|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author suggests that the lack of _____ lets things disclose themselves.
(d) Will power.
2. Lee instructs that no-contact stopping of attacks inches in front of the target creates a false sense of _____.
3. In what year was Jeet Kune Do published?
4. What type of adjustment is acquired by practicing new tasks?
5. What does the author recommend that includes alternate splits, running in place, high kicks, and deep knee bends?
(a) Circuit training.
(d) An eleven step fitness program.
6. What concept of enlightenment is used in martial arts?
7. What object does Lee describe that has no ego, thoughts, or grasp?
(a) A television.
(b) A wooden doll.
(c) A paper cup.
(d) A silk scarf.
8. What does Lee say occurs while warming up that reduces viscosity and resistance of muscle to its own movement?
(a) Emotional changes.
(b) Spiritual changes.
(c) Physiological changes.
(d) Physical changes.
9. Perceptual, mental, initiation and performance are types of _____.
10. A fighter's ability to _____, Lee says, creates openings for _____.
(a) Be free of thoughts/Enlightenment.
11. What does Lee describe as dangerous in attack or defense?
(a) An elongated guard.
(c) Hair pulling.
(d) A high hook.
12. What does Lee say there is no need for in Buddhism?
13. Lee says the greatest benefit is gained by exercises that _____ moves used in the_____.
14. Lee teaches that _____ allows one to remain coiled in a loose but compact position.
(c) The posture.
(d) The crouch.
15. What response must the opponent be in, according to Lee, in order for the fighter to break the rhythm to catch the opponent off-balance?
Short Answer Questions
1. Lee suggests that speed and _____ from many angles should be used in stop-hit training.
2. What does Lee claim is the greatest hindrance to proper physical action?
3. How many basic methods are used in attack?
4. What does Lee say is the result of training the nervous system to form effective connections or synapses?
5. What does Lee say is minimized with vigorous activity in warming up by rehearsing skills and raising body temperature?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)