|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lee consider to be the psychological and physiological conditioning of an individual?
2. What concept of enlightenment is used in martial arts?
3. What is an ability to recognize or provoke the right moment to act?
4. What may be used to anticipate and intercept the final line of attack if an opponent is making an attack?
(a) Psychic energy.
(b) A block.
(c) A stop-hit.
(d) Reaction time.
5. Lee explains that a dancer requires different warm up exercise _____ and _____ from an older martial arts fighter.
6. What does Lee call a group of routines, ideas, and traditions that defeat freedom?
(a) Warming up.
(b) Classical styles.
(d) The daily grind.
7. What can create evasiveness, devastating attacks, speed, natural dynamics, deception, stickiness, and complete ease to succeed?
(a) A fitness plan.
(b) A foundation.
(d) The winning attitude.
8. Lee instructs that no-contact stopping of attacks inches in front of the target creates a false sense of _____.
9. What does Lee recommend to counter an attacking opponent?
(a) Figuring out the opponent's thoughts.
(b) Feeling loose.
(c) Aligning the proper posture.
(d) Imagining simple moves.
10. Lee says that a Jeet Kune Do fighter confronts ______, not a ______ of form.
11. According to Bruce Lee's teachings, what expression opens thought, feeling, and will to the world of nature?
12. Which move does Lee say is effective as a counterblow, like a loose, snappy punch?
(a) The hook.
(b) The rear cross.
(c) The body slam.
(d) The jab.
13. The author suggests that the lack of _____ lets things disclose themselves.
(a) Will power.
14. What type of posture does Lee say should always be maintained?
(a) A different one for each position.
(b) A rounded back.
(c) A straight line or axis.
(d) A slight lean forward.
15. Lee suggests that speed and _____ from many angles should be used in stop-hit training.
(a) Counter attacks.
(d) Punches and kicks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object does Lee describe that has no ego, thoughts, or grasp?
2. What does Lee say enables one to assume adaptability to any style?
3. What does Lee suggest every muscle in the body benefits from before vigorous activity?
4. What does Lee describe as dangerous in attack or defense?
5. Lee says the greatest benefit is gained by exercises that _____ moves used in the_____.
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)