|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lee teach consists of hand to hand contact measures that enable one opponent to do combat with another?
(c) Body thrusts.
2. Lee teaches that the ripening of an individual with his being is not possible without ______.
(a) Self-exploration in free expression.
(b) Letting go of a need to win.
(c) Understanding the history of martial arts.
(d) Six weeks of training.
3. What does Lee consider to be the psychological and physiological conditioning of an individual?
4. What object does Lee describe that has no ego, thoughts, or grasp?
(a) A wooden doll.
(b) A paper cup.
(c) A silk scarf.
(d) A television.
5. Who is the main author of the book?
(a) Jeet Kune Do.
(b) Bruce Lee.
(c) Gilbert Johnson.
(d) Linda Lee.
6. What does Lee believe one must eliminate to rise above the limits of karma or destiny?
(a) False ideas of a higher power.
(b) False ideas of the ego.
(c) False ideas of physical strength.
(d) False ideas of a separate self.
7. What does Lee believe is the foundation of Jeet Kune Do?
(a) Bruce Lee.
(c) Martial arts.
8. Over the long history of martial arts, most systems promote forms and techniques that simulate _____ and can be practiced like a _____.
(a) Tests/Rough draft.
9. What does Lee describe as the specific rhythm of two fighters executing a series of movements?
(c) Body feel.
10. What does Lee say enables one to assume adaptability to any style?
(d) An inner strength.
11. What does Lee say is required to prepare the athlete for strenuous physical performance?
(a) Setting a goal.
(b) Studying the opponent.
(c) Warming up.
(d) Climbing stairs.
12. Perceptual, mental, initiation and performance are types of _____.
13. What state of mind should a student have while in combat?
14. What does Lee say is the result of training the nervous system to form effective connections or synapses?
(c) Muscle memory.
15. How many steps does Lee give for throwing one's opponent to the ground?
Short Answer Questions
1. Lee recommends a direct or indirect stop-hit to stop the opponent from ______ his attack.
2. Lee states that _____ is filled with life, power, and love of all beings.
3. What does Lee recommend to counter an attacking opponent?
4. What position does Lee prefer, because it is an area of weakness for most people?
5. Lee feels that concentration and vigilance must be _____ to attack with the right timing.
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)