|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which move takes an opponent's hand diagonally from high to low, or the reverse?
(a) The bind.
(b) The parry.
(c) The beat.
(d) The hand hold.
2. What does Lee believe opens spiritual insight?
(c) Jeet Kune Do.
3. Which Jeet Kune Do move drops the body forward from the waist under swings and hooks to the head?
4. What does Lee say involves observing the opponent's habits, virtues, and faults?
(a) A character study.
(b) Scientific observation.
(c) Preliminary analysis.
(d) Selecting tactics.
5. What move does Lee claim takes the opponent's hand off target by returning it in a circular motion to the line of engagement?
(b) The bind.
(c) Semicircular parry.
(d) Engaged force.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Lee, how should the movements of an opponent who is very fast and cannot be feinted, be countered?
2. Lee explains that the ______ starts an offensive maneuver as a feint to build up an opening with foot movement.
3. What does Lee teach is the state one must preserve when the fighting stance is assumed?
4. Who does Lee say that counterattacking is safer for?
5. Lee believes one should keep his mind in a state of _____ so the freedom of action is never _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does rhythm prepare the fighter in Jeet Kune Do?
2. In Chapter 6, Lee says that footwork is better than using arms to avoid kicks or blows. Why does he emphasize footwork?
3. What state of mind should one have when assuming the fighting stance?
4. What does Lee mean by the term, "milling on the retreat?"
5. How does rolling minimize the fighter's punch?
6. Attack on preparation stops an opponent before the plan is matured. Does this attack requires physical training, mental training or both?
7. Lee died before a full and detailed explanation of attacks could be provided. Do you think the editors completed Chapter 7 successfully, or might there be important details missing?
8. Based on the teachings in Chapter 6, what do you think is the best strategy for getting an opponent off balance?
9. Why are direct attacks rare in Jeet Kune Do?
10. How does a feint force hesitation while closing the distance?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)