|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The straight rear thrust to body is a _____ used as a counter or after a preliminary feint.
(a) Power blow.
2. What does Lee teach consists of hand to hand contact measures that enable one opponent to do combat with another?
(a) Body thrusts.
3. Lee states that a skillful athlete is characterized by his ease of _____ regardless of effort.
4. According to Lee, what is comprised of leads, false moves, and counterpunches supported by mobility and pressure?
(a) A good offense.
(c) The first session of grappling.
(d) A counterblow.
5. Lee suggests that speed and _____ from many angles should be used in stop-hit training.
(a) Counter attacks.
(c) Punches and kicks.
6. Lee recommends a direct or indirect stop-hit to stop the opponent from ______ his attack.
7. In Lee's view, what results from three thousand years of conditioning and propaganda?
(a) An Olympian.
(b) A successful athlete.
(c) A classic martial artist.
(d) A Jeet Kune Do master.
8. Lee teaches that quick hitting with leverage and timing regardless of _____ and _____ is the secret of powerful hitting.
9. What does Lee say is one of the most important skills of any proficiency in athletics?
10. What supplies energy for muscular contractions?
(a) Physiological conditioning.
(b) Biochemical reactions.
11. According to Lee, what is achieved by practice to form neural pathways?
12. What does Lee consider to be the psychological and physiological conditioning of an individual?
13. Lee explains that a dancer requires different warm up exercise _____ and _____ from an older martial arts fighter.
14. What example of moving and not moving does Lee use?
(a) A tree blowing in the wind.
(b) A person driving in a car.
(c) A jack-in-the-box toy.
(d) A moon seen under the waves.
15. Which hook is delivered while circling left?
(b) Right corkscrew.
(c) Left foot sweep.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lee believes that when one understands the _____, the _____ are understood as well.
2. Lee teaches that _____ allows one to remain coiled in a loose but compact position.
3. Lee says that a Jeet Kune Do fighter confronts ______, not a ______ of form.
4. What does Lee claim a master boxer attacks by?
5. What object does Lee recommend using to practice accuracy with?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)