|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preliminaries.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position does Lee consider to be the most favorable and underlies all recommended techniques and skills?
(a) On-guard position.
(b) Low-line position.
(c) Poker body.
(d) Extended lead.
2. Lee states that the on-guard position enables _____ and favorable _____ at the same time.
(a) Relaxation/Muscle tone.
3. Lee teaches that the ripening of an individual with his being is not possible without ______.
(a) Understanding the history of martial arts.
(b) Letting go of a need to win.
(c) Six weeks of training.
(d) Self-exploration in free expression.
4. Lee says the greatest benefit is gained by exercises that _____ moves used in the_____.
5. What does Lee say there is no need for in Buddhism?
Short Answer Questions
1. Lee explains that a dancer requires different warm up exercise _____ and _____ from an older martial arts fighter.
2. The author suggests that the lack of _____ lets things disclose themselves.
3. Lee teaches that _____ allows one to remain coiled in a loose but compact position.
4. What type of posture does Lee say should always be maintained?
5. Lee says that a Jeet Kune Do fighter confronts ______, not a ______ of form.
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)