|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author suggests that the lack of _____ lets things disclose themselves.
(c) Will power.
2. What term does Lee use to describe evidence of poor readiness?
(a) Brain freeze.
(b) Knuckle sandwich.
(c) Slow poke.
3. Perceptual, mental, initiation and performance are types of _____.
4. What type of posture does Lee say should always be maintained?
(a) A straight line or axis.
(b) A slight lean forward.
(c) A rounded back.
(d) A different one for each position.
5. What does Lee believe is a primary need of the on-guard position?
(a) Proper posture.
(b) Firm foundation.
(c) Squaring off the shoulders.
(d) Setting the tone.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was Jeet Kune Do published?
2. In Lee's view, what results from three thousand years of conditioning and propaganda?
3. How many basic methods are used in attack?
4. What does Lee claim is the greatest hindrance to proper physical action?
5. Lee says the greatest benefit is gained by exercises that _____ moves used in the_____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lee say body feel important to develop in kicking?
2. Do fighters in Jeet Kune Do need to be the same height and weight?
3. What state of mind should one have when assuming the fighting stance?
4. How does rolling minimize the fighter's punch?
5. Why does Lee stress that Jeet Kune Do is just a name?
6. How might exercises that imitate moves used in the event be beneficial, as Lee claims?
7. Who helped Lee in the writing and publication of his book?
8. Why does Lee suggest a wooden doll has no ego?
9. Why does Lee mention tools of judo and ju-jitsu in Chapter 4?
10. What is the benefit of determining cadence?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)