|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The straight rear thrust to body is a _____ used as a counter or after a preliminary feint.
(b) Power blow.
2. What does Lee describe as the specific rhythm of two fighters executing a series of movements?
(d) Body feel.
3. What does Lee consider to be the psychological and physiological conditioning of an individual?
4. Why is Bruce Lee confined to his bed?
(a) He has recently lost his sight.
(b) He suffers from a back injury.
(c) He is recovering from a coma.
(d) He breaks his legs.
5. What type of posture does Lee say should always be maintained?
(a) A rounded back.
(b) A slight lean forward.
(c) A straight line or axis.
(d) A different one for each position.
6. Which move does Lee say is effective as a counterblow, like a loose, snappy punch?
(a) The body slam.
(b) The hook.
(c) The rear cross.
(d) The jab.
7. Lee says that a Jeet Kune Do fighter confronts ______, not a ______ of form.
8. According to Lee, what is comprised of leads, false moves, and counterpunches supported by mobility and pressure?
(a) A counterblow.
(b) The first session of grappling.
(c) A good offense.
9. What does Lee say is one of the most important skills of any proficiency in athletics?
10. In Lee's view, what results from three thousand years of conditioning and propaganda?
(a) An Olympian.
(b) A Jeet Kune Do master.
(c) A successful athlete.
(d) A classic martial artist.
11. What object does Lee describe that has no ego, thoughts, or grasp?
(a) A wooden doll.
(b) A television.
(c) A paper cup.
(d) A silk scarf.
12. How does Lee suggest a series of punches end?
(a) With the lead hand.
(b) With a straight rear thrust.
(c) With a foul tactic.
(d) In ready position.
13. What does Lee call a group of routines, ideas, and traditions that defeat freedom?
(a) Classical styles.
(b) The daily grind.
(c) Warming up.
14. According to Lee, what is achieved by practice to form neural pathways?
15. The success of Jeet Kune Do, Lee says, lies in its freedom to use or dispense with _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can the fighter use to cause his opponent to try to slow down to insure the success of a strike?
2. What type of adjustment is acquired by practicing new tasks?
3. According to Bruce Lee's teachings, what expression opens thought, feeling, and will to the world of nature?
4. Lee teaches that the ripening of an individual with his being is not possible without ______.
5. What does Lee say should use actual range and evasive tactics both for reliability?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)