|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preliminaries.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author suggests that the lack of _____ lets things disclose themselves.
(d) Will power.
2. What object does Lee describe that has no ego, thoughts, or grasp?
(a) A wooden doll.
(b) A silk scarf.
(c) A paper cup.
(d) A television.
3. What does Lee suggest every muscle in the body benefits from before vigorous activity?
(a) Brisk walking.
(b) Climbing stairs.
(d) Warming up.
4. Lee explains that a dancer requires different warm up exercise _____ and _____ from an older martial arts fighter.
5. What supplies energy for muscular contractions?
(b) Physiological conditioning.
(c) Biochemical reactions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lee say occurs while warming up that reduces viscosity and resistance of muscle to its own movement?
2. What state of mind should a student have while in combat?
3. Lee teaches that the ripening of an individual with his being is not possible without ______.
4. Over the long history of martial arts, most systems promote forms and techniques that simulate _____ and can be practiced like a _____.
5. Lee teaches that _____ allows one to remain coiled in a loose but compact position.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)