|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Lee, what is comprised of leads, false moves, and counterpunches supported by mobility and pressure?
(a) A good offense.
(b) The first session of grappling.
(d) A counterblow.
2. Lee recommends a direct or indirect stop-hit to stop the opponent from ______ his attack.
3. What does Lee say are small, phasic, or bent-knee?
4. Lee says the greatest benefit is gained by exercises that _____ moves used in the_____.
5. What may be used to anticipate and intercept the final line of attack if an opponent is making an attack?
(a) Reaction time.
(b) A block.
(c) A stop-hit.
(d) Psychic energy.
6. Which move does Lee say is effective as a counterblow, like a loose, snappy punch?
(a) The jab.
(b) The hook.
(c) The body slam.
(d) The rear cross.
7. What moves a joint by becoming longer or shorter in order to cause motion that may be slow or fast?
8. Lee instructs that no-contact stopping of attacks inches in front of the target creates a false sense of _____.
9. What type of adjustment is acquired by practicing new tasks?
10. Lee states that _____ requires the mind be not for or against.
11. The success of Jeet Kune Do, Lee says, lies in its freedom to use or dispense with _____.
12. What term does Lee use to describe evidence of poor readiness?
(b) Knuckle sandwich.
(c) Brain freeze.
(d) Slow poke.
13. What religious tradition does Bruce Lee draw on as a path to enlightenment?
(a) All religions.
14. What can create evasiveness, devastating attacks, speed, natural dynamics, deception, stickiness, and complete ease to succeed?
(b) A fitness plan.
(c) A foundation.
(d) The winning attitude.
15. How many steps does Lee give for throwing one's opponent to the ground?
Short Answer Questions
1. Lee believes that when one understands the _____, the _____ are understood as well.
2. What does Lee describe as the specific rhythm of two fighters executing a series of movements?
3. What does Lee suggest every muscle in the body benefits from before vigorous activity?
4. Lee states that a skillful athlete is characterized by his ease of _____ regardless of effort.
5. What type of hook does Lee suggest for in-fighting when coming away on the break?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)