|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, The Wager,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the farmer feel about the final punishment given to Goryon and Gast for their dispute?
(a) He is confused at the justice taking place.
(b) He is angry that it wasn't harsher.
(c) He is sad to see men punished so harshly.
(d) He is very happy and appeased.
2. How is the frog trying to hide when he is turned into a frog?
(a) Use camouflaged clothing.
(b) Use an invisibility cloak.
(c) Stooping behind a large boulder.
(d) In a hollow tree.
3. Who breaks the polished bone?
(d) Fflewdar Fflam.
4. What does Dorath do to make the fight between him and Taran unfair?
(a) Calls in a second man to help him.
(b) Throws dirt in Taran's face.
(c) Takes a rest.
(d) Brings out a knife.
5. What punishment does the king initially want to give Goryon and Gast for their unlawful dispute?
(a) A year in the dungeon.
(b) Reparations to the farmer's land.
(c) A year of double taxes.
(d) Giving up the fight over cows.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the owner of the house where Taran finds Fflewdar Fflam most proud of himself for?
2. What is the only thing of value that Taran is carrying on his journey?
3. What causes the enchanted frog to be ill?
4. What favor does Taran ask of King Smoit when Goryon and Gast appear on the farmer's land?
5. What part of the herd is given to the farmer after the dispute is ended?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)