|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The success of Jeet Kune Do, Lee says, lies in its freedom to use or dispense with _____.
2. What moves a joint by becoming longer or shorter in order to cause motion that may be slow or fast?
3. Over the long history of martial arts, most systems promote forms and techniques that simulate _____ and can be practiced like a _____.
(b) Tests/Rough draft.
4. What does Lee say there is no need for in Buddhism?
5. What may be used to anticipate and intercept the final line of attack if an opponent is making an attack?
(a) Reaction time.
(b) Psychic energy.
(c) A stop-hit.
(d) A block.
6. What is an ability to recognize or provoke the right moment to act?
7. What does the author recommend that includes alternate splits, running in place, high kicks, and deep knee bends?
(b) Circuit training.
(c) An eleven step fitness program.
8. What does Lee recommend to develop balance?
(a) Standing on one foot.
(b) Balancing on a beam.
(c) Kicking and punching.
(d) Warming up.
9. What state of mind should a student have while training?
10. What term does Lee use to describe evidence of poor readiness?
(a) Slow poke.
(b) Brain freeze.
(c) Knuckle sandwich.
11. What increases energy cost to cause early fatigue?
(a) Opposing tension.
(b) Lack of focus.
(d) Sudden movements.
12. According to Lee, what is achieved by practice to form neural pathways?
13. What religious tradition does Bruce Lee draw on as a path to enlightenment?
(a) All religions.
14. What object does Lee describe that has no ego, thoughts, or grasp?
(a) A paper cup.
(b) A television.
(c) A silk scarf.
(d) A wooden doll.
15. Lee explains that a dancer requires different warm up exercise _____ and _____ from an older martial arts fighter.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was Jeet Kune Do published?
2. What does Lee say occurs while warming up that reduces viscosity and resistance of muscle to its own movement?
3. Lee says the greatest benefit is gained by exercises that _____ moves used in the_____.
4. Lee recommends a direct or indirect stop-hit to stop the opponent from ______ his attack.
5. Lee teaches that _____ allows one to remain coiled in a loose but compact position.
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)