|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preliminaries.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lee suggest reveals nothing about the next move and keeps a body in the most favorable state?
(a) Emptying the mind.
(b) Focused eyes.
(c) A "poker body."
(d) On-guard position.
2. What concept of enlightenment is used in martial arts?
3. What does the author recommend that includes alternate splits, running in place, high kicks, and deep knee bends?
(a) Circuit training.
(d) An eleven step fitness program.
4. According to Bruce Lee's teachings, what expression opens thought, feeling, and will to the world of nature?
5. What object does Lee describe that has no ego, thoughts, or grasp?
(a) A silk scarf.
(b) A television.
(c) A wooden doll.
(d) A paper cup.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lee claim should be felt before it is seen?
2. What state of mind should a student have while in combat?
3. What does Lee believe is the foundation of Jeet Kune Do?
4. What does Lee claim is the greatest hindrance to proper physical action?
5. What position does Lee consider to be the most favorable and underlies all recommended techniques and skills?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)