|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who informs Mycetes of the betrayal?
2. Who has been defeated in battle?
3. Who are common targets in war?
4. To whom does Sigismund pray?
5. How is the basso received?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Tamburlaine disappointed in the behavior of his children?
2. What has prevented Tamburlaine from crowning Zenocrate an empress?
3. How does Mycetes react when he learns that Cosroe and Theridimas have switched sides?
4. Why does Almeda refuse Callapine's offer of a kingdom?
5. What causes Calyphas to proclaim his eagerness to kill?
6. What is Cosroe's reaction to the defeat of Mycetes?
7. What is the purpose of creating a Part Two to the play?
8. What is the Sultan's reaction when he learns Tamburlaine is approaching Egypt? How does the Sultan feel about Zenocrate's involvement?
9. How does Tamburlaine greet Almeda? What will be done to acknowledge Almeda's assistance to Callapine?
10. Why does Tamburlaine admonish one of the kings for saying that Amyras is cruel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the personalities of Amyras, Celebini, and Calyphas. Which would be the most effective as Tamburlaine's successor? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Theridimas was easily convinced to switch sides after speaking with Tamburlaine. What caused Theridimas to switch sides? Was there any coercion for Theridimas to make this decision? Was the decision any reflection on Theridimas' relationship with Mycetes and/or Cosroe? What does this move say about Theridimas' trustworthiness? Should Tamburlaine trust Theridimas?
Essay Topic 3
Bajazeth attempts to negotiate with Tamburlaine. What is the purpose of the negotiation? What is the result? Despite the interference of Tamburlaine, Bajazeth's main focus is on what goal? Will Tamburlaine interfere with that goal? How would Bajazeth deal with any entity that blocks his path? Do Bajazeth and Tamburlaine ever reach an agreement?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)