|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, The Wager,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the farmer feel about the final punishment given to Goryon and Gast for their dispute?
(a) He is sad to see men punished so harshly.
(b) He is angry that it wasn't harsher.
(c) He is very happy and appeased.
(d) He is confused at the justice taking place.
2. What does the farmer apologize for after the dispute between Goryon and Gast is settled?
(a) His lack of generosity.
(b) His part in the dispute.
(c) His lack of belief in justice.
(d) His bad temper.
3. What does Taran do with the gift brought to him by Kaw as he is being led by the enchanted frog?
(a) He cries in gratitude.
(b) He faints.
(c) He keeps it.
(d) He pretends to eat them, then throws them away.
4. How does the man with Taran's horse feel about letting Taran keep his horse?
(a) He is jealous and vows to get it back.
(b) He offers to pay Taran for the inconvenience.
(c) He wants Taran to teach him to ride as well.
(d) He is glad to be rid of it.
5. Who makes Taran's battle horn?
(a) A great wizard.
(b) The Fair Folk.
(c) The dwarves.
(d) The bards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kaw bring Taran as he is being led by the sick and enchanted frog?
2. What punishment does the king initially want to give Goryon and Gast for their unlawful dispute?
3. What part of the herd is given to the farmer after the dispute is ended?
4. Where does Taran plan to go after Morda's death?
5. Who rescues the King from the water?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)