|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preliminaries.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lee states that the on-guard position enables _____ and favorable _____ at the same time.
(a) Relaxation/Muscle tone.
2. The author suggests that the lack of _____ lets things disclose themselves.
(d) Will power.
3. What does Lee suggest reveals nothing about the next move and keeps a body in the most favorable state?
(a) Emptying the mind.
(b) On-guard position.
(c) A "poker body."
(d) Focused eyes.
4. What state of mind should a student have while in combat?
5. What does Lee call a group of routines, ideas, and traditions that defeat freedom?
(a) Warming up.
(b) Classical styles.
(c) The daily grind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lee suggest every muscle in the body benefits from before vigorous activity?
2. Lee believes that when one understands the _____, the _____ are understood as well.
3. What does Lee claim is the greatest hindrance to proper physical action?
4. What does the author recommend that includes alternate splits, running in place, high kicks, and deep knee bends?
5. What state of mind should a student have while training?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)