Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lee suggests that speed and _____ from many angles should be used in stop-hit training.
(b) Punches and kicks.
(d) Counter attacks.
2. What can create evasiveness, devastating attacks, speed, natural dynamics, deception, stickiness, and complete ease to succeed?
(b) A foundation.
(c) A fitness plan.
(d) The winning attitude.
3. What does Lee claim should be felt before it is seen?
(a) The strike.
(b) The side kick.
(c) The finger jab.
(d) The head butt.
4. Over the long history of martial arts, most systems promote forms and techniques that simulate _____ and can be practiced like a _____.
(d) Tests/Rough draft.
5. What is the fragment of time within a cadence that is most suitable for effective action?
6. What position does Lee consider to be the most favorable and underlies all recommended techniques and skills?
(a) Low-line position.
(b) On-guard position.
(c) Poker body.
(d) Extended lead.
7. How does Lee suggest a series of punches end?
(a) With a foul tactic.
(b) With a straight rear thrust.
(c) In ready position.
(d) With the lead hand.
8. What does Lee call a group of routines, ideas, and traditions that defeat freedom?
(b) Warming up.
(c) Classical styles.
(d) The daily grind.
9. What does Lee use as a strategy that causes an opponent to attack in tempo with the intent to execute a subsequent attack?
10. What does Lee suggest reveals nothing about the next move and keeps a body in the most favorable state?
(a) Focused eyes.
(b) On-guard position.
(c) Emptying the mind.
(d) A "poker body."
11. How many steps does Lee give for throwing one's opponent to the ground?
12. Lee says that a Jeet Kune Do fighter confronts ______, not a ______ of form.
13. What example of moving and not moving does Lee use?
(a) A person driving in a car.
(b) A moon seen under the waves.
(c) A tree blowing in the wind.
(d) A jack-in-the-box toy.
14. Lee states that the on-guard position enables _____ and favorable _____ at the same time.
(d) Relaxation/Muscle tone.
15. Lee believes that when one understands the _____, the _____ are understood as well.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lee believe is the foundation of Jeet Kune Do?
2. What can the fighter use to cause his opponent to try to slow down to insure the success of a strike?
3. What does Lee consider to be the psychological and physiological conditioning of an individual?
4. Lee recommends a direct or indirect stop-hit to stop the opponent from ______ his attack.
5. What term does Lee use to describe evidence of poor readiness?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)