|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the coach say handicapped people cannot play sports?
(a) Handicapped people are too much trouble.
(b) They are not good enough for the team.
(c) Because of insurance.
(d) The other kids are uncomfortable.
2. What happens when a thunderstorm hits?
(a) The power goes out.
(b) The back porch floods.
(c) A tree limb breaks a window.
(d) Lightning strikes the tree in the front yard.
3. Why do Paul's grandmother and grandfather call from Ohio?
(a) They saw the sinkhole on the news.
(b) They want to find out how Erik's doing in football.
(c) They want him to visit that summer.
(d) They are coming to visit.
4. What does Mr. Costello do when Erik and Mr. Fisher come home?
(a) Offers to set them up with a football scout.
(b) Talks to them about the weather.
(c) Go to his home and get his son.
5. How does Paul find out he cannot play soccer?
(a) His parents receive a letter.
(b) The coach calls his mother.
(c) During practice.
(d) He is called into the principal's office.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Erik starting to hang out with?
2. What are Erik and Arthur making fun of in Mike's death?
3. What is Paul questioned about by the principal?
4. What does Paul's mother say about Paul not being able to play soccer?
5. What does Paul's mother do Sunday morning after she goes outside?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Paul's mother take him on Monday and what does she do there?
2. Why is Paul put off the soccer team and what is his reaction when he hears about it?
3. What does Paul think about if Erik died?
4. Where does Paul go on his bike and what does he see about their subdivision?
5. What does Paul think about Arthur and Erik are saying about Mike?
6. What changes in Tangerine does Paul foresee and what does he think about himself and changes?
7. What does Paul say about how his mother has arranged their move?
8. What is Paul's mother's response about him being kicked off the soccer team?
9. Why is Paul called into the principal's office the Monday after his trip to the carnival and what does Paul do?
10. What boy Paul's age does Paul meet and what does he see while Paul watches soccer practice?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)