|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 1 - 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Paul and Mrs. Fisher shown the school uses for classrooms?
(a) Quonset huts.
(b) An old army armory.
(c) Portable buildings.
(d) A concrete building that used to be apartments.
2. Why does Mrs. Fisher want to go through the house before she and Paul leave at the opening of the book?
(a) To make sure nothing is left.
(b) To check for any open windows.
(c) To make sure it is clean.
(d) To make sure all electrical appliances are turned off.
3. What do Paul and Joey begin doing together?
(b) Going to the library.
(c) Playing video games.
(d) Playing tennis.
4. What does Paul think about his soccer try-outs?
(a) He will be second-string.
(b) He will be chosen for first string.
(c) He will not be picked for the team.
(d) He has no idea what will happen.
5. What does Mr. Costello do when Erik and Mr. Fisher come home?
(b) Offers to set them up with a football scout.
(c) Go to his home and get his son.
(d) Talks to them about the weather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul do after the thunderstorm?
2. What do Paul and his mother find out about the smoke?
3. What does Paul's mother ask to see at the school when he takes him there?
4. Who does Paul think Erik will date?
5. Where does Paul catch the bus to school?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)