|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, Lee suggest an immediate _____ is most effective because it occurs immediately after a(n) _____.
2. What does Lee say fighters may develop to maintain the distance between them?
(b) A mental yardstick.
(c) Body feel.
(d) An instinctive reflex.
3. What does Lee compare a man's movement to without obstruction?
(a) A leaf blowing in the wind.
(b) A flash of lightening.
(c) A soaring bird.
(d) An old growth tree.
4. What does Lee say is consciously unconscious and unconsciously conscious at the same time?
(a) Jeet Kune Do.
(b) The secret of nirvana.
(c) Human beings.
5. What is a balanced forward advance of the body through a series of short sliding steps forward?
(a) A lunge.
(b) The side shuffle.
(c) The forward shuffle.
(d) A feint.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lee believe opens spiritual insight?
2. Which Jeet Kune Do move drops the body forward from the waist under swings and hooks to the head?
3. What move does Lee say can be used to open the line by force or to feint before an attack?
4. What does Lee say requires preliminary analysis, preparation, and execution?
5. What attack occurs in the same line as the original action when the opponent retreats without a parry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lee feel that Jeet Kune Do is not just a technique?
2. What happens to previous learning while training in Jeet Kune Do?
3. How does rhythm prepare the fighter in Jeet Kune Do?
4. Why are direct attacks rare in Jeet Kune Do?
5. Attack on preparation stops an opponent before the plan is matured. Does this attack requires physical training, mental training or both?
6. Lee describes the speed of a simple attack as both "smooth and explosive." How might it be possible to achieve this state?
7. What techniques are described in Chapter 7 that help fighters prepare for effective attacks?
8. What might happen if a fighter parries too early?
9. Lee writes, "Effort should be applied to the work to be done as if nothing particular is happening. " Name an example from everyday life and how this principle might work.
10. In Chapter 6, Lee says that footwork is better than using arms to avoid kicks or blows. Why does he emphasize footwork?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)