|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lee say is required to prepare the athlete for strenuous physical performance?
(a) Warming up.
(b) Climbing stairs.
(c) Setting a goal.
(d) Studying the opponent.
2. What does Lee say is minimized with vigorous activity in warming up by rehearsing skills and raising body temperature?
3. What state of mind should a student have while in combat?
4. How many steps does Lee give for throwing one's opponent to the ground?
5. What does Lee say occurs while warming up that reduces viscosity and resistance of muscle to its own movement?
(a) Emotional changes.
(b) Physiological changes.
(c) Spiritual changes.
(d) Physical changes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lee explains that a dancer requires different warm up exercise _____ and _____ from an older martial arts fighter.
2. Which move does Lee say is effective as a counterblow, like a loose, snappy punch?
3. What religious tradition does Bruce Lee draw on as a path to enlightenment?
4. Lee instructs that no-contact stopping of attacks inches in front of the target creates a false sense of _____.
5. In what year was Jeet Kune Do published?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do you imagine a "poker body" might look and feel like?
2. Why does Lee call Western boxing over-daring?
3. Why is a winning attitude important in Jeet Kune Do?
4. What benefit does Lee say a fighter has in taking a low-line position?
5. Choose one of the types of speed that Lee outlines. Why do you think this type of speed is desirable for the Jeet Kune Do artist?
6. Do fighters in Jeet Kune Do need to be the same height and weight?
7. What does Lee mean when he says, "The strike should be felt before it is seen?"
8. Lee says that a proper spiritual attitude is maintained. What might happen if a fighter does not maintain their spiritual attitude?
9. Why does Lee instruct that a lead hook be used carefully?
10. Why does Lee say body feel important to develop in kicking?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)