|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preliminaries.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lee believe is a primary need of the on-guard position?
(a) Setting the tone.
(b) Firm foundation.
(c) Proper posture.
(d) Squaring off the shoulders.
2. What does Lee claim should be felt before it is seen?
(a) The side kick.
(b) The finger jab.
(c) The strike.
(d) The head butt.
3. What does Lee call a group of routines, ideas, and traditions that defeat freedom?
(a) Warming up.
(b) The daily grind.
(c) Classical styles.
4. Why is Bruce Lee confined to his bed?
(a) He suffers from a back injury.
(b) He breaks his legs.
(c) He has recently lost his sight.
(d) He is recovering from a coma.
5. What does Lee recommend to counter an attacking opponent?
(a) Imagining simple moves.
(b) Figuring out the opponent's thoughts.
(c) Aligning the proper posture.
(d) Feeling loose.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lee say are small, phasic, or bent-knee?
2. Over the long history of martial arts, most systems promote forms and techniques that simulate _____ and can be practiced like a _____.
3. Lee states that the on-guard position enables _____ and favorable _____ at the same time.
4. What does Lee consider to be the psychological and physiological conditioning of an individual?
5. The author suggests that the lack of _____ lets things disclose themselves.
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)