1. Where does this book take place?
2. What number book in the series is this book?
3. What is Taran's occupation?
(d) Pig keeper.
4. Who is Taran in love with?
(a) A servant.
(b) A princess.
(c) An elf.
(d) A queen.
5. Who does Taran live with at the beginning of this book?
6. What does Taran ask his master for permission to do at the beginning of this book?
(a) Marry his love.
(b) Find his birth parents.
(c) Prove his noble birth.
(d) Fight in the war.
7. Who goes with Taran on his mission?
8. How does Taran come to live where he does at the beginning of the book?
(a) He is left there by his parents.
(b) He is stolen.
(c) His parents live there.
(d) He is given as a payment.
This section contains 4,916 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)