|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is approached regarding a potential escape?
2. Tamburlaine is accused of being a:
3. Who is not present during the conversation between Cosroe and Tamburlaine?
4. At the end of this scene, Mycetes is surprised that the item was not...
5. Tamburlaine considers what emotion to be feminine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of Tamburlaine's treatment of Bajazeth and Zabina?
2. Why does Mycetes hide his crown? From whom is he hiding it?
3. How do the lords respond to Cosroe's plan? What happens after the announcement of Cosroe's intentions?
4. What is the purpose of the crowns on Tamburlaine's dinner plate?
5. Why does Mycetes ask Cosroe to speak instead of holding the conference himself?
6. What is Cosroe's reaction to the defeat of Mycetes?
7. What is Callapine's plan if he is successful in escaping from Tamburlaine's jail?
8. Why is Amyras upset with his father? What is Tamburlaine's response?
9. It is clear that Tamburlaine is admired. What/who does Tamburlaine compare himself to?
10. What is Callapine's plan for escape from the jail?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bajazeth attempts to negotiate with Tamburlaine. What is the purpose of the negotiation? What is the result? Despite the interference of Tamburlaine, Bajazeth's main focus is on what goal? Will Tamburlaine interfere with that goal? How would Bajazeth deal with any entity that blocks his path? Do Bajazeth and Tamburlaine ever reach an agreement?
Essay Topic 2
Olympia is desperate to die after her husband and child are killed. What caused the delay in Olympia's death? Why was Olympia kept by Theridimas instead of being sent to Tamburlaine as originally planned? What trick does Olympia perform on Theridimas? What is the result?
Essay Topic 3
In the beginning of the play, Cosroe proclaimed that he intended to overthrow Mycetes and take over the throne as emperor. What changed the dynamic of how this was to be done? Who supported Cosroe? Who was against him? What prompted Cosroe to become allies with Tamburlaine? How did Theridimas affect Cosroe's decision? Who else might defect to Tamburlaine's camp?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)