|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Paul say Erik learned to kick for football?
(a) Their grandfather taught him.
(b) By playing rag tag in elementary school.
(c) By being a soccer player.
(d) By kicking the ball against the side of the house.
2. Who does Paul think Erik will date?
(a) One of the cheerleaders.
(b) One of the girls on the tennis team.
(c) The student vice-president.
(d) Mike's sister.
3. What does Paul do when conversation about Erik and football starts?
(a) Struts around the living room.
(b) Sits in the chair and sulks.
(c) Laughs at Erik.
(d) Goes to his bedroom.
4. What does Joey tell Paul about Paul's statement to the principal?
(a) No one has to know who it was.
(b) He is now a hero.
(c) He will probably be beat up.
(d) He was a ratfink.
5. How does Paul find out he cannot play soccer?
(a) He is called into the principal's office.
(b) During practice.
(c) The coach calls his mother.
(d) His parents receive a letter.
6. Why does Mrs. Fisher want to go through the house before she and Paul leave at the opening of the book?
(a) To check for any open windows.
(b) To make sure it is clean.
(c) To make sure all electrical appliances are turned off.
(d) To make sure nothing is left.
7. What does Paul wonder about Joey?
(a) How Joey is feeling.
(b) Whether Joey liked his older brother.
(c) If Joey wants to come over.
(d) If he should go see Joey.
8. Where does Joey say the boys at the carnival go to school?
(a) Saint John's Episcopal School.
(b) Saint Anthony's School.
(c) Tangerine Middle School.
(d) Lake Windsor Middle School.
9. What is happening when Paul wakes on Saturday?
(a) His mother is playing the piano.
(b) A lightning storm.
(c) Erik is burning breakfast.
(d) Nothing is happening.
10. What does Mr. Costello do when Erik and Mr. Fisher come home?
(a) Talks to them about the weather.
(c) Go to his home and get his son.
(d) Offers to set them up with a football scout.
11. From where is Paul Fisher's family moving to Florida?
(b) New York.
12. What did Joey do when his brother died?
(a) Broke down sobbing and runs away.
(b) Put a football next to him.
(c) Tried to brush his hair over his face.
(d) Try to take the shoes off his feet.
13. What does Paul do after the thunderstorm?
(a) Watches television.
(b) Goes over to Joey's house.
(c) Goes bike riding.
(d) Goes to the store with his mother.
14. What time of the morning does Paul and his mother leave their former city?
15. Why does the coach say handicapped people cannot play sports?
(a) They are not good enough for the team.
(b) Handicapped people are too much trouble.
(c) Because of insurance.
(d) The other kids are uncomfortable.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sees the smoke at the house Sunday morning first?
2. What happens when a thunderstorm hits?
3. Who takes Paul's glasses from him and cleans the mud off?
4. What is Paul questioned about by the principal?
5. What are Erik and Arthur making fun of in Mike's death?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)