|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lee claim is the greatest hindrance to proper physical action?
2. Lee believes that when one understands the _____, the _____ are understood as well.
3. What type of adjustment is acquired by practicing new tasks?
4. What term does Lee use to describe evidence of poor readiness?
(a) Brain freeze.
(c) Slow poke.
(d) Knuckle sandwich.
5. Lee says the uppercut is used in close-quarters but it is useless with fast _____ that stand upright and jab.
Short Answer Questions
1. What supplies energy for muscular contractions?
2. Perceptual, mental, initiation and performance are types of _____.
3. What does Lee say there is no need for in Buddhism?
4. What does Lee use as a strategy that causes an opponent to attack in tempo with the intent to execute a subsequent attack?
5. Lee feels that concentration and vigilance must be _____ to attack with the right timing.
Short Essay Questions
1. Lee says that a proper spiritual attitude is maintained. What might happen if a fighter does not maintain their spiritual attitude?
2. Why does Lee call Western boxing over-daring?
3. What are some qualities of a Jeet Kune Do fighter?
4. How might exercises that imitate moves used in the event be beneficial, as Lee claims?
5. Why might Lee recommend imagining simple moves to counter an attacking opponent?
6. What does Lee mean when he says, "The strike should be felt before it is seen?"
7. When is reaction time longer?
8. Why is a winning attitude important in Jeet Kune Do?
9. How does Lee describe the "shortened lever" principle?
10. What happened in Bruce Lee's life that inspired the writing of "The Tao of Jeet Kune Do?"
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)