|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lee says the hook should start and end in the position, without _____.
(a) Making a sound.
(b) Making eye contact.
2. How many basic methods are used in attack?
3. Who is the main author of the book?
(a) Jeet Kune Do.
(b) Gilbert Johnson.
(c) Bruce Lee.
(d) Linda Lee.
4. Lee instructs that no-contact stopping of attacks inches in front of the target creates a false sense of _____.
5. Which move does Lee say is effective as a counterblow, like a loose, snappy punch?
(a) The hook.
(b) The body slam.
(c) The jab.
(d) The rear cross.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lee recommend to counter an attacking opponent?
2. What does Lee say should use actual range and evasive tactics both for reliability?
3. In Lee's view, what results from three thousand years of conditioning and propaganda?
4. Lee teaches that quick hitting with leverage and timing regardless of _____ and _____ is the secret of powerful hitting.
5. Lee teaches that the ripening of an individual with his being is not possible without ______.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lee see as the purpose of his book?
2. What makes Jeet Kune Do a simple martial art?
3. How does Lee describe muscle tension working like a brake?
4. Why do Lee and the editor devote so much detail to the on-guard position and proper posture?
5. Who helped Lee in the writing and publication of his book?
6. Why does Lee suggest a wooden doll has no ego?
7. Why does Lee call Western boxing over-daring?
8. How might exercises that imitate moves used in the event be beneficial, as Lee claims?
9. Do fighters in Jeet Kune Do need to be the same height and weight?
10. Why do different types of activities require different warm ups?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)