|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bruce Lee call over-daring because it forbids illegal and unfair tactics?
(b) Western boxing.
(c) Indian wrestling.
(d) Jeet Kune Do.
2. In Lee's view, what results from three thousand years of conditioning and propaganda?
(a) A Jeet Kune Do master.
(b) A classic martial artist.
(c) An Olympian.
(d) A successful athlete.
3. What moves a joint by becoming longer or shorter in order to cause motion that may be slow or fast?
4. Lee states that _____ requires the mind be not for or against.
5. What does Lee believe is the foundation of Jeet Kune Do?
(c) Bruce Lee.
(d) Martial arts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lee say enables one to assume adaptability to any style?
2. What term does Lee use to describe evidence of poor readiness?
3. What does Lee use as a strategy that causes an opponent to attack in tempo with the intent to execute a subsequent attack?
4. Lee explains that a dancer requires different warm up exercise _____ and _____ from an older martial arts fighter.
5. What state of mind should a student have while training?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lee instruct that a lead hook be used carefully?
2. Name one of Lee's timing exercises that a fighter can practice.
3. Why is a winning attitude important in Jeet Kune Do?
4. Why does Lee say body feel important to develop in kicking?
5. Do fighters in Jeet Kune Do need to be the same height and weight?
6. What happened in Bruce Lee's life that inspired the writing of "The Tao of Jeet Kune Do?"
7. What does Lee see as the purpose of his book?
8. Why does Lee mention tools of judo and ju-jitsu in Chapter 4?
9. Why do Lee and the editor devote so much detail to the on-guard position and proper posture?
10. Why do different types of activities require different warm ups?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)