|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paul do after the thunderstorm?
(a) Goes bike riding.
(b) Goes over to Joey's house.
(c) Goes to the store with his mother.
(d) Watches television.
2. From where is Paul Fisher's family moving to Florida?
(b) New York.
3. What does Paul's mother say about Paul not being able to play soccer?
(a) He can concentrate on his studies.
(b) Sports are only for the dumb kids anyway.
(c) He will find something else to do.
(d) She is sure his eyesight has improved.
4. What position does Mr. Costello have in the subdivision?
(a) Head of security.
(b) President of the Homeowners' Association.
(c) Contractor who built the subdivision.
(d) Head of ground maintenance.
5. What happens when a sinkhole forms on the school grounds?
(a) Some of the kids jump into it for fun.
(b) The tennis courts are ruined.
(c) Some of the portable buildings go into it.
(d) Nothing, it is in the middle of the field.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when a thunderstorm hits?
2. What does Paul and his mother have to fill out for him to start school?
3. Why do Paul's grandmother and grandfather call from Ohio?
4. After the family settles into their new home what does Mr. Fisher say about his job in relation to Erik?
5. What does Paul do when conversation about Erik and football starts?
Short Essay Questions
1. To what does Paul wake on August 9, who does he tell and what does she say to him? What do they do about the problem?
2. Why is Paul called into the principal's office the Monday after his trip to the carnival and what does Paul do?
3. Where does Paul's mother take him on Monday and what does she do there?
4. What makes the noise Paul hears when he leaves the principal's office and what do the students do about it?
5. What does Paul's mother do about Mike's death?
6. What does Paul say about how his mother has arranged their move?
7. Where does Paul go on his bike and what does he see about their subdivision?
8. What does Paul find out about the problem in question #3?
9. What news does Erik tell Paul and Mrs. Fisher when Erik comes home from school on Tuesday?
10. What does Paul hear Arthur and Erik saying about Mike Costello?
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)