|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The straight rear thrust to body is a _____ used as a counter or after a preliminary feint.
(a) Power blow.
2. Muscle _____ on both sides of a _____ change in movement.
3. Lee states that _____ requires the mind be not for or against.
4. In what year was Jeet Kune Do published?
5. According to Bruce Lee's teachings, what expression opens thought, feeling, and will to the world of nature?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lee suggest reveals nothing about the next move and keeps a body in the most favorable state?
2. What term does Lee use to describe evidence of poor readiness?
3. According to Lee, what is achieved by practice to form neural pathways?
4. What does Lee consider to be the psychological and physiological conditioning of an individual?
5. What does Lee suggest every muscle in the body benefits from before vigorous activity?
Short Essay Questions
1. How might exercises that imitate moves used in the event be beneficial, as Lee claims?
2. What do you imagine a "poker body" might look and feel like?
3. Why does Lee instruct that a lead hook be used carefully?
4. When is reaction time longer?
5. Why does Lee say body feel important to develop in kicking?
6. Name one of Lee's timing exercises that a fighter can practice.
7. Do fighters in Jeet Kune Do need to be the same height and weight?
8. What does Lee mean when he says, "The strike should be felt before it is seen?"
9. What makes Jeet Kune Do a simple martial art?
10. Why do different types of activities require different warm ups?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)