|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lee say is one of the most important skills of any proficiency in athletics?
2. Who is the main author of the book?
(a) Jeet Kune Do.
(b) Linda Lee.
(c) Gilbert Johnson.
(d) Bruce Lee.
3. Lee says that a Jeet Kune Do fighter confronts ______, not a ______ of form.
4. What state of mind should a student have while in combat?
5. Lee recommends a direct or indirect stop-hit to stop the opponent from ______ his attack.
6. What does Lee claim is the greatest hindrance to proper physical action?
7. A fighter's ability to _____, Lee says, creates openings for _____.
(c) Be free of thoughts/Enlightenment.
8. What term does Lee use to describe evidence of poor readiness?
(a) Knuckle sandwich.
(b) Slow poke.
(d) Brain freeze.
9. Over the long history of martial arts, most systems promote forms and techniques that simulate _____ and can be practiced like a _____.
(b) Tests/Rough draft.
10. What does Bruce Lee call over-daring because it forbids illegal and unfair tactics?
(a) Indian wrestling.
(b) Jeet Kune Do.
(c) Western boxing.
11. What type of posture does Lee say should always be maintained?
(a) A rounded back.
(b) A slight lean forward.
(c) A different one for each position.
(d) A straight line or axis.
12. What does Lee say are small, phasic, or bent-knee?
13. What does Lee call a group of routines, ideas, and traditions that defeat freedom?
(b) Classical styles.
(c) The daily grind.
(d) Warming up.
14. Lee says the uppercut is used in close-quarters but it is useless with fast _____ that stand upright and jab.
15. What can create evasiveness, devastating attacks, speed, natural dynamics, deception, stickiness, and complete ease to succeed?
(a) A foundation.
(b) The winning attitude.
(c) A fitness plan.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was Jeet Kune Do published?
2. According to Lee, what is comprised of leads, false moves, and counterpunches supported by mobility and pressure?
3. Lee believes that when one understands the _____, the _____ are understood as well.
4. What state of mind should a student have while training?
5. What type of hook does Lee suggest for in-fighting when coming away on the break?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)