|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lee believe one must eliminate to rise above the limits of karma or destiny?
(a) False ideas of physical strength.
(b) False ideas of a separate self.
(c) False ideas of the ego.
(d) False ideas of a higher power.
2. Lee suggests that speed and _____ from many angles should be used in stop-hit training.
(a) Punches and kicks.
(c) Counter attacks.
3. According to Lee, what is comprised of leads, false moves, and counterpunches supported by mobility and pressure?
(b) The first session of grappling.
(c) A counterblow.
(d) A good offense.
4. Lee feels that concentration and vigilance must be _____ to attack with the right timing.
5. What does Lee believe is a primary need of the on-guard position?
(a) Firm foundation.
(b) Squaring off the shoulders.
(c) Proper posture.
(d) Setting the tone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lee call a group of routines, ideas, and traditions that defeat freedom?
2. Which hook is delivered while circling left?
3. What is an ability to recognize or provoke the right moment to act?
4. What moves a joint by becoming longer or shorter in order to cause motion that may be slow or fast?
5. What does Lee say should use actual range and evasive tactics both for reliability?
Short Essay Questions
1. Lee says that a proper spiritual attitude is maintained. What might happen if a fighter does not maintain their spiritual attitude?
2. What do you imagine a "poker body" might look and feel like?
3. Why does Lee suggest a wooden doll has no ego?
4. What makes Jeet Kune Do a simple martial art?
5. Choose one of the types of speed that Lee outlines. Why do you think this type of speed is desirable for the Jeet Kune Do artist?
6. What benefit does Lee say a fighter has in taking a low-line position?
7. What are some qualities of a Jeet Kune Do fighter?
8. Why does Lee mention tools of judo and ju-jitsu in Chapter 4?
9. Why might Lee recommend imagining simple moves to counter an attacking opponent?
10. A moon seen under the waves is proposed as an example of moving and not moving. What would be another example of moving and not moving?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)