|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lee say requires preliminary analysis, preparation, and execution?
(a) Reading the opponent.
(b) Selecting tactics.
(c) Being unattached.
(d) Preliminary analysis.
2. What does Lee call the four forms of simple attack that include thrusts, simple disengagements, counter-disengagements and cut-overs?
(a) Counter attacks.
(b) Renewed attacks.
(c) Compound attacks.
(d) The Power Four.
3. What does Lee say includes everything and excludes nothing?
(d) Decision making.
4. What move does Lee say make the fighter harder to hit and leaves the hands open for attack?
(d) The body sway.
5. What does Lee suggest results when there is no center and no circumference?
Short Answer Questions
1. Lee teaches that in Jeet Kune Do, combat is a matter of _____.
2. What is a balanced forward advance of the body through a series of short sliding steps forward?
3. What does Lee say fighters may develop to maintain the distance between them?
4. Which Jeet Kune Do technique anticipates the opponent's punch or kick and steps back to take advantage of the opponent's openings?
5. Lee states that most offensive action is _____, following a _____ or countering an opponent attack.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lee's concept of the circle with no circumference.
2. Based on the teachings in Chapter 6, what do you think is the best strategy for getting an opponent off balance?
3. In Chapter 6, Lee says that footwork is better than using arms to avoid kicks or blows. Why does he emphasize footwork?
4. Why does Lee recommend making economical moves?
5. What makes a good feint in Jeet Kune Do threatening?
6. What does Lee mean by the term, "milling on the retreat?"
7. What might a fight look like where two fighters have different fighting measures?
8. What happens to previous learning while training in Jeet Kune Do?
9. What might happen if a fighter parries too early?
10. What type of pressure does Lee imply is used in envelopment?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)