|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term does Lee use to describe evidence of poor readiness?
(a) Knuckle sandwich.
(b) Slow poke.
(d) Brain freeze.
2. What does Lee use as a strategy that causes an opponent to attack in tempo with the intent to execute a subsequent attack?
3. What does Lee say occurs while warming up that reduces viscosity and resistance of muscle to its own movement?
(a) Spiritual changes.
(b) Physical changes.
(c) Emotional changes.
(d) Physiological changes.
4. According to Lee, what is achieved by practice to form neural pathways?
5. Lee suggests that speed and _____ from many angles should be used in stop-hit training.
(a) Punches and kicks.
(b) Counter attacks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lee states that a skillful athlete is characterized by his ease of _____ regardless of effort.
2. Why is Bruce Lee confined to his bed?
3. What state of mind should a student have while training?
4. What example of moving and not moving does Lee use?
5. What does Lee suggest every muscle in the body benefits from before vigorous activity?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the author believe Jeet Kune Do is an art?
2. What are some qualities of a Jeet Kune Do fighter?
3. A moon seen under the waves is proposed as an example of moving and not moving. What would be another example of moving and not moving?
4. When is reaction time longer?
5. Why does Lee mention tools of judo and ju-jitsu in Chapter 4?
6. What does Lee see as the purpose of his book?
7. What does Lee mean when he says, "The strike should be felt before it is seen?"
8. What benefit does Lee say a fighter has in taking a low-line position?
9. What happened in Bruce Lee's life that inspired the writing of "The Tao of Jeet Kune Do?"
10. How does Lee describe the "shortened lever" principle?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)