|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What strategy does Lee use for avoiding a blow without moving the body out of range with straight leads and counters?
2. What does Lee say a mind loses if it stops?
(a) Jeet Kune Do training.
(b) The potential for enlightenment.
(c) Its own fluidity.
(d) Memory and facts.
3. According to Lee, how should the movements of an opponent who is very fast and cannot be feinted, be countered?
(a) With the croise.
(b) With the bind.
(c) With the beat.
(d) With a feint.
4. What does Lee instruct fighters to use to coordinate closing and opening distances?
(a) Arm span.
(c) An estimation.
(d) Hands and feet.
5. What move does Lee teach that shifts the weight and changes the feet while remaining balanced?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lee say a long and deep feint draws the opponent into?
2. What does Lee say will vary according to the opponent's skill and training?
3. Lee claims that Jeet Kune Do is not just technique but is a matter of _____ and _____.
4. What does Lee say a delayed riposte involves for a fighter?
5. What action does Lee say the feint lures the opponent into making?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lee feel that Jeet Kune Do is not just a technique?
2. Why did Lee include courage as a principle for "distance in attack?"
3. How can a beat be used against an opponent who is fast and cannot be feinted?
4. How does an empty mind help a fighter?
5. What might happen if a fighter parries too early?
6. How does a feint force hesitation while closing the distance?
7. Why does Lee recommend making economical moves?
8. Lee describes the speed of a simple attack as both "smooth and explosive." How might it be possible to achieve this state?
9. Lee writes, "Effort should be applied to the work to be done as if nothing particular is happening. " Name an example from everyday life and how this principle might work.
10. Lee died before a full and detailed explanation of attacks could be provided. Do you think the editors completed Chapter 7 successfully, or might there be important details missing?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)