|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Qualities.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What response must the opponent be in, according to Lee, in order for the fighter to break the rhythm to catch the opponent off-balance?
2. What does Lee claim should be felt before it is seen?
(a) The side kick.
(b) The head butt.
(c) The finger jab.
(d) The strike.
3. Lee teaches that the ripening of an individual with his being is not possible without ______.
(a) Letting go of a need to win.
(b) Understanding the history of martial arts.
(c) Self-exploration in free expression.
(d) Six weeks of training.
4. What does the author compare to the time a fencer takes to perform one simple fencing action?
(a) Fencing time.
(b) Puzzle time.
(c) Practice time.
(d) Movement time.
5. What supplies energy for muscular contractions?
(c) Physiological conditioning.
(d) Biochemical reactions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lee teaches that _____ allows one to remain coiled in a loose but compact position.
2. Who is the main author of the book?
3. What object does Lee describe that has no ego, thoughts, or grasp?
4. What does Lee say enables one to assume adaptability to any style?
5. What does Lee say is minimized with vigorous activity in warming up by rehearsing skills and raising body temperature?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)