|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Perceptual, mental, initiation and performance are types of _____.
2. What does Lee suggest every muscle in the body benefits from before vigorous activity?
(a) Climbing stairs.
(b) Warming up.
(c) Brisk walking.
3. Muscle _____ on both sides of a _____ change in movement.
4. What does Lee say should use actual range and evasive tactics both for reliability?
(a) Western boxing.
(b) Realistic total fighting.
(c) A straight rear thrust.
(d) A lead jab.
5. What concept of enlightenment is used in martial arts?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lee suggest a series of punches end?
2. What does Lee believe one must eliminate to rise above the limits of karma or destiny?
3. Lee suggests that speed and _____ from many angles should be used in stop-hit training.
4. What does Bruce Lee call over-daring because it forbids illegal and unfair tactics?
5. What does Lee suggest reveals nothing about the next move and keeps a body in the most favorable state?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lee call Western boxing over-daring?
2. Why might Lee recommend imagining simple moves to counter an attacking opponent?
3. Why is a winning attitude important in Jeet Kune Do?
4. How does Lee describe muscle tension working like a brake?
5. Name one of Lee's timing exercises that a fighter can practice.
6. Why are the weapons of Jeet Kune Do parts of the body, rather than actual objects?
7. What benefit does Lee say a fighter has in taking a low-line position?
8. A moon seen under the waves is proposed as an example of moving and not moving. What would be another example of moving and not moving?
9. Why do different types of activities require different warm ups?
10. Why does Lee suggest a wooden doll has no ego?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)