|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What moves a joint by becoming longer or shorter in order to cause motion that may be slow or fast?
2. What position does Lee consider to be the most favorable and underlies all recommended techniques and skills?
(a) Poker body.
(b) On-guard position.
(c) Low-line position.
(d) Extended lead.
3. What does increased tissue elasticity reduce?
(b) The risk of injury.
(c) The fight or flight response.
(d) Muscle growth.
4. Muscle _____ on both sides of a _____ change in movement.
5. What does Lee consider to be the psychological and physiological conditioning of an individual?
6. What does Bruce Lee call over-daring because it forbids illegal and unfair tactics?
(a) Jeet Kune Do.
(b) Indian wrestling.
(c) Western boxing.
7. How many steps does Lee give for throwing one's opponent to the ground?
8. Which move does Lee say is effective as a counterblow, like a loose, snappy punch?
(a) The rear cross.
(b) The jab.
(c) The hook.
(d) The body slam.
9. A fighter's ability to _____, Lee says, creates openings for _____.
(a) Be free of thoughts/Enlightenment.
10. What example of moving and not moving does Lee use?
(a) A person driving in a car.
(b) A tree blowing in the wind.
(c) A jack-in-the-box toy.
(d) A moon seen under the waves.
11. Which hook is delivered while circling left?
(a) Right corkscrew.
(c) Left foot sweep.
12. What does Lee say there is no need for in Buddhism?
13. What does Lee call a group of routines, ideas, and traditions that defeat freedom?
(a) Classical styles.
(b) Warming up.
(c) The daily grind.
14. Lee teaches that _____ allows one to remain coiled in a loose but compact position.
(a) The crouch.
(c) The posture.
15. What can the fighter use to cause his opponent to try to slow down to insure the success of a strike?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lee say enables one to assume adaptability to any style?
2. Perceptual, mental, initiation and performance are types of _____.
3. What does the author recommend that includes alternate splits, running in place, high kicks, and deep knee bends?
4. What does Lee say is the result of training the nervous system to form effective connections or synapses?
5. What state of mind should a student have while in combat?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)