|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lee believe is the foundation of Jeet Kune Do?
(a) Martial arts.
(d) Bruce Lee.
2. What does the author recommend that includes alternate splits, running in place, high kicks, and deep knee bends?
(a) An eleven step fitness program.
(c) Circuit training.
3. Lee states that _____ requires the mind be not for or against.
4. Lee states that a skillful athlete is characterized by his ease of _____ regardless of effort.
5. Lee says the uppercut is used in close-quarters but it is useless with fast _____ that stand upright and jab.
6. The straight rear thrust to body is a _____ used as a counter or after a preliminary feint.
(d) Power blow.
7. What object does Lee describe that has no ego, thoughts, or grasp?
(a) A television.
(b) A paper cup.
(c) A silk scarf.
(d) A wooden doll.
8. What supplies energy for muscular contractions?
(b) Physiological conditioning.
(c) Biochemical reactions.
9. According to Bruce Lee's teachings, what expression opens thought, feeling, and will to the world of nature?
10. What does Lee say is one of the most important skills of any proficiency in athletics?
11. How many steps does Lee give for throwing one's opponent to the ground?
12. What increases energy cost to cause early fatigue?
(b) Lack of focus.
(c) Opposing tension.
(d) Sudden movements.
13. What does Lee describe as the specific rhythm of two fighters executing a series of movements?
(d) Body feel.
14. What does Lee say is minimized with vigorous activity in warming up by rehearsing skills and raising body temperature?
15. What state of mind should a student have while training?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lee claim should be felt before it is seen?
2. What does Lee recommend to develop balance?
3. What is an ability to recognize or provoke the right moment to act?
4. What does Lee say occurs while warming up that reduces viscosity and resistance of muscle to its own movement?
5. What does Lee refer to as the offensive and defensive weapon, which is the backbone of punching in Jeet Kune Do?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)