|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the opponent's hand or leg is within reach, the fighter can gain _____ of it for subsequent attack.
2. What can the fighter use to cause his opponent to try to slow down to insure the success of a strike?
3. What religious tradition does Bruce Lee draw on as a path to enlightenment?
(d) All religions.
4. Lee suggests that speed and _____ from many angles should be used in stop-hit training.
(b) Counter attacks.
(d) Punches and kicks.
5. How does Lee suggest a series of punches end?
(a) With a straight rear thrust.
(b) In ready position.
(c) With a foul tactic.
(d) With the lead hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many basic methods are used in attack?
2. What response must the opponent be in, according to Lee, in order for the fighter to break the rhythm to catch the opponent off-balance?
3. What does Lee say occurs while warming up that reduces viscosity and resistance of muscle to its own movement?
4. Lee teaches that quick hitting with leverage and timing regardless of _____ and _____ is the secret of powerful hitting.
5. What does Lee suggest reveals nothing about the next move and keeps a body in the most favorable state?
Short Essay Questions
1. Lee says that a proper spiritual attitude is maintained. What might happen if a fighter does not maintain their spiritual attitude?
2. What are some qualities of a Jeet Kune Do fighter?
3. Does Lee prefer faith in imitation or faith in origination?
4. Why might compassion, as Lee claims, be a better guard against injustice than justice?
5. What does Lee mean when he refers to most people as "instruments of others?"
6. Why are the weapons of Jeet Kune Do parts of the body, rather than actual objects?
7. What makes Jeet Kune Do a simple martial art?
8. What type of pressure does Lee imply is used in envelopment?
9. How does rolling minimize the fighter's punch?
10. Do fighters in Jeet Kune Do need to be the same height and weight?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)