|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Qualities.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lee say is required to prepare the athlete for strenuous physical performance?
(a) Climbing stairs.
(b) Warming up.
(c) Setting a goal.
(d) Studying the opponent.
2. What state of mind should a student have while training?
3. What is an ability to recognize or provoke the right moment to act?
4. Lee feels that concentration and vigilance must be _____ to attack with the right timing.
5. What does Lee suggest reveals nothing about the next move and keeps a body in the most favorable state?
(a) Focused eyes.
(b) Emptying the mind.
(c) On-guard position.
(d) A "poker body."
Short Answer Questions
1. What moves a joint by becoming longer or shorter in order to cause motion that may be slow or fast?
2. What does Lee describe as dangerous in attack or defense?
3. Over the long history of martial arts, most systems promote forms and techniques that simulate _____ and can be practiced like a _____.
4. Lee states that _____ requires the mind be not for or against.
5. What does the author recommend that includes alternate splits, running in place, high kicks, and deep knee bends?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)