|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preparations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lee teach is the purpose of a feint?
(a) To use enough motion to deflect a blow.
(b) To increase a fighter's arsenal.
(c) To reduce an opponent's coordination.
(d) To improve muscle function.
2. What moves a joint by becoming longer or shorter in order to cause motion that may be slow or fast?
3. What position does Lee consider to be the most favorable and underlies all recommended techniques and skills?
(a) Low-line position.
(b) Poker body.
(c) Extended lead.
(d) On-guard position.
4. What is the rhythm of the single feint?
5. What does Lee describe as the specific rhythm of two fighters executing a series of movements?
(c) Body feel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lee say there is no need for in Buddhism?
2. The success of Jeet Kune Do, Lee says, lies in its freedom to use or dispense with _____.
3. What response must the opponent be in, according to Lee, in order for the fighter to break the rhythm to catch the opponent off-balance?
4. What does Lee say is minimized with vigorous activity in warming up by rehearsing skills and raising body temperature?
5. When the opponent's hand or leg is within reach, the fighter can gain _____ of it for subsequent attack.
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)