|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lee say is consciously unconscious and unconsciously conscious at the same time?
(a) The secret of nirvana.
(b) Jeet Kune Do.
(c) Human beings.
2. How many diseases does Lee propose as desires that are attachments?
3. What does Lee say a mind loses if it stops?
(a) The potential for enlightenment.
(b) Its own fluidity.
(c) Memory and facts.
(d) Jeet Kune Do training.
4. What does Lee say requires preliminary analysis, preparation, and execution?
(a) Preliminary analysis.
(b) Reading the opponent.
(c) Being unattached.
(d) Selecting tactics.
5. Lee believes that footwork during fighting is preferable to _____.
(c) Upper body work.
(d) Standing still.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lee say will vary according to the opponent's skill and training?
2. According to Lee, how are the psychic hindrances of man and surroundings eliminated?
3. What does Lee say fighters may develop to maintain the distance between them?
4. What is a balanced forward advance of the body through a series of short sliding steps forward?
5. What does Lee claim is a denial of one's being?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does a feint force hesitation while closing the distance?
2. Lee writes, "Effort should be applied to the work to be done as if nothing particular is happening. " Name an example from everyday life and how this principle might work.
3. What techniques are described in Chapter 7 that help fighters prepare for effective attacks?
4. Attack on preparation stops an opponent before the plan is matured. Does this attack requires physical training, mental training or both?
5. Why does Lee recommend making economical moves?
6. Based on the teachings in Chapter 6, what do you think is the best strategy for getting an opponent off balance?
7. How can a beat be used against an opponent who is fast and cannot be feinted?
8. How does rolling minimize the fighter's punch?
9. What happens to previous learning while training in Jeet Kune Do?
10. What might a fight look like where two fighters have different fighting measures?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)