|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lee call a group of routines, ideas, and traditions that defeat freedom?
(a) Classical styles.
(c) Warming up.
(d) The daily grind.
2. What does the author recommend that includes alternate splits, running in place, high kicks, and deep knee bends?
(c) An eleven step fitness program.
(d) Circuit training.
3. How many basic methods are used in attack?
4. What position does Lee consider to be the most favorable and underlies all recommended techniques and skills?
(a) Extended lead.
(b) Low-line position.
(c) On-guard position.
(d) Poker body.
5. A fighter's ability to _____, Lee says, creates openings for _____.
(c) Be free of thoughts/Enlightenment.
6. What does Lee say is the result of training the nervous system to form effective connections or synapses?
(d) Muscle memory.
7. Lee explains that a dancer requires different warm up exercise _____ and _____ from an older martial arts fighter.
8. Lee states that _____ requires the mind be not for or against.
9. What does Bruce Lee call over-daring because it forbids illegal and unfair tactics?
(a) Indian wrestling.
(c) Western boxing.
(d) Jeet Kune Do.
10. What does Lee claim is the greatest hindrance to proper physical action?
11. According to Bruce Lee's teachings, what expression opens thought, feeling, and will to the world of nature?
12. What type of adjustment is acquired by practicing new tasks?
13. According to Lee, what is comprised of leads, false moves, and counterpunches supported by mobility and pressure?
(b) The first session of grappling.
(c) A counterblow.
(d) A good offense.
14. What does the author compare to the time a fencer takes to perform one simple fencing action?
(a) Practice time.
(b) Movement time.
(c) Fencing time.
(d) Puzzle time.
15. What does Lee claim should be felt before it is seen?
(a) The finger jab.
(b) The head butt.
(c) The strike.
(d) The side kick.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lee states that the on-guard position enables _____ and favorable _____ at the same time.
2. What does Lee describe as the specific rhythm of two fighters executing a series of movements?
3. What object does Lee recommend using to practice accuracy with?
4. Lee teaches that quick hitting with leverage and timing regardless of _____ and _____ is the secret of powerful hitting.
5. What does Lee recommend to counter an attacking opponent?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)