|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Erik starting to hang out with?
(a) Mike Costello.
(b) Arthur Bauer.
(c) Tim Talon.
(d) Andy Nuemberg.
2. What does Paul say ruined his move to Florida?
(a) Bringing Erik with them.
(b) School officials finding out about his sight.
(c) Being kicked off the soccer team.
(d) Florida being so hot.
3. What does Paul think about his vision impairment and Erik?
(a) Erik could care less whether Paul is blind.
(b) Erik was gone the day Paul lost so much of his sight.
(c) Erik is part of the secret.
(d) Erik is happy Paul is almost blind.
4. What is the name of the subdivision where Paul lives?
(a) Lake Windsor Downs.
(b) Waveryly Hills.
(c) Pinecrest Lakes.
(d) Shady Oaks.
5. What does Erik tell kids when they ask why Paul wears such thick glasses?
(a) Paul was born that way.
(b) They don't know why his sight is so bad.
(c) Paul was hit in the head with a baseball bat.
(d) Paul stared at a solar eclipse too long.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Paul catch the bus to school?
2. What does one parent tell Mrs. Fisher about his son and practice?
3. What is the name of the funeral home where Mike is laid out?
4. What does Mrs. Fisher expect will happen on September 6 due to Mike's death?
5. What is the name of the high school football team?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes the noise Paul hears when he leaves the principal's office and what do the students do about it?
2. Who comes by the house from the Owners' Association, who is his son and what happens when Paul's father returns home?
3. What does Paul's mother do about Mike's death?
4. Where does Paul go on his bike and what does he see about their subdivision?
5. Why is Paul put off the soccer team and what is his reaction when he hears about it?
6. What does Paul and his mother learn about muck fires, and what happens when a thunderstorm hits?
7. What does Paul's mother think will happen about Mike's death and what actually happens? What does Paul wonder about Joey?
8. What news does Erik tell Paul and Mrs. Fisher when Erik comes home from school on Tuesday?
9. What does Paul hear Arthur and Erik saying about Mike Costello?
10. How did Erik learn to kick and what did Mr. Fisher do when Erik started playing football?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)