|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, The Wager,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Taran so hesitant to give up his sword to Dorath?
(a) Dorath will most likely kill him with it.
(b) He has no other weapons.
(c) It was a gift from Dallben.
(d) It is a huge disgrace to travel unprotected.
2. Where does Taran suggest the king goes after he is rescued?
(a) His own castle.
(b) Lord Gast's palace.
(c) The farmer's house.
(d) Dallben's home.
3. Why does the king give Taran the favor he asks when Groyon and Gast appear on the farmer's land?
(a) The King trusts Taran's wisdom.
(b) The King owes Taran some money.
(c) Taran offers to pay him in service for the favor.
(d) Taran just saved the king's life.
4. What is the owner of the house where Taran finds Fflewdar Fflam most proud of himself for?
(d) Battle Prowess.
5. What is the finest treasure that the owner of the house where Fflewdar Fflam is found has?
(a) A mirror.
(b) An elvish charm.
(c) A wine bowl.
(d) An enchanted sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Fflewdar Fflam?
2. What favor does Taran ask of King Smoit when Goryon and Gast appear on the farmer's land?
3. How does the farmer feel about the final punishment given to Goryon and Gast for their dispute?
4. What is the name of Taran's horse?
5. Who breaks the polished bone?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)