|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What example of moving and not moving does Lee use?
(a) A jack-in-the-box toy.
(b) A moon seen under the waves.
(c) A person driving in a car.
(d) A tree blowing in the wind.
2. What does Lee say is the result of training the nervous system to form effective connections or synapses?
(b) Muscle memory.
3. What does Lee say should use actual range and evasive tactics both for reliability?
(a) Western boxing.
(b) A straight rear thrust.
(c) A lead jab.
(d) Realistic total fighting.
4. In Lee's view, what results from three thousand years of conditioning and propaganda?
(a) An Olympian.
(b) A successful athlete.
(c) A Jeet Kune Do master.
(d) A classic martial artist.
5. A fighter's ability to _____, Lee says, creates openings for _____.
(c) Be free of thoughts/Enlightenment.
6. Lee instructs that no-contact stopping of attacks inches in front of the target creates a false sense of _____.
7. What supplies energy for muscular contractions?
(c) Biochemical reactions.
(d) Physiological conditioning.
8. What does the author compare to the time a fencer takes to perform one simple fencing action?
(a) Practice time.
(b) Puzzle time.
(c) Fencing time.
(d) Movement time.
9. What does Lee say is one of the most important skills of any proficiency in athletics?
10. When the opponent's hand or leg is within reach, the fighter can gain _____ of it for subsequent attack.
11. What position does Lee prefer, because it is an area of weakness for most people?
(a) A thrust.
(c) On-guard position.
(d) A low-line position
12. What term does Lee use to describe evidence of poor readiness?
(a) Knuckle sandwich.
(b) Slow poke.
(c) Brain freeze.
13. According to Bruce Lee's teachings, what expression opens thought, feeling, and will to the world of nature?
14. What may be used to anticipate and intercept the final line of attack if an opponent is making an attack?
(a) A block.
(b) A stop-hit.
(c) Reaction time.
(d) Psychic energy.
15. Lee teaches that quick hitting with leverage and timing regardless of _____ and _____ is the secret of powerful hitting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does increased tissue elasticity reduce?
2. How many steps does Lee give for throwing one's opponent to the ground?
3. Why is Bruce Lee confined to his bed?
4. What does Lee refer to as the offensive and defensive weapon, which is the backbone of punching in Jeet Kune Do?
5. How many basic methods are used in attack?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)