|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, A Judgment,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What final punishment is given to Goryon and Gast for their unlawful dispute?
(a) They repair and replant the farmer's field.
(b) They go to the dungeon for a year.
(c) They give the cows to King Smoit.
(d) They pay double taxes for a year.
2. What does Taran ask his master for permission to do at the beginning of this book?
(a) Marry his love.
(b) Find his birth parents.
(c) Fight in the war.
(d) Prove his noble birth.
3. Who rules the Free Commots?
(c) A wicked wizard.
(d) King Smoit.
4. Who does Taran want to talk to on his first stop on his quest?
(a) A dwarf king.
(b) An elfish gossip.
(c) The three witches.
(d) A bard.
5. What ruins the fields of Taran's farmer friend?
(a) A spell of dry weather.
(b) A curse of some witches.
(c) The trampling of bandits.
(d) The fighting between Goryon and Gast.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the king give Taran the favor he asks when Groyon and Gast appear on the farmer's land?
2. How does Taran prove that the horse is his when he confronts the man who has it?
3. How does Taran know the first king he visits on his quest?
4. What does Taran say is his top priority after all the trouble he faces in Cantrevs?
5. Who goes with Taran on his mission?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)