|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Attack.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What attack occurs in the same line as the original action when the opponent retreats without a parry?
(a) The delayed.
(b) The renewed.
(c) The progressive indirect.
(d) The original.
2. What types of fighters does Lee describe as using techniques and tactics learned by repetition without considering the reason?
3. What is the fragment of time within a cadence that is most suitable for effective action?
4. What does Lee recommend combining with a parry when fighting an opponent who is faster, taller, or has longer reach?
(a) The croise.
(b) The feint.
(c) The step back.
(d) The beat.
5. What does Lee say is the result of training the nervous system to form effective connections or synapses?
(d) Muscle memory.
Short Answer Questions
1. The two parts in a feint are a _____ thrust and a _____ evasive thrust.
2. What response must the opponent be in, according to Lee, in order for the fighter to break the rhythm to catch the opponent off-balance?
3. What does the author compare to the time a fencer takes to perform one simple fencing action?
4. What does Lee say involves observing the opponent's habits, virtues, and faults?
5. What does Lee say requires preliminary analysis, preparation, and execution?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)