|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Jeet Kune Do technique moves the body with a blow, thereby nullifying its value?
(c) Body thrust.
2. What does Lee teach is the purpose of a feint?
(a) To reduce an opponent's coordination.
(b) To increase a fighter's arsenal.
(c) To improve muscle function.
(d) To use enough motion to deflect a blow.
3. What does Lee compare a man's movement to without obstruction?
(a) A soaring bird.
(b) A flash of lightening.
(c) A leaf blowing in the wind.
(d) An old growth tree.
4. Even the desire to _____, Lee says, is an attachment.
(b) Be loved.
(c) Be void of desire.
5. What does Lee say requires preliminary analysis, preparation, and execution?
(a) Selecting tactics.
(b) Reading the opponent.
(c) Preliminary analysis.
(d) Being unattached.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which attacks does Lee describe that are started by the fighter to score by pace, fraud, or force?
2. Which move takes an opponent's hand diagonally from high to low, or the reverse?
3. Lee says that the tools of Jeet Kune Do are at the center of an undefined circle whose circumference allows _____.
4. What does Lee believe opens spiritual insight?
5. What does Lee conclude is based on feints and actions connected to them?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 6, Lee says that footwork is better than using arms to avoid kicks or blows. Why does he emphasize footwork?
2. Based on the teachings in Chapter 6, what do you think is the best strategy for getting an opponent off balance?
3. How does a feint force hesitation while closing the distance?
4. Describe Lee's concept of the circle with no circumference.
5. Why are direct attacks rare in Jeet Kune Do?
6. Attack on preparation stops an opponent before the plan is matured. Does this attack requires physical training, mental training or both?
7. What makes a good feint in Jeet Kune Do threatening?
8. What might happen if a fighter parries too early?
9. How does an empty mind help a fighter?
10. Why does Lee recommend making economical moves?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)