|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, The Free Commots,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Taran take the shepherd's sheep at the end of the winter?
(a) To a small farmer with many children.
(b) To a livestock market.
(c) To the Free Commots.
(d) To Cair Dallben.
2. What is the finest treasure that the owner of the house where Fflewdar Fflam is found has?
(a) An enchanted sword.
(b) A wine bowl.
(c) A mirror.
(d) An elvish charm.
3. Who does Taran meet as he enters Cantrevs?
4. Why does Taran move on from his second job among the Free Commots?
(a) The work does not make him happy.
(b) He does not have a natural talent for it.
(c) He does not like his master.
(d) He feels it is beneath him.
5. Who suggests a different punishment for Goryon and Gast than their usual punishment for the common disputes between them?
(a) Fflewdar Fflam.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only thing of value that Taran is carrying on his journey?
2. Why does Taran not help the man in Cantrevs the way he wants to?
3. What news does Taran hear when he first wakes after suffering injuries trying to save the shepherd?
4. What does Llylan find in the bushes after Kaw has left?
5. How does Taran prove that the horse is his when he confronts the man who has it?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)