|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object does Lee describe that has no ego, thoughts, or grasp?
(a) A silk scarf.
(b) A paper cup.
(c) A wooden doll.
(d) A television.
2. According to Bruce Lee's teachings, what expression opens thought, feeling, and will to the world of nature?
3. What does Lee believe one must eliminate to rise above the limits of karma or destiny?
(a) False ideas of the ego.
(b) False ideas of physical strength.
(c) False ideas of a separate self.
(d) False ideas of a higher power.
4. What moves a joint by becoming longer or shorter in order to cause motion that may be slow or fast?
5. What does Lee say is required to prepare the athlete for strenuous physical performance?
(a) Setting a goal.
(b) Studying the opponent.
(c) Climbing stairs.
(d) Warming up.
6. What position does Lee consider to be the most favorable and underlies all recommended techniques and skills?
(a) On-guard position.
(b) Poker body.
(c) Extended lead.
(d) Low-line position.
7. What does Lee recommend to counter an attacking opponent?
(a) Feeling loose.
(b) Figuring out the opponent's thoughts.
(c) Imagining simple moves.
(d) Aligning the proper posture.
8. What state of mind should a student have while training?
9. What does Lee suggest every muscle in the body benefits from before vigorous activity?
(a) Brisk walking.
(b) Climbing stairs.
(d) Warming up.
10. Lee states that _____ is filled with life, power, and love of all beings.
(b) Martial arts.
(c) Realization of the void.
(d) The Tao of Jeet Kune Do.
11. What does the author recommend that includes alternate splits, running in place, high kicks, and deep knee bends?
(a) Circuit training.
(c) An eleven step fitness program.
12. Perceptual, mental, initiation and performance are types of _____.
13. What type of adjustment is acquired by practicing new tasks?
14. The success of Jeet Kune Do, Lee says, lies in its freedom to use or dispense with _____.
15. What does Lee say is the result of training the nervous system to form effective connections or synapses?
(c) Muscle memory.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lee states that the on-guard position enables _____ and favorable _____ at the same time.
2. How does Lee suggest a series of punches end?
3. What example of moving and not moving does Lee use?
4. The author suggests that the lack of _____ lets things disclose themselves.
5. What does Lee use as a strategy that causes an opponent to attack in tempo with the intent to execute a subsequent attack?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)