|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What types of fighters does Lee describe who consider the why, how, and when of each successive encounter?
(b) Black belts.
2. According to Lee, how should the movements of an opponent who is very fast and cannot be feinted, be countered?
(a) With the bind.
(b) With the beat.
(c) With a feint.
(d) With the croise.
3. What does Lee suggest Jeet Kune Do students should be alert to?
(a) Time and space.
(b) The rigidity of dual comprehension.
(c) Interchangeable opposites.
(d) Technical cunning.
4. What does Lee claim is a denial of one's being?
5. What move does Lee teach for forcing the opponent to move to avoid an apparent attack?
(a) The counter attack.
(b) The feint.
(c) The parry.
(d) The escape.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lee say a delayed riposte involves for a fighter?
2. Which Jeet Kune Do technique moves the body with a blow, thereby nullifying its value?
3. Lee states that most offensive action is _____, following a _____ or countering an opponent attack.
4. What does Lee say changes continuously with the speed, agility, and control of fighters?
5. What follows with the fighter lunging?
Short Essay Questions
1. Lee writes, "Effort should be applied to the work to be done as if nothing particular is happening. " Name an example from everyday life and how this principle might work.
2. Why are direct attacks rare in Jeet Kune Do?
3. How does rhythm prepare the fighter in Jeet Kune Do?
4. What does Lee mean by the term, "milling on the retreat?"
5. Describe Lee's concept of the circle with no circumference.
6. How does an empty mind help a fighter?
7. What techniques are described in Chapter 7 that help fighters prepare for effective attacks?
8. Why did Lee include courage as a principle for "distance in attack?"
9. How can a beat be used against an opponent who is fast and cannot be feinted?
10. Why does Lee feel that Jeet Kune Do is not just a technique?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)