|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preliminaries.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What state of mind should a student have while in combat?
2. What does Lee call a group of routines, ideas, and traditions that defeat freedom?
(b) Classical styles.
(c) Warming up.
(d) The daily grind.
3. What does Lee believe is the foundation of Jeet Kune Do?
(c) Bruce Lee.
(d) Martial arts.
4. What example of moving and not moving does Lee use?
(a) A person driving in a car.
(b) A jack-in-the-box toy.
(c) A moon seen under the waves.
(d) A tree blowing in the wind.
5. What does Lee recommend to counter an attacking opponent?
(a) Imagining simple moves.
(b) Figuring out the opponent's thoughts.
(c) Feeling loose.
(d) Aligning the proper posture.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lee teaches that the ripening of an individual with his being is not possible without ______.
2. Lee states that _____ requires the mind be not for or against.
3. Lee explains that a dancer requires different warm up exercise _____ and _____ from an older martial arts fighter.
4. What position does Lee consider to be the most favorable and underlies all recommended techniques and skills?
5. The author suggests that the lack of _____ lets things disclose themselves.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)