|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lee say is one of the most important skills of any proficiency in athletics?
2. What does Lee call a group of routines, ideas, and traditions that defeat freedom?
(a) The daily grind.
(b) Warming up.
(d) Classical styles.
3. What supplies energy for muscular contractions?
(c) Physiological conditioning.
(d) Biochemical reactions.
4. A fighter's ability to _____, Lee says, creates openings for _____.
(a) Be free of thoughts/Enlightenment.
5. What can the fighter use to cause his opponent to try to slow down to insure the success of a strike?
6. Lee suggests that speed and _____ from many angles should be used in stop-hit training.
(b) Counter attacks.
(c) Punches and kicks.
7. Lee feels that concentration and vigilance must be _____ to attack with the right timing.
8. Lee states that a skillful athlete is characterized by his ease of _____ regardless of effort.
9. What does increased tissue elasticity reduce?
(b) The risk of injury.
(c) The fight or flight response.
(d) Muscle growth.
10. What does the author compare to the time a fencer takes to perform one simple fencing action?
(a) Fencing time.
(b) Practice time.
(c) Puzzle time.
(d) Movement time.
11. Which hook is delivered while circling left?
(a) Left foot sweep.
(b) Right corkscrew.
12. Lee states that _____ requires the mind be not for or against.
13. What moves a joint by becoming longer or shorter in order to cause motion that may be slow or fast?
14. What does Bruce Lee call over-daring because it forbids illegal and unfair tactics?
(a) Western boxing.
(b) Jeet Kune Do.
(d) Indian wrestling.
15. Muscle _____ on both sides of a _____ change in movement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which move does Lee say is effective as a counterblow, like a loose, snappy punch?
2. According to Bruce Lee's teachings, what expression opens thought, feeling, and will to the world of nature?
3. Lee says the hook should start and end in the position, without _____.
4. What does Lee suggest every muscle in the body benefits from before vigorous activity?
5. What example of moving and not moving does Lee use?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)