|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preparations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lee claim a master boxer attacks by?
2. According to Lee, what is comprised of leads, false moves, and counterpunches supported by mobility and pressure?
(a) A counterblow.
(b) A good offense.
(c) The first session of grappling.
3. What state of mind should a student have while in combat?
4. What does Lee refer to as the offensive and defensive weapon, which is the backbone of punching in Jeet Kune Do?
(a) The choke hold.
(b) The leading straight punch.
(c) The hook.
(d) The jab.
5. What does increased tissue elasticity reduce?
(a) Muscle growth.
(b) The fight or flight response.
(c) The risk of injury.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Lee, what is achieved by practice to form neural pathways?
2. Lee states that _____ requires the mind be not for or against.
3. What does the author compare to the time a fencer takes to perform one simple fencing action?
4. The two parts in a feint are a _____ thrust and a _____ evasive thrust.
5. According to Bruce Lee's teachings, what expression opens thought, feeling, and will to the world of nature?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)