|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about Calyphas does Tamburlaine say is "weak?"
2. Who complains about not being able to ride in the chariot?
3. How many kings present Callapine?
4. Why wasn't the item used on Olympia's husband?
5. Almeda comments that since Tamburlaine has been named king, he has...
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the personalities of Tamburlaine and Bajazeth.
Essay Topic 2
A common theme in the play is deception. What made it so easy for soldiers and regents to switch sides before battle? Are there any cases in which the traitors were justified? If so, who was the traitor? What was the justification? How were traitors dealt with in the play? What type of punishment would you have used?
Essay Topic 3
Bajazeth attempts to negotiate with Tamburlaine. What is the purpose of the negotiation? What is the result? Despite the interference of Tamburlaine, Bajazeth's main focus is on what goal? Will Tamburlaine interfere with that goal? How would Bajazeth deal with any entity that blocks his path? Do Bajazeth and Tamburlaine ever reach an agreement?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)