|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tamburlaine prove that wounds mean nothing?
2. What does Theridimas offer to Olympia as an incentive?
3. According to Tamburlaine, blood is more precious than what jewel?
4. Tamburlaine admonishes one of the kings and orders him to be:
5. The exchange is compared to the enemies in what war?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Olympia is desperate to die after her husband and child are killed. What caused the delay in Olympia's death? Why was Olympia kept by Theridimas instead of being sent to Tamburlaine as originally planned? What trick does Olympia perform on Theridimas? What is the result?
Essay Topic 2
Of Tamburlaine's three sons, only Calyphas objected to killing in battle. What was Tamburlaine's reaction to the boy's beliefs? What did Zenocrate think of Calyphas' objections? Was Calyphas able to hide his disapproval? Of what was Calyphas afraid? Did Calyphas' predictions come true?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the personalities of Tamburlaine and Bajazeth.
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)