|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lee suggest has been within people that causes them to be distorted and thought to be lost?
(a) A misguided manipulation of things.
(b) A dominant ego.
(c) A fight or flight response.
(d) A desire to win.
2. What move does Lee teach that shifts the weight and changes the feet while remaining balanced?
3. What does Lee say changes continuously with the speed, agility, and control of fighters?
4. What does Lee claim is a denial of one's being?
5. Lee says that the tools of Jeet Kune Do are at the center of an undefined circle whose circumference allows _____.
(a) Continuous expansion outward.
(b) A series of circles to become one.
(c) One to spiral out of control.
(d) One to find peace within.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lee say is consciously unconscious and unconsciously conscious at the same time?
2. Compound attacks are characterized as _____ with short, fast combinations, or _____ with deep, penetrative, and fast combinations.
3. What does Lee call the four forms of simple attack that include thrusts, simple disengagements, counter-disengagements and cut-overs?
4. What does Lee compare a man's movement to without obstruction?
5. What does Lee call the space a fighter and his opponent have in relation to each other?
Short Essay Questions
1. Attack on preparation stops an opponent before the plan is matured. Does this attack requires physical training, mental training or both?
2. Why did Lee include courage as a principle for "distance in attack?"
3. Based on the teachings in Chapter 6, what do you think is the best strategy for getting an opponent off balance?
4. What happens to previous learning while training in Jeet Kune Do?
5. What techniques are described in Chapter 7 that help fighters prepare for effective attacks?
6. Describe Lee's concept of the circle with no circumference.
7. Why are direct attacks rare in Jeet Kune Do?
8. How can a beat be used against an opponent who is fast and cannot be feinted?
9. What might happen if a fighter parries too early?
10. How does rolling minimize the fighter's punch?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)