|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Paul and Joey begin doing together?
(a) Playing video games.
(c) Playing tennis.
(d) Going to the library.
2. What are Paul and Mrs. Fisher shown the school uses for classrooms?
(a) Portable buildings.
(b) An old army armory.
(c) A concrete building that used to be apartments.
(d) Quonset huts.
3. What does Paul think about his soccer try-outs?
(a) He will not be picked for the team.
(b) He will be chosen for first string.
(c) He has no idea what will happen.
(d) He will be second-string.
4. What can Paul not understand about Erik and Arthur?
(a) Why they are friends.
(b) How they can make fun of Joey.
(c) Laughing about Mike's death.
(d) Why they are there instead of at Mike's house.
5. What time does Mrs. Fisher think they will arrive in Tangerine?
(a) By nine at night.
(b) Somewhere around midnight.
(c) She doesn't have any idea when they might arrive.
(d) By four in the afternoon.
6. What time of the morning does Paul and his mother leave their former city?
7. Who does Paul think Erik will date?
(a) One of the cheerleaders.
(b) The student vice-president.
(c) One of the girls on the tennis team.
(d) Mike's sister.
8. What does Paul realize about Erik and Arthur related to Mike's death?
(a) Their positions on the football team will be better.
(b) Arthur will probably quit the team.
(c) Erik might become a quarterback.
(d) Mike's father will no longer coach.
9. What does Paul wonder about when he thinks of what the rest of his family is doing?
(a) If he can find another family.
(b) What difference he is making anywhere.
(c) If his family thinks he's stupid as well as blind.
(d) If he can live up to them.
10. What does Paul say ruined his move to Florida?
(a) Florida being so hot.
(b) Bringing Erik with them.
(c) School officials finding out about his sight.
(d) Being kicked off the soccer team.
11. Who are waiting for Paul and his mother in Tangerine?
(a) His grandmother and grandfather.
(b) His aunt and uncle.
(c) No one, his brother and father will arrive a day later.
(d) His father and brother.
12. What does Paul tell his guide the first day of school?
(a) He doesn't need her help.
(b) He is sight impaired, not stupid.
(c) He likes her.
(d) He cannot get to class by himself.
13. What does Mrs. Fisher ask the parents of the football players to do?
(a) Change football practice.
(b) Disband the football team.
(c) Stop football practice until after Mike's funeral.
(d) Have football practice only on Saturday.
14. What does Paul's mother say about Paul not being able to play soccer?
(a) He will find something else to do.
(b) She is sure his eyesight has improved.
(c) He can concentrate on his studies.
(d) Sports are only for the dumb kids anyway.
15. Why does Joey invite Paul to a carnival?
(a) Joey needs some distraction from his grief.
(b) Joey has extra money to spend.
(c) Joey's father does not want him around.
(d) Joey's mother doesn't want him to stay at home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Charley Burns fired?
2. What does Paul say he would be sad about if Erik dies?
3. What is the name of the funeral home where Mike is laid out?
4. What happens when a thunderstorm hits?
5. Where does Joey say the boys at the carnival go to school?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)