|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lee suggests that speed and _____ from many angles should be used in stop-hit training.
(a) Punches and kicks.
(d) Counter attacks.
2. The straight rear thrust to body is a _____ used as a counter or after a preliminary feint.
(d) Power blow.
3. Lee says the hook should start and end in the position, without _____.
(b) Making eye contact.
(d) Making a sound.
4. What supplies energy for muscular contractions?
(b) Biochemical reactions.
(d) Physiological conditioning.
5. What does Lee say is required to prepare the athlete for strenuous physical performance?
(a) Climbing stairs.
(b) Studying the opponent.
(c) Setting a goal.
(d) Warming up.
6. What does Lee use as a strategy that causes an opponent to attack in tempo with the intent to execute a subsequent attack?
7. Lee believes that when one understands the _____, the _____ are understood as well.
8. A fighter's ability to _____, Lee says, creates openings for _____.
(a) Be free of thoughts/Enlightenment.
9. What state of mind should a student have while in combat?
10. Lee states that _____ requires the mind be not for or against.
11. What does Lee believe one must eliminate to rise above the limits of karma or destiny?
(a) False ideas of a separate self.
(b) False ideas of the ego.
(c) False ideas of physical strength.
(d) False ideas of a higher power.
12. Which hook is delivered while circling left?
(c) Right corkscrew.
(d) Left foot sweep.
13. What does Lee say occurs while warming up that reduces viscosity and resistance of muscle to its own movement?
(a) Spiritual changes.
(b) Physiological changes.
(c) Emotional changes.
(d) Physical changes.
14. Lee states that the on-guard position enables _____ and favorable _____ at the same time.
(a) Relaxation/Muscle tone.
15. The author suggests that the lack of _____ lets things disclose themselves.
(b) Will power.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lee recommend to counter an attacking opponent?
2. According to Bruce Lee's teachings, what expression opens thought, feeling, and will to the world of nature?
3. What object does Lee recommend using to practice accuracy with?
4. What does Lee believe is the foundation of Jeet Kune Do?
5. How many steps does Lee give for throwing one's opponent to the ground?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)