|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What move does Lee claim takes the opponent's hand off target by returning it in a circular motion to the line of engagement?
(a) The bind.
(c) Engaged force.
(d) Semicircular parry.
2. The _____ in the high line of engagement starts under the opponent's hand, and in the low line starts over the opponent's hand.
(a) Simple parry.
(b) Circular parry.
(c) Semicircular parry.
(d) Compound parry.
3. What types of fighters does Lee describe as using techniques and tactics learned by repetition without considering the reason?
4. A what point of a fight does Bruce Lee recommend the fighter stay loose but poised and use economical movements?
(a) Between punches.
(b) Before a fight begins.
(c) Before initiation of an attack.
(d) After receiving a blow.
5. What move does Lee teach that shifts the weight and changes the feet while remaining balanced?
Short Answer Questions
1. What strategy does Lee use for avoiding a blow without moving the body out of range with straight leads and counters?
2. Where should the execution of the feint start from?
3. What does Lee say involves observing the opponent's habits, virtues, and faults?
4. What does Lee say is the highest priority as techniques mastered are forgotten to float in totality?
5. Compound attacks are characterized as _____ with short, fast combinations, or _____ with deep, penetrative, and fast combinations.
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)