|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an ability to recognize or provoke the right moment to act?
2. What increases energy cost to cause early fatigue?
(a) Sudden movements.
(b) Lack of focus.
(c) Opposing tension.
3. What type of hook does Lee suggest for in-fighting when coming away on the break?
4. How many basic methods are used in attack?
5. In what year was Jeet Kune Do published?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does increased tissue elasticity reduce?
2. Lee teaches that _____ allows one to remain coiled in a loose but compact position.
3. What is the fragment of time within a cadence that is most suitable for effective action?
4. What does Lee describe as dangerous in attack or defense?
5. What does the author compare to the time a fencer takes to perform one simple fencing action?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the weapons of Jeet Kune Do parts of the body, rather than actual objects?
2. Why does Lee call Western boxing over-daring?
3. What benefit does Lee say a fighter has in taking a low-line position?
4. When is reaction time longer?
5. Why is a winning attitude important in Jeet Kune Do?
6. How might exercises that imitate moves used in the event be beneficial, as Lee claims?
7. Why does Lee suggest a wooden doll has no ego?
8. What is the benefit of determining cadence?
9. Do fighters in Jeet Kune Do need to be the same height and weight?
10. What do you imagine a "poker body" might look and feel like?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)