|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Fisher ask the parents of the football players to do?
(a) Have football practice only on Saturday.
(b) Stop football practice until after Mike's funeral.
(c) Change football practice.
(d) Disband the football team.
2. What do Paul and Joey begin doing together?
(a) Playing tennis.
(b) Playing video games.
(c) Going to the library.
3. Why does the coach say handicapped people cannot play sports?
(a) Handicapped people are too much trouble.
(b) They are not good enough for the team.
(c) The other kids are uncomfortable.
(d) Because of insurance.
4. What time does Mrs. Fisher think they will arrive in Tangerine?
(a) Somewhere around midnight.
(b) By four in the afternoon.
(c) By nine at night.
(d) She doesn't have any idea when they might arrive.
5. What does Paul wear on the soccer field?
(a) A helmet.
(d) Nothing special but regular soccer gear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul do after the thunderstorm?
2. What are Paul and Mrs. Fisher shown the school uses for classrooms?
3. What does Paul's mother say about Paul not being able to play soccer?
4. Who does Paul think Erik will date?
5. What does the coach say about stopping or changing the time of football practice?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Paul's mother do about Mike's death?
2. What do the parents of the football players decide to do and how does the coach respond to their suggestion?
3. To what does Paul wake on August 9, who does he tell and what does she say to him? What do they do about the problem?
4. What changes in Tangerine does Paul foresee and what does he think about himself and changes?
5. What does Paul think about Arthur and Erik are saying about Mike?
6. What does Paul find out about the problem in question #3?
7. What does Paul think about if Erik died?
8. Where does Paul go on his bike and what does he see about their subdivision?
9. What is Paul's mother's response about him being kicked off the soccer team?
10. Where does Paul's mother take him on Monday and what does she do there?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)