|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through It's Just A Name.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What parts of the body does Lee refer to in his instructions for slipping?
(a) Shoulders and head.
(d) Hands and feet.
2. In Lee's view, what results from three thousand years of conditioning and propaganda?
(a) A successful athlete.
(b) A classic martial artist.
(c) An Olympian.
(d) A Jeet Kune Do master.
3. What does Lee recommend to counter an attacking opponent?
(a) Aligning the proper posture.
(b) Imagining simple moves.
(c) Feeling loose.
(d) Figuring out the opponent's thoughts.
4. The _____ in the high line of engagement starts under the opponent's hand, and in the low line starts over the opponent's hand.
(a) Compound parry.
(b) Semicircular parry.
(c) Simple parry.
(d) Circular parry.
5. Lee explains that a dancer requires different warm up exercise _____ and _____ from an older martial arts fighter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lee teach is the purpose of a feint?
2. What supplies energy for muscular contractions?
3. Even the desire to _____, Lee says, is an attachment.
4. Who does Lee say that counterattacking is safer for?
5. Why is Bruce Lee confined to his bed?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)