|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which move does Lee say is effective as a counterblow, like a loose, snappy punch?
(a) The hook.
(b) The jab.
(c) The body slam.
(d) The rear cross.
2. What does Lee use as a strategy that causes an opponent to attack in tempo with the intent to execute a subsequent attack?
3. What can create evasiveness, devastating attacks, speed, natural dynamics, deception, stickiness, and complete ease to succeed?
(a) A fitness plan.
(b) The winning attitude.
(d) A foundation.
4. Lee states that _____ is filled with life, power, and love of all beings.
(a) The Tao of Jeet Kune Do.
(c) Martial arts.
(d) Realization of the void.
5. What state of mind should a student have while training?
6. How does Lee suggest a series of punches end?
(a) With a foul tactic.
(b) In ready position.
(c) With a straight rear thrust.
(d) With the lead hand.
7. What supplies energy for muscular contractions?
(c) Biochemical reactions.
(d) Physiological conditioning.
8. What does Lee suggest reveals nothing about the next move and keeps a body in the most favorable state?
(a) Focused eyes.
(b) Emptying the mind.
(c) On-guard position.
(d) A "poker body."
9. Lee states that _____ requires the mind be not for or against.
10. According to Lee, what is achieved by practice to form neural pathways?
11. What does Lee say enables one to assume adaptability to any style?
(d) An inner strength.
12. What does Lee say is minimized with vigorous activity in warming up by rehearsing skills and raising body temperature?
13. What does Lee say there is no need for in Buddhism?
14. What is the fragment of time within a cadence that is most suitable for effective action?
15. What does Lee claim should be felt before it is seen?
(a) The finger jab.
(b) The strike.
(c) The head butt.
(d) The side kick.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lee says that the main goal of Jeet Kune Do is kicking, hitting, and _____.
2. What does Lee describe as the specific rhythm of two fighters executing a series of movements?
3. What does the author compare to the time a fencer takes to perform one simple fencing action?
4. According to Lee, what is comprised of leads, false moves, and counterpunches supported by mobility and pressure?
5. How many basic methods are used in attack?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)