|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lee consider to be the psychological and physiological conditioning of an individual?
2. Lee teaches that quick hitting with leverage and timing regardless of _____ and _____ is the secret of powerful hitting.
3. Lee instructs that no-contact stopping of attacks inches in front of the target creates a false sense of _____.
4. The success of Jeet Kune Do, Lee says, lies in its freedom to use or dispense with _____.
5. What does Lee refer to as the offensive and defensive weapon, which is the backbone of punching in Jeet Kune Do?
(a) The hook.
(b) The leading straight punch.
(c) The jab.
(d) The choke hold.
6. What can the fighter use to cause his opponent to try to slow down to insure the success of a strike?
7. Perceptual, mental, initiation and performance are types of _____.
8. Muscle _____ on both sides of a _____ change in movement.
9. What can create evasiveness, devastating attacks, speed, natural dynamics, deception, stickiness, and complete ease to succeed?
(a) A foundation.
(b) The winning attitude.
(c) A fitness plan.
10. What does Lee say is required to prepare the athlete for strenuous physical performance?
(a) Climbing stairs.
(b) Studying the opponent.
(c) Warming up.
(d) Setting a goal.
11. What does Lee say is one of the most important skills of any proficiency in athletics?
12. What does Lee recommend to develop balance?
(a) Balancing on a beam.
(b) Standing on one foot.
(c) Warming up.
(d) Kicking and punching.
13. What does Lee believe is the foundation of Jeet Kune Do?
(a) Bruce Lee.
(b) Martial arts.
14. The straight rear thrust to body is a _____ used as a counter or after a preliminary feint.
(d) Power blow.
15. Lee says the uppercut is used in close-quarters but it is useless with fast _____ that stand upright and jab.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lee feels that concentration and vigilance must be _____ to attack with the right timing.
2. In Lee's view, what results from three thousand years of conditioning and propaganda?
3. What increases energy cost to cause early fatigue?
4. What position does Lee consider to be the most favorable and underlies all recommended techniques and skills?
5. What type of posture does Lee say should always be maintained?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)