|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lee recommends a direct or indirect stop-hit to stop the opponent from ______ his attack.
2. What does Lee say are small, phasic, or bent-knee?
3. Who is the main author of the book?
(a) Bruce Lee.
(b) Gilbert Johnson.
(c) Jeet Kune Do.
(d) Linda Lee.
4. What does Lee describe as dangerous in attack or defense?
(b) A high hook.
(c) Hair pulling.
(d) An elongated guard.
5. A fighter's ability to _____, Lee says, creates openings for _____.
(c) Be free of thoughts/Enlightenment.
6. What does Lee claim a master boxer attacks by?
7. Lee states that _____ requires the mind be not for or against.
8. What response must the opponent be in, according to Lee, in order for the fighter to break the rhythm to catch the opponent off-balance?
9. What is the fragment of time within a cadence that is most suitable for effective action?
10. What state of mind should a student have while in combat?
11. Lee teaches that the ripening of an individual with his being is not possible without ______.
(a) Six weeks of training.
(b) Letting go of a need to win.
(c) Self-exploration in free expression.
(d) Understanding the history of martial arts.
12. Lee feels that concentration and vigilance must be _____ to attack with the right timing.
13. How many steps does Lee give for throwing one's opponent to the ground?
14. What religious tradition does Bruce Lee draw on as a path to enlightenment?
(a) All religions.
15. What does Lee suggest every muscle in the body benefits from before vigorous activity?
(a) Climbing stairs.
(b) Warming up.
(d) Brisk walking.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lee explains that a dancer requires different warm up exercise _____ and _____ from an older martial arts fighter.
2. What position does Lee prefer, because it is an area of weakness for most people?
3. Lee states that _____ is filled with life, power, and love of all beings.
4. In Lee's view, what results from three thousand years of conditioning and propaganda?
5. What does Lee recommend to counter an attacking opponent?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)