|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lee suggest every muscle in the body benefits from before vigorous activity?
(a) Brisk walking.
(c) Warming up.
(d) Climbing stairs.
2. Lee states that _____ is filled with life, power, and love of all beings.
(b) Realization of the void.
(c) The Tao of Jeet Kune Do.
(d) Martial arts.
3. Lee says the uppercut is used in close-quarters but it is useless with fast _____ that stand upright and jab.
4. According to Lee, what is achieved by practice to form neural pathways?
5. What state of mind should a student have while in combat?
Short Answer Questions
1. What can create evasiveness, devastating attacks, speed, natural dynamics, deception, stickiness, and complete ease to succeed?
2. What does Lee say enables one to assume adaptability to any style?
3. What does Lee say is one of the most important skills of any proficiency in athletics?
4. What example of moving and not moving does Lee use?
5. How many steps does Lee give for throwing one's opponent to the ground?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the author believe Jeet Kune Do is an art?
2. Lee says that a proper spiritual attitude is maintained. What might happen if a fighter does not maintain their spiritual attitude?
3. A moon seen under the waves is proposed as an example of moving and not moving. What would be another example of moving and not moving?
4. What does Lee mean when he says, "The strike should be felt before it is seen?"
5. How is reaction time measured?
6. When is reaction time longer?
7. Why is a winning attitude important in Jeet Kune Do?
8. What happened in Bruce Lee's life that inspired the writing of "The Tao of Jeet Kune Do?"
9. Who helped Lee in the writing and publication of his book?
10. What are some qualities of a Jeet Kune Do fighter?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)