|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Qualities.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of posture does Lee say should always be maintained?
(a) A slight lean forward.
(b) A straight line or axis.
(c) A rounded back.
(d) A different one for each position.
2. Lee teaches that the ripening of an individual with his being is not possible without ______.
(a) Self-exploration in free expression.
(b) Understanding the history of martial arts.
(c) Letting go of a need to win.
(d) Six weeks of training.
3. What does Lee say is the result of training the nervous system to form effective connections or synapses?
(c) Muscle memory.
4. Lee states that _____ requires the mind be not for or against.
5. What state of mind should a student have while in combat?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lee use as a strategy that causes an opponent to attack in tempo with the intent to execute a subsequent attack?
2. What position does Lee consider to be the most favorable and underlies all recommended techniques and skills?
3. What does the author recommend that includes alternate splits, running in place, high kicks, and deep knee bends?
4. What does Lee say enables one to assume adaptability to any style?
5. What example of moving and not moving does Lee use?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)