|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lee say are small, phasic, or bent-knee?
2. How many steps does Lee give for throwing one's opponent to the ground?
3. Lee says that a Jeet Kune Do fighter confronts ______, not a ______ of form.
4. What is the fragment of time within a cadence that is most suitable for effective action?
5. What supplies energy for muscular contractions?
(b) Physiological conditioning.
(c) Biochemical reactions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lee says the hook should start and end in the position, without _____.
2. What can create evasiveness, devastating attacks, speed, natural dynamics, deception, stickiness, and complete ease to succeed?
3. What religious tradition does Bruce Lee draw on as a path to enlightenment?
4. What does Lee describe as the specific rhythm of two fighters executing a series of movements?
5. Lee explains that a dancer requires different warm up exercise _____ and _____ from an older martial arts fighter.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do different types of activities require different warm ups?
2. Name one of Lee's timing exercises that a fighter can practice.
3. Why does the author believe Jeet Kune Do is an art?
4. What is the benefit of determining cadence?
5. A moon seen under the waves is proposed as an example of moving and not moving. What would be another example of moving and not moving?
6. Who helped Lee in the writing and publication of his book?
7. What benefit does Lee say a fighter has in taking a low-line position?
8. What happened in Bruce Lee's life that inspired the writing of "The Tao of Jeet Kune Do?"
9. When is reaction time longer?
10. Why do Lee and the editor devote so much detail to the on-guard position and proper posture?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)