|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preliminaries.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Bruce Lee confined to his bed?
(a) He is recovering from a coma.
(b) He has recently lost his sight.
(c) He suffers from a back injury.
(d) He breaks his legs.
2. Lee states that _____ is filled with life, power, and love of all beings.
(a) Martial arts.
(c) The Tao of Jeet Kune Do.
(d) Realization of the void.
3. What does Lee say is required to prepare the athlete for strenuous physical performance?
(a) Studying the opponent.
(b) Warming up.
(c) Climbing stairs.
(d) Setting a goal.
4. What does Lee recommend to counter an attacking opponent?
(a) Imagining simple moves.
(b) Aligning the proper posture.
(c) Feeling loose.
(d) Figuring out the opponent's thoughts.
5. According to Bruce Lee's teachings, what expression opens thought, feeling, and will to the world of nature?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author recommend that includes alternate splits, running in place, high kicks, and deep knee bends?
2. In what year was Jeet Kune Do published?
3. What object does Lee describe that has no ego, thoughts, or grasp?
4. What type of posture does Lee say should always be maintained?
5. What position does Lee consider to be the most favorable and underlies all recommended techniques and skills?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)