|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preparations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lee recommend combining with a parry when fighting an opponent who is faster, taller, or has longer reach?
(a) The croise.
(b) The step back.
(c) The beat.
(d) The feint.
2. In what year was Jeet Kune Do published?
3. What type of hook does Lee suggest for in-fighting when coming away on the break?
4. What does Lee suggest reveals nothing about the next move and keeps a body in the most favorable state?
(a) Focused eyes.
(b) A "poker body."
(c) On-guard position.
(d) Emptying the mind.
5. Lee believes that when one understands the _____, the _____ are understood as well.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lee says the uppercut is used in close-quarters but it is useless with fast _____ that stand upright and jab.
2. What state of mind should a student have while training?
3. What move does Lee teach for forcing the opponent to move to avoid an apparent attack?
4. What does the author compare to the time a fencer takes to perform one simple fencing action?
5. Lee states that the on-guard position enables _____ and favorable _____ at the same time.
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)