|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preliminaries.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lee explains that a dancer requires different warm up exercise _____ and _____ from an older martial arts fighter.
2. In Lee's view, what results from three thousand years of conditioning and propaganda?
(a) A classic martial artist.
(b) A Jeet Kune Do master.
(c) An Olympian.
(d) A successful athlete.
3. Lee says that a Jeet Kune Do fighter confronts ______, not a ______ of form.
4. What does increased tissue elasticity reduce?
(a) Muscle growth.
(b) The fight or flight response.
(d) The risk of injury.
5. What does Lee suggest reveals nothing about the next move and keeps a body in the most favorable state?
(a) A "poker body."
(b) Emptying the mind.
(c) On-guard position.
(d) Focused eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lee says the greatest benefit is gained by exercises that _____ moves used in the_____.
2. What does Lee say is required to prepare the athlete for strenuous physical performance?
3. What concept of enlightenment is used in martial arts?
4. What does Lee describe as dangerous in attack or defense?
5. Why is Bruce Lee confined to his bed?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)