|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wayne tell Paul about how the muck bogs were created?
(a) They don't know how the muck fields came about.
(b) By bulldozing a tangerine grove and covering the trees with dirt.
(c) It is a natural occurrence.
(d) It used to be the city dump.
2. Who does Paul talk to on the phone after his game?
(b) His father.
(c) His grandparents.
3. Who tries the last field goal that Paul stops in the game?
4. What does Paul say his life is like in his entry for November 2?
(a) Slow and boring.
(c) Very busy.
(d) Just full enough to be interesting.
5. What number does Paul have on his soccer jersey?
6. What does the referee fail to do in the game on September 22?
(a) Call any fouls.
(b) Call a goal made by Tangerine.
(c) Stop kids from using their hands.
(d) Call any offsides.
7. What does Paul confess to Tino?
(a) He told about the carnival exhibition.
(b) He wants to quit the soccer team.
(c) He likes Tino's sister.
(d) He has never had friends.
8. Why is Paul introduced to Theresa Cruz?
(a) She was in the principal's office that morning.
(b) She knows Joey.
(c) She is in his homeroom.
(d) She will be his guide for the first day.
9. What does Paul do at the Cruz farm on Saturday?
(a) Talk with Tino and Theresa.
(b) Watch the tangerines being processed.
(c) Eat a lot of food he's never seen before.
(d) Work all day.
10. What does the Tangerine Times write about soccer on Wednesday?
(a) It writes about the history of soccer in the county.
(b) It gives statistic for the number of soccer teams in the United States.
(c) It does not write anything about soccer.
(d) It writes that it is not an American sport.
11. Who comes to talk to Coach Bright during half-time?
(a) A member of the school board.
(b) Paul's science teacher.
(c) The other team's coach.
(d) The principal.
12. What color are the tents on some of the houses in the subdivision?
13. Why do Tino and his friends think they were caught about the carnival?
(a) They were carrying a soccer ball.
(b) They were the only Hispanics there.
(c) The guard saw them running away.
(d) They were caught on a home video.
14. How does Tino feel about what Paul did at the farm Saturday?
(b) He thinks it is funny.
15. What does Paul do when he is put in the game to replace the injured player?
(a) Trips over a rock.
(b) Falls on his face.
(c) Fouls an opponent.
(d) Scores a goal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Tino and Theresa say about the group's project?
2. What does the crowd do when Erik tries to kick?
3. What does Victor tell Paul about team members?
4. What does Maya do when she sees Paul after practice?
5. What does Joey do after he and Tino fight?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)