|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What types of fighters does Lee describe who consider the why, how, and when of each successive encounter?
(a) Black belts.
2. What action does Lee say the feint lures the opponent into making?
(a) A punch.
(b) A feint.
(c) A parry.
(d) A kick.
3. What does Lee say is made when a fighter decides or opponent movement occurs or fails?
(a) An attack.
(b) A counter attack.
(d) A point.
4. What move does Lee say can be used to open the line by force or to feint before an attack?
(a) A compound attack.
(b) The parry.
(d) The beat.
5. What does Lee say requires preliminary analysis, preparation, and execution?
(a) Preliminary analysis.
(b) Selecting tactics.
(c) Reading the opponent.
(d) Being unattached.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lee states that most offensive action is _____, following a _____ or countering an opponent attack.
2. What does Lee say a long and deep feint draws the opponent into?
3. Lee says that the key element of Jeet Kune Do is its _____ that permits it to have all technique.
4. What technique does Lee describe that requires three factors be understood, including the opponent lead to determine the open side of the opponent?
5. What does Lee claim is a denial of one's being?
Short Essay Questions
1. What might a fight look like where two fighters have different fighting measures?
2. What does Lee mean by the term, "milling on the retreat?"
3. Why does Lee feel that Jeet Kune Do is not just a technique?
4. In Chapter 6, Lee says that footwork is better than using arms to avoid kicks or blows. Why does he emphasize footwork?
5. How does an empty mind help a fighter?
6. Why did Lee include courage as a principle for "distance in attack?"
7. Lee writes, "Effort should be applied to the work to be done as if nothing particular is happening. " Name an example from everyday life and how this principle might work.
8. What might happen if a fighter parries too early?
9. Why are direct attacks rare in Jeet Kune Do?
10. Attack on preparation stops an opponent before the plan is matured. Does this attack requires physical training, mental training or both?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)