|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, The Wager,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dorath decide to take as payment before he lets Taran leave?
(a) A promisory note.
(b) A letter of good will to King Smoit.
(c) A sword fight.
(d) The enchanted ring.
2. What punishment does the king initially want to give Goryon and Gast for their unlawful dispute?
(a) A year in the dungeon.
(b) Giving up the fight over cows.
(c) Reparations to the farmer's land.
(d) A year of double taxes.
3. Why does the king give Taran the favor he asks when Groyon and Gast appear on the farmer's land?
(a) Taran just saved the king's life.
(b) Taran offers to pay him in service for the favor.
(c) The King trusts Taran's wisdom.
(d) The King owes Taran some money.
4. What does the farmer apologize for after the dispute between Goryon and Gast is settled?
(a) His lack of generosity.
(b) His bad temper.
(c) His lack of belief in justice.
(d) His part in the dispute.
5. Why is Taran so hesitant to give up his sword to Dorath?
(a) He has no other weapons.
(b) Dorath will most likely kill him with it.
(c) It was a gift from Dallben.
(d) It is a huge disgrace to travel unprotected.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ruins the fields of Taran's farmer friend?
2. What does Dorath do to make the fight between him and Taran unfair?
3. What is the frog doing when he is turned into a frog?
4. What is the name of the man who commits the robbery from the Fair Folk?
5. What does Taran do with the stone from Morda's necklace?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)