|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What increases energy cost to cause early fatigue?
(b) Opposing tension.
(c) Sudden movements.
(d) Lack of focus.
2. What term does Lee use to describe evidence of poor readiness?
(a) Brain freeze.
(b) Slow poke.
(d) Knuckle sandwich.
3. What may be used to anticipate and intercept the final line of attack if an opponent is making an attack?
(a) A block.
(b) Reaction time.
(c) A stop-hit.
(d) Psychic energy.
4. What does Lee recommend to counter an attacking opponent?
(a) Figuring out the opponent's thoughts.
(b) Feeling loose.
(c) Imagining simple moves.
(d) Aligning the proper posture.
5. Lee says the greatest benefit is gained by exercises that _____ moves used in the_____.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of hook does Lee suggest for in-fighting when coming away on the break?
2. What type of posture does Lee say should always be maintained?
3. Lee teaches that the ripening of an individual with his being is not possible without ______.
4. What object does Lee recommend using to practice accuracy with?
5. How does Lee suggest a series of punches end?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who helped Lee in the writing and publication of his book?
2. What are some qualities of a Jeet Kune Do fighter?
3. Why might Lee recommend imagining simple moves to counter an attacking opponent?
4. How does Lee describe muscle tension working like a brake?
5. Do fighters in Jeet Kune Do need to be the same height and weight?
6. Name one of Lee's timing exercises that a fighter can practice.
7. Why does the author believe Jeet Kune Do is an art?
8. What benefit does Lee say a fighter has in taking a low-line position?
9. Why is a winning attitude important in Jeet Kune Do?
10. How might exercises that imitate moves used in the event be beneficial, as Lee claims?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)