|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lee states that _____ is filled with life, power, and love of all beings.
(a) Martial arts.
(c) The Tao of Jeet Kune Do.
(d) Realization of the void.
2. According to Lee, what is achieved by practice to form neural pathways?
3. What position does Lee prefer, because it is an area of weakness for most people?
(b) A low-line position
(c) A thrust.
(d) On-guard position.
4. Which move does Lee say is effective as a counterblow, like a loose, snappy punch?
(a) The body slam.
(b) The jab.
(c) The hook.
(d) The rear cross.
5. According to Bruce Lee's teachings, what expression opens thought, feeling, and will to the world of nature?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lee say enables one to assume adaptability to any style?
2. Lee says the greatest benefit is gained by exercises that _____ moves used in the_____.
3. What state of mind should a student have while in combat?
4. Lee states that a skillful athlete is characterized by his ease of _____ regardless of effort.
5. Lee recommends a direct or indirect stop-hit to stop the opponent from ______ his attack.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some qualities of a Jeet Kune Do fighter?
2. Why does Lee instruct that a lead hook be used carefully?
3. Do fighters in Jeet Kune Do need to be the same height and weight?
4. What does Lee mean when he says, "The strike should be felt before it is seen?"
5. How might exercises that imitate moves used in the event be beneficial, as Lee claims?
6. Why are the weapons of Jeet Kune Do parts of the body, rather than actual objects?
7. What does Lee see as the purpose of his book?
8. Why does the author believe Jeet Kune Do is an art?
9. Why does Lee call Western boxing over-daring?
10. Why might Lee recommend imagining simple moves to counter an attacking opponent?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)