|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paul find out when Joey does not show up for school?
(a) He broke his leg.
(b) He has dropped out of school.
(c) He has transferred back to Lake Windsor.
(d) He is sick.
2. What does Paul learn about Coach Bright on Sunday?
(a) She has a son Paul's age.
(b) She was a promising Olympic athlete in track.
(c) She moved to the United States from Chile.
(d) She used to play professional soccer.
3. How do Joey and Tino settle their argument?
(a) They choose a number.
(b) They allow Theresa to chose.
(c) They get into a physical fight.
(d) They draw straws.
4. What does Paul find out from Theresa about the soccer team?
(a) The coach is a man from Europe.
(b) Her twin brother is on the team.
(c) It went to state finals the year before.
(d) It has never lost a game.
5. How does Tino feel about what Paul did at the farm Saturday?
(d) He thinks it is funny.
6. What has the muck become?
(a) A hazardous waste ground.
(b) A parking lot.
(c) A breeding ground for mosquitoes.
(d) A playgound.
7. What does Maya do when she sees Paul after practice?
(a) Walks to his car with him and introduces herself to his mother.
(b) Laughs at him for being afraid of Tino and Victor fighting.
(c) Commends him on the save.
(d) Tells him to let Victor score during practice.
8. Who tries the last field goal that Paul stops in the game?
9. What does Paul learn about the make-up of the soccer team from Theresa?
(a) They already have a first rate goalie.
(b) The team is half female.
(c) It is mostly Hispanic boys on the team.
(d) There are several girls on the team.
10. What does the group do at Tino's house?
(a) Learn how the tangerine operation works.
(b) Play video games.
(c) Play ball.
(d) Pick fruit.
11. What does Tino do about Paul's confession?
(a) He laughs at Paul.
(b) He pushes Paul to the ground.
(c) He kicks Paul.
(d) He dumps a bucket of water on Paul.
12. What does Paul do when he is put in the game to replace the injured player?
(a) Trips over a rock.
(b) Fouls an opponent.
(c) Falls on his face.
(d) Scores a goal.
13. What number does Paul have on his soccer jersey?
14. How does Paul feel about his and Tino's friendship?
(a) That it is going no where.
(b) That it is solid.
(c) That it is as good as it will get.
(d) That it is still shaky.
15. What does Paul learn Wayne has been hired to do besides his regular job?
(a) A ticket taker at football games.
(b) Talking to school children about safety.
(c) Security for the subdivision.
(d) Spray for mosquitoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul wonder when he notices all the parents at his soccer game?
2. What color are the tents on some of the houses in the subdivision?
3. What do Victor, Tino and Hernando tell Paul when he meets them?
4. What does Wayne tell Paul about how the muck bogs were created?
5. What does the Tangerine Times write about soccer on Wednesday?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)