|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lee believes one should keep his mind in a state of _____ so the freedom of action is never _____.
2. What move does Lee teach that shifts the weight and changes the feet while remaining balanced?
3. What does Lee say a mind loses if it stops?
(a) Memory and facts.
(b) Jeet Kune Do training.
(c) The potential for enlightenment.
(d) Its own fluidity.
4. What does Lee say will vary according to the opponent's skill and training?
(b) Body feel.
5. Where should the execution of the feint start from?
(a) A side position.
(b) A minimum of three feet away.
(c) A body's length away from the opponent.
(d) The on-guard position.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lee say includes everything and excludes nothing?
2. What types of fighters does Lee describe as using techniques and tactics learned by repetition without considering the reason?
3. Which move takes an opponent's hand diagonally from high to low, or the reverse?
4. What technique does Lee describe that requires three factors be understood, including the opponent lead to determine the open side of the opponent?
5. What does Lee teach as a fast forceful backward movement that allows further retreat or stepping forward to attack?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lee feel that Jeet Kune Do is not just a technique?
2. In Chapter 6, Lee says that footwork is better than using arms to avoid kicks or blows. Why does he emphasize footwork?
3. Lee writes, "Effort should be applied to the work to be done as if nothing particular is happening. " Name an example from everyday life and how this principle might work.
4. What happens to previous learning while training in Jeet Kune Do?
5. Why are direct attacks rare in Jeet Kune Do?
6. Why does Lee recommend making economical moves?
7. Why did Lee include courage as a principle for "distance in attack?"
8. Lee describes the speed of a simple attack as both "smooth and explosive." How might it be possible to achieve this state?
9. How does rolling minimize the fighter's punch?
10. How does rhythm prepare the fighter in Jeet Kune Do?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)