|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Lee, what is achieved by practice to form neural pathways?
2. What does Lee claim a master boxer attacks by?
3. The author suggests that the lack of _____ lets things disclose themselves.
(c) Will power.
4. Lee says the uppercut is used in close-quarters but it is useless with fast _____ that stand upright and jab.
5. What may be used to anticipate and intercept the final line of attack if an opponent is making an attack?
(a) A block.
(b) Psychic energy.
(c) Reaction time.
(d) A stop-hit.
6. What is the fragment of time within a cadence that is most suitable for effective action?
7. What type of hook does Lee suggest for in-fighting when coming away on the break?
8. Perceptual, mental, initiation and performance are types of _____.
9. Which hook is delivered while circling left?
(b) Right corkscrew.
(c) Left foot sweep.
10. What does increased tissue elasticity reduce?
(a) Muscle growth.
(b) The fight or flight response.
(c) The risk of injury.
11. Who is the main author of the book?
(a) Linda Lee.
(b) Bruce Lee.
(c) Gilbert Johnson.
(d) Jeet Kune Do.
12. What does Lee consider to be the psychological and physiological conditioning of an individual?
13. How many basic methods are used in attack?
14. What does Lee suggest reveals nothing about the next move and keeps a body in the most favorable state?
(a) On-guard position.
(b) A "poker body."
(c) Emptying the mind.
(d) Focused eyes.
15. What type of adjustment is acquired by practicing new tasks?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many steps does Lee give for throwing one's opponent to the ground?
2. What does Lee believe is the foundation of Jeet Kune Do?
3. Which move does Lee say is effective as a counterblow, like a loose, snappy punch?
4. What supplies energy for muscular contractions?
5. What does Lee call a group of routines, ideas, and traditions that defeat freedom?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)