|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lee say is required to prepare the athlete for strenuous physical performance?
(a) Warming up.
(b) Studying the opponent.
(c) Climbing stairs.
(d) Setting a goal.
2. What does Lee claim is the greatest hindrance to proper physical action?
3. What type of posture does Lee say should always be maintained?
(a) A rounded back.
(b) A straight line or axis.
(c) A different one for each position.
(d) A slight lean forward.
4. When the opponent's hand or leg is within reach, the fighter can gain _____ of it for subsequent attack.
5. How many basic methods are used in attack?
6. Lee says the hook should start and end in the position, without _____.
(b) Making eye contact.
(c) Making a sound.
7. In what year was Jeet Kune Do published?
8. Lee teaches that _____ allows one to remain coiled in a loose but compact position.
(a) The posture.
(c) The crouch.
9. What does Lee use as a strategy that causes an opponent to attack in tempo with the intent to execute a subsequent attack?
10. What does Lee recommend to counter an attacking opponent?
(a) Imagining simple moves.
(b) Feeling loose.
(c) Aligning the proper posture.
(d) Figuring out the opponent's thoughts.
11. What supplies energy for muscular contractions?
(b) Biochemical reactions.
(c) Physiological conditioning.
12. How many steps does Lee give for throwing one's opponent to the ground?
13. Who is the main author of the book?
(a) Jeet Kune Do.
(b) Gilbert Johnson.
(c) Linda Lee.
(d) Bruce Lee.
14. What does Lee suggest reveals nothing about the next move and keeps a body in the most favorable state?
(a) A "poker body."
(b) Focused eyes.
(c) Emptying the mind.
(d) On-guard position.
15. What does Lee teach consists of hand to hand contact measures that enable one opponent to do combat with another?
(c) Body thrusts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lee believe is the foundation of Jeet Kune Do?
2. What does Bruce Lee call over-daring because it forbids illegal and unfair tactics?
3. Perceptual, mental, initiation and performance are types of _____.
4. What does the author recommend that includes alternate splits, running in place, high kicks, and deep knee bends?
5. What does Lee say occurs while warming up that reduces viscosity and resistance of muscle to its own movement?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)