Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lee suggests that speed and _____ from many angles should be used in stop-hit training.
(b) Punches and kicks.
(d) Counter attacks.
2. What can create evasiveness, devastating attacks, speed, natural dynamics, deception, stickiness, and complete ease to succeed?
(b) A foundation.
(c) A fitness plan.
(d) The winning attitude.
3. What does Lee claim should be felt before it is seen?
(a) The strike.
(b) The side kick.
(c) The finger jab.
(d) The head butt.
4. Over the long history of martial arts, most systems promote forms and techniques that simulate _____ and can be practiced like a _____.
(d) Tests/Rough draft.
5. What is the fragment of time within a cadence that is most suitable for effective action?
Short Answer Questions
1. What position does Lee consider to be the most favorable and underlies all recommended techniques and skills?
2. How does Lee suggest a series of punches end?
3. What does Lee call a group of routines, ideas, and traditions that defeat freedom?
4. What does Lee use as a strategy that causes an opponent to attack in tempo with the intent to execute a subsequent attack?
5. What does Lee suggest reveals nothing about the next move and keeps a body in the most favorable state?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does rolling minimize the fighter's punch?
2. Do fighters in Jeet Kune Do need to be the same height and weight?
3. How does Lee believe that self-worth is acquired?
4. Why might Lee recommend imagining simple moves to counter an attacking opponent?
5. What might happen if a fighter parries too early?
6. What is the benefit of determining cadence?
7. What happened in Bruce Lee's life that inspired the writing of "The Tao of Jeet Kune Do?"
8. Why does Lee say body feel important to develop in kicking?
9. What do you imagine a "poker body" might look and feel like?
10. What does Lee mean when he refers to most people as "instruments of others?"
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)