|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Zenocrate's servants threatened with if they do not swear loyalty?
2. What is the name of the person with whom Zenocrate speaks?
3. Mycetes believes Tamburlaine will become:
4. How many children does Bajazeth have?
5. What is the peace offering?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tamburlaine mean when he claims that wounds mean nothing? How does he prove it?
2. It is clear that Tamburlaine is admired. What/who does Tamburlaine compare himself to?
3. What is Cosroe's reaction to the defeat of Mycetes?
4. What causes Calyphas to proclaim his eagerness to kill?
5. How does Tamburlaine learn about the location of the hidden treasure the Governor has offered as a bribe?
6. What is the reaction of the Sultan when Tamburlaine says he can remain in the royal court as a regent?
7. What items are used by Tamburlaine to prove to Theridimas that he has been well blessed?
8. What is the purpose of the crowns on Tamburlaine's dinner plate?
9. Why does Tamburlaine admonish one of the kings for saying that Amyras is cruel?
10. How do Bajazeth and Zabina manage to free themselves from the cells in the castle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the personalities of Amyras, Celebini, and Calyphas. Which would be the most effective as Tamburlaine's successor? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Tamburlaine claims his efforts are blessed by the gods who continue to provide good fortune. Do you think Tamburlaine has been blessed? Are the people and things Tamburlaine has accrued due to blessings or through treachery and thievery as the Persians believe? How might Tamburlaine have achieved those things otherwise? What do you think Tamburlaine will do with all the land and riches?
Essay Topic 3
Do you think Cosroe's treatment of Mycetes in Part 1, Act 1, Scene 1 was intentional to make Mycetes look bad in front of the court? How long do you think Cosroe had been planning to stage a coup? What might Mycetes's reaction have been when he learned of the betrayal? Who might have been against Cosroe's plan? How might Cosroe's actions affect the battle against Tamburlaine?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)