|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preliminaries.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lee say is minimized with vigorous activity in warming up by rehearsing skills and raising body temperature?
2. What concept of enlightenment is used in martial arts?
3. Lee teaches that _____ allows one to remain coiled in a loose but compact position.
(a) The posture.
(b) The crouch.
4. The success of Jeet Kune Do, Lee says, lies in its freedom to use or dispense with _____.
5. What object does Lee describe that has no ego, thoughts, or grasp?
(a) A paper cup.
(b) A television.
(c) A silk scarf.
(d) A wooden doll.
Short Answer Questions
1. Over the long history of martial arts, most systems promote forms and techniques that simulate _____ and can be practiced like a _____.
2. Lee states that the on-guard position enables _____ and favorable _____ at the same time.
3. Lee says the greatest benefit is gained by exercises that _____ moves used in the_____.
4. What does Lee believe one must eliminate to rise above the limits of karma or destiny?
5. Lee states that _____ requires the mind be not for or against.
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)