|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preparations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lee describe as dangerous in attack or defense?
(b) An elongated guard.
(c) Hair pulling.
(d) A high hook.
2. How does Lee distinguish the parry from a block?
(a) He says the parry is a faster version of a block.
(b) He says the block using no force but the parry does.
(c) He says the deflecting motion of the parry uses no force and causes the blow to slide off.
(d) He says the parry requires more coordination and the block relies on the reflexes.
3. Lee believes that when one understands the _____, the _____ are understood as well.
4. What position does Lee prefer, because it is an area of weakness for most people?
(a) A thrust.
(b) A low-line position
(d) On-guard position.
5. What does Lee say there is no need for in Buddhism?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lee consider to be the psychological and physiological conditioning of an individual?
2. Which move takes an opponent's hand diagonally from high to low, or the reverse?
3. According to Lee, what is achieved by practice to form neural pathways?
4. What does Lee teach consists of hand to hand contact measures that enable one opponent to do combat with another?
5. What moves a joint by becoming longer or shorter in order to cause motion that may be slow or fast?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)