|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mobility.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lee distinguish the parry from a block?
(a) He says the deflecting motion of the parry uses no force and causes the blow to slide off.
(b) He says the parry requires more coordination and the block relies on the reflexes.
(c) He says the parry is a faster version of a block.
(d) He says the block using no force but the parry does.
2. What move does Lee say can be used to open the line by force or to feint before an attack?
(a) The parry.
(c) A compound attack.
(d) The beat.
3. Lee says that the main goal of Jeet Kune Do is kicking, hitting, and _____.
(b) Applying bodily force.
4. What does Lee say changes continuously with the speed, agility, and control of fighters?
5. What moves a joint by becoming longer or shorter in order to cause motion that may be slow or fast?
Short Answer Questions
1. What response must the opponent be in, according to Lee, in order for the fighter to break the rhythm to catch the opponent off-balance?
2. What can the fighter use to cause his opponent to try to slow down to insure the success of a strike?
3. Lee believes that footwork during fighting is preferable to _____.
4. Who is the main author of the book?
5. What does Lee claim a master boxer attacks by?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)