|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Over the long history of martial arts, most systems promote forms and techniques that simulate _____ and can be practiced like a _____.
(a) Tests/Rough draft.
2. What does Lee teach consists of hand to hand contact measures that enable one opponent to do combat with another?
(b) Body thrusts.
3. What moves a joint by becoming longer or shorter in order to cause motion that may be slow or fast?
4. What does Lee say occurs while warming up that reduces viscosity and resistance of muscle to its own movement?
(a) Emotional changes.
(b) Physiological changes.
(c) Physical changes.
(d) Spiritual changes.
5. What object does Lee recommend using to practice accuracy with?
(a) A tennis racket.
(b) A small hanging ball.
(c) A pair of scissors.
(d) A needle and thread.
6. Muscle _____ on both sides of a _____ change in movement.
7. What position does Lee prefer, because it is an area of weakness for most people?
(a) A thrust.
(c) A low-line position
(d) On-guard position.
8. Lee explains that a dancer requires different warm up exercise _____ and _____ from an older martial arts fighter.
9. What does increased tissue elasticity reduce?
(b) The risk of injury.
(c) Muscle growth.
(d) The fight or flight response.
10. The success of Jeet Kune Do, Lee says, lies in its freedom to use or dispense with _____.
11. What response must the opponent be in, according to Lee, in order for the fighter to break the rhythm to catch the opponent off-balance?
12. What type of adjustment is acquired by practicing new tasks?
13. Perceptual, mental, initiation and performance are types of _____.
14. Lee believes that when one understands the _____, the _____ are understood as well.
15. What is the fragment of time within a cadence that is most suitable for effective action?
Short Answer Questions
1. What may be used to anticipate and intercept the final line of attack if an opponent is making an attack?
2. Lee teaches that the ripening of an individual with his being is not possible without ______.
3. What does Lee recommend to develop balance?
4. Lee teaches that quick hitting with leverage and timing regardless of _____ and _____ is the secret of powerful hitting.
5. What does Lee believe is a primary need of the on-guard position?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)