|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Tino and Victor get in a fight at soccer practice?
(a) Tino says Victor's goal does not count.
(b) Victor got upset that Tino told Paul it was a good catch.
(c) Tino got upset that Victor spit at Paul.
(d) Victor says Tino tripped him.
2. Why is Tino out of school?
(a) He is on a trip with his father.
(b) He is helping on the farm.
(c) He is ill.
(d) He has been suspended.
3. Who does the Tangerine soccer team play on Friday?
(a) Lake Windsor.
(b) Golden Hills.
(c) Orange Lake.
4. What does Paul do when he is put in the game to replace the injured player?
(a) Scores a goal.
(b) Fouls an opponent.
(c) Falls on his face.
(d) Trips over a rock.
5. What color are the tents on some of the houses in the subdivision?
6. Where has the group agreed to go for their project?
(a) Henry's house.
(b) Paul's house.
(c) The public library.
(d) Theresa and Tino's house.
7. What does Paul learn about the make-up of the soccer team from Theresa?
(a) It is mostly Hispanic boys on the team.
(b) The team is half female.
(c) They already have a first rate goalie.
(d) There are several girls on the team.
8. What does Paul suggest to Joey?
(a) That Joey play football like his brother.
(b) That Joey ignore Erik and Arthur.
(c) That Joey spend the night at Paul's house.
(d) That Joey transfer to Tangerine Middle School.
9. What does Maya do when she sees Paul after practice?
(a) Tells him to let Victor score during practice.
(b) Commends him on the save.
(c) Walks to his car with him and introduces herself to his mother.
(d) Laughs at him for being afraid of Tino and Victor fighting.
10. What number does Paul have on his soccer jersey?
11. What does Paul find out when Joey does not show up for school?
(a) He has transferred back to Lake Windsor.
(b) He has dropped out of school.
(c) He is sick.
(d) He broke his leg.
12. What does one of the players do to Paul?
(a) Push him to the ground.
(b) Slam the ball into his head.
(c) Hit him and throw mud in his eyes.
(d) Trip him.
13. What does Paul's mother tell him when she picks him up on his first day of school at Tangerine?
(a) Joey was over at the house earlier.
(b) Erik is suspended from the football team.
(c) The school officials called for his records.
(d) She doesn't like him going to that school.
14. What happens to Tino?
(a) He is made to go to another group.
(b) He receives a failing grade for the project.
(c) He is suspended.
(d) He is made to apologize to Joey.
15. Why is Paul introduced to Theresa Cruz?
(a) She will be his guide for the first day.
(b) She knows Joey.
(c) She was in the principal's office that morning.
(d) She is in his homeroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tino tell Paul to say if asked about Tino's reaction to Paul's confession?
2. What does Tino do while he and Joey are arguing?
3. For what other problems the subdivision has is the muck field responsible?
4. Of what does Joey accuse Paul?
5. What does the Tangerine Times write about soccer on Wednesday?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)