|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through It's Just A Name.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lee believe is a primary need of the on-guard position?
(a) Squaring off the shoulders.
(b) Setting the tone.
(c) Firm foundation.
(d) Proper posture.
2. How does Lee distinguish the parry from a block?
(a) He says the parry is a faster version of a block.
(b) He says the deflecting motion of the parry uses no force and causes the blow to slide off.
(c) He says the parry requires more coordination and the block relies on the reflexes.
(d) He says the block using no force but the parry does.
3. What does Lee believe one must eliminate to rise above the limits of karma or destiny?
(a) False ideas of a higher power.
(b) False ideas of physical strength.
(c) False ideas of the ego.
(d) False ideas of a separate self.
4. Lee says that the tools of Jeet Kune Do are at the center of an undefined circle whose circumference allows _____.
(a) Continuous expansion outward.
(b) A series of circles to become one.
(c) One to spiral out of control.
(d) One to find peace within.
5. Lee recommends a direct or indirect stop-hit to stop the opponent from ______ his attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lee say enables one to assume adaptability to any style?
2. What does Lee say a mind loses if it stops?
3. Lee says the greatest benefit is gained by exercises that _____ moves used in the_____.
4. What state of mind should a student have while training?
5. What parts of the body does Lee refer to in his instructions for slipping?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)