|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lee instruct fighters to use to coordinate closing and opening distances?
(b) Hands and feet.
(c) Arm span.
(d) An estimation.
2. Lee believes one should keep his mind in a state of _____ so the freedom of action is never _____.
3. How does Lee distinguish the parry from a block?
(a) He says the parry is a faster version of a block.
(b) He says the deflecting motion of the parry uses no force and causes the blow to slide off.
(c) He says the block using no force but the parry does.
(d) He says the parry requires more coordination and the block relies on the reflexes.
4. What is the rhythm of the single feint?
5. Lee claims that Jeet Kune Do is not just technique but is a matter of _____ and _____.
(c) Personal spirituality/Physique.
Short Answer Questions
1. What strategy does Lee use for avoiding a blow without moving the body out of range with straight leads and counters?
2. Lee explains that the ______ starts an offensive maneuver as a feint to build up an opening with foot movement.
3. What does Lee say is the highest priority as techniques mastered are forgotten to float in totality?
4. How many principles does Lee outline for distance in attacks?
5. What types of fighters does Lee describe as using techniques and tactics learned by repetition without considering the reason?
Short Essay Questions
1. Based on the teachings in Chapter 6, what do you think is the best strategy for getting an opponent off balance?
2. What does Lee mean by the term, "milling on the retreat?"
3. Attack on preparation stops an opponent before the plan is matured. Does this attack requires physical training, mental training or both?
4. How can a beat be used against an opponent who is fast and cannot be feinted?
5. What might a fight look like where two fighters have different fighting measures?
6. What makes a good feint in Jeet Kune Do threatening?
7. What happens to previous learning while training in Jeet Kune Do?
8. What might happen if a fighter parries too early?
9. In Chapter 6, Lee says that footwork is better than using arms to avoid kicks or blows. Why does he emphasize footwork?
10. How does rolling minimize the fighter's punch?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)