|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preliminaries.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lee explains that a dancer requires different warm up exercise _____ and _____ from an older martial arts fighter.
2. What does increased tissue elasticity reduce?
(a) The fight or flight response.
(b) The risk of injury.
(c) Muscle growth.
3. What object does Lee describe that has no ego, thoughts, or grasp?
(a) A wooden doll.
(b) A television.
(c) A paper cup.
(d) A silk scarf.
4. What does Lee say is minimized with vigorous activity in warming up by rehearsing skills and raising body temperature?
5. What does Lee say are small, phasic, or bent-knee?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lee say is required to prepare the athlete for strenuous physical performance?
2. Lee believes that when one understands the _____, the _____ are understood as well.
3. What does Lee recommend to counter an attacking opponent?
4. The author suggests that the lack of _____ lets things disclose themselves.
5. Over the long history of martial arts, most systems promote forms and techniques that simulate _____ and can be practiced like a _____.
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)