|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Qualities.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position does Lee prefer, because it is an area of weakness for most people?
(a) A thrust.
(c) A low-line position
(d) On-guard position.
2. What does Lee say is the result of training the nervous system to form effective connections or synapses?
(b) Muscle memory.
3. Lee states that the on-guard position enables _____ and favorable _____ at the same time.
(d) Relaxation/Muscle tone.
4. What does the author compare to the time a fencer takes to perform one simple fencing action?
(a) Fencing time.
(b) Practice time.
(c) Movement time.
(d) Puzzle time.
5. Lee explains that a dancer requires different warm up exercise _____ and _____ from an older martial arts fighter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lee teaches that the ripening of an individual with his being is not possible without ______.
2. Lee states that a skillful athlete is characterized by his ease of _____ regardless of effort.
3. Lee states that _____ is filled with life, power, and love of all beings.
4. What response must the opponent be in, according to Lee, in order for the fighter to break the rhythm to catch the opponent off-balance?
5. Lee feels that concentration and vigilance must be _____ to attack with the right timing.
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)