|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lee teaches that quick hitting with leverage and timing regardless of _____ and _____ is the secret of powerful hitting.
2. What object does Lee describe that has no ego, thoughts, or grasp?
(a) A wooden doll.
(b) A television.
(c) A paper cup.
(d) A silk scarf.
3. Lee says the greatest benefit is gained by exercises that _____ moves used in the_____.
4. Lee believes that when one understands the _____, the _____ are understood as well.
5. What does Lee suggest every muscle in the body benefits from before vigorous activity?
(a) Warming up.
(b) Climbing stairs.
(d) Brisk walking.
6. What does Lee claim should be felt before it is seen?
(a) The strike.
(b) The head butt.
(c) The finger jab.
(d) The side kick.
7. Lee explains that a dancer requires different warm up exercise _____ and _____ from an older martial arts fighter.
8. What does the author recommend that includes alternate splits, running in place, high kicks, and deep knee bends?
(a) An eleven step fitness program.
(d) Circuit training.
9. What does Lee say is required to prepare the athlete for strenuous physical performance?
(a) Climbing stairs.
(b) Studying the opponent.
(c) Warming up.
(d) Setting a goal.
10. Why is Bruce Lee confined to his bed?
(a) He breaks his legs.
(b) He has recently lost his sight.
(c) He is recovering from a coma.
(d) He suffers from a back injury.
11. What does Lee teach consists of hand to hand contact measures that enable one opponent to do combat with another?
(d) Body thrusts.
12. Lee feels that concentration and vigilance must be _____ to attack with the right timing.
13. What is an ability to recognize or provoke the right moment to act?
14. What may be used to anticipate and intercept the final line of attack if an opponent is making an attack?
(a) Psychic energy.
(b) A stop-hit.
(c) A block.
(d) Reaction time.
15. Lee recommends a direct or indirect stop-hit to stop the opponent from ______ his attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What example of moving and not moving does Lee use?
2. According to Bruce Lee's teachings, what expression opens thought, feeling, and will to the world of nature?
3. What does Lee believe is the foundation of Jeet Kune Do?
4. What moves a joint by becoming longer or shorter in order to cause motion that may be slow or fast?
5. What does Lee describe as dangerous in attack or defense?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)