|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Victor tell Paul about team members?
(a) They did not want Paul as a friend.
(b) They laughed at Paul's behavior.
(c) They thought Paul lost the game for them.
(d) They are a team on or off the field.
2. What does Paul suggest to Joey?
(a) That Joey spend the night at Paul's house.
(b) That Joey transfer to Tangerine Middle School.
(c) That Joey ignore Erik and Arthur.
(d) That Joey play football like his brother.
3. What does Paul learn about the muck at the homeowners' meeting?
(a) They are setting it to fire to burn it off.
(b) It is completely out of control.
(c) They have sprayed it with water.
(d) They have decided to bury it under concrete.
4. What do Erik and Arthur do when they come upon Joey and Paul at Paul's house?
(a) Push Paul around.
(b) Make fun of Joey for his actions the day Mike died.
(c) Dump water on both of them.
(d) Tell the two boys they have to leave the living room.
5. What number does Paul have on his soccer jersey?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joey tell Paul he has done about school?
2. What does the news commentators say about Erik's attempted kick?
3. Why do Tino and his friends think they were caught about the carnival?
4. What do Victor, Tino and Hernando tell Paul when he meets them?
5. What does Paul's mother tell him when she picks him up on his first day of school at Tangerine?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the subdivision try to take care of the muck problem and what resulted from that effort?
2. What do Tino and Theresa say about a possible subject for the group project?
3. Where are the Fishers invited on November 5 and what does Paul learn there about Coach Bright?
4. What starts an argument between Tino and Victor at practice?
5. How does Theresa treat Paul at first and what does Paul learn from her about her brother?
6. What happens with Erik at the first football game with Lake Windsor?
7. How is Paul partly responsible for winning the game against Lake Windsor?
8. When and why do Arthur and Erik make fun of Joey?
9. What happens the first time Paul shows up for soccer practice?
10. What happens at half-time during the Tangerine-Lake Windsor soccer game?
This section contains 992 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)