|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which hook is delivered while circling left?
(c) Left foot sweep.
(d) Right corkscrew.
2. What can the fighter use to cause his opponent to try to slow down to insure the success of a strike?
3. What may be used to anticipate and intercept the final line of attack if an opponent is making an attack?
(a) A block.
(b) Reaction time.
(c) Psychic energy.
(d) A stop-hit.
4. In what year was Jeet Kune Do published?
5. What example of moving and not moving does Lee use?
(a) A moon seen under the waves.
(b) A tree blowing in the wind.
(c) A person driving in a car.
(d) A jack-in-the-box toy.
6. What does Lee say enables one to assume adaptability to any style?
(b) An inner strength.
7. What does Lee say are small, phasic, or bent-knee?
8. What does Lee believe is the foundation of Jeet Kune Do?
(b) Martial arts.
(d) Bruce Lee.
9. What does Lee say is required to prepare the athlete for strenuous physical performance?
(a) Studying the opponent.
(b) Climbing stairs.
(c) Warming up.
(d) Setting a goal.
10. Who is the main author of the book?
(a) Gilbert Johnson.
(b) Linda Lee.
(c) Bruce Lee.
(d) Jeet Kune Do.
11. How many steps does Lee give for throwing one's opponent to the ground?
12. Lee says the hook should start and end in the position, without _____.
(a) Making a sound.
(b) Making eye contact.
13. What type of hook does Lee suggest for in-fighting when coming away on the break?
14. What is the fragment of time within a cadence that is most suitable for effective action?
15. What response must the opponent be in, according to Lee, in order for the fighter to break the rhythm to catch the opponent off-balance?
Short Answer Questions
1. What object does Lee describe that has no ego, thoughts, or grasp?
2. What does Lee consider to be the psychological and physiological conditioning of an individual?
3. Lee states that _____ requires the mind be not for or against.
4. The author suggests that the lack of _____ lets things disclose themselves.
5. Lee says the greatest benefit is gained by exercises that _____ moves used in the_____.
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)