|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preliminaries.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lee teaches that the ripening of an individual with his being is not possible without ______.
(a) Six weeks of training.
(b) Self-exploration in free expression.
(c) Understanding the history of martial arts.
(d) Letting go of a need to win.
2. According to Bruce Lee's teachings, what expression opens thought, feeling, and will to the world of nature?
3. Lee states that _____ is filled with life, power, and love of all beings.
(b) Realization of the void.
(c) Martial arts.
(d) The Tao of Jeet Kune Do.
4. What does Lee describe as dangerous in attack or defense?
(b) A high hook.
(c) An elongated guard.
(d) Hair pulling.
5. The author suggests that the lack of _____ lets things disclose themselves.
(a) Will power.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lee recommend to counter an attacking opponent?
2. What example of moving and not moving does Lee use?
3. What position does Lee prefer, because it is an area of weakness for most people?
4. What does Lee call a group of routines, ideas, and traditions that defeat freedom?
5. What religious tradition does Bruce Lee draw on as a path to enlightenment?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)