|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What types of fighters does Lee describe as using techniques and tactics learned by repetition without considering the reason?
2. Compound attacks are characterized as _____ with short, fast combinations, or _____ with deep, penetrative, and fast combinations.
3. What does Lee recommend combining with a parry when fighting an opponent who is faster, taller, or has longer reach?
(a) The croise.
(b) The feint.
(c) The beat.
(d) The step back.
4. What does Lee claim is a denial of one's being?
5. What action does Lee say the feint lures the opponent into making?
(a) A punch.
(b) A parry.
(c) A kick.
(d) A feint.
Short Answer Questions
1. What move does Lee say can be used to open the line by force or to feint before an attack?
2. Lee says that the tools of Jeet Kune Do are at the center of an undefined circle whose circumference allows _____.
3. What does Lee suggest Jeet Kune Do students should be alert to?
4. Which attacks does Lee describe that are started by the fighter to score by pace, fraud, or force?
5. A _____ snaps the body from a straight lead to miss an opponent blow.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Lee include courage as a principle for "distance in attack?"
2. What happens to previous learning while training in Jeet Kune Do?
3. Describe Lee's concept of the circle with no circumference.
4. How does a feint force hesitation while closing the distance?
5. How can a beat be used against an opponent who is fast and cannot be feinted?
6. Attack on preparation stops an opponent before the plan is matured. Does this attack requires physical training, mental training or both?
7. How does rhythm prepare the fighter in Jeet Kune Do?
8. In Chapter 6, Lee says that footwork is better than using arms to avoid kicks or blows. Why does he emphasize footwork?
9. What state of mind should one have when assuming the fighting stance?
10. How does an empty mind help a fighter?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)