|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sigismund comes from what country?
2. Cosroe considers Tamburlaine to be a powerful:
3. What does Tamburlaine promise to Zenocrate?
4. Why is Mycetes mocked?
5. Who is quick to praise Tamburlaine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What final words of advice does Tamburlaine give to Amyras?
2. Why does Mycetes ask Cosroe to speak instead of holding the conference himself?
3. What causes Zenocrate to declare her love for Tamburlaine? How does Agydas react?
4. What is Olympia's reason for refusing Theridimas and his offer of making her a queen?
5. Why is Sigismund's body left on the battlefield?
6. To whom does Cosroe reveal his plans to take over the throne? Who is in support of the plan?
7. Why does Almeda refuse Callapine's offer of a kingdom?
8. What happens to Zenocrate? How does Agydas eventually die?
9. What is Callapine's plan if he is successful in escaping from Tamburlaine's jail?
10. What are the protests heard from Amyras and Celebinus when Tamburlaine says he is dying?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Tamburlaine becomes convinced of his own godlike status in Part 1, Act 2. What makes Tamburlaine think he has the same powers as Ancient Greek gods and heroes? How do Tamburlaine's subordinates feel about the proclamation? Do you think Tamburlaine is tempting fate or wrath of the gods with this statement? Is Tamburlaine over confident or delusional?
Essay Topic 2
Bajazeth attempts to negotiate with Tamburlaine. What is the purpose of the negotiation? What is the result? Despite the interference of Tamburlaine, Bajazeth's main focus is on what goal? Will Tamburlaine interfere with that goal? How would Bajazeth deal with any entity that blocks his path? Do Bajazeth and Tamburlaine ever reach an agreement?
Essay Topic 3
Sigismund and Orcanes put aside their egos to form a pact against Tamburlaine. Although Sigismund's regents present a good argument, Sigismund is hesitant to betray Orcanes and the pact. Discuss the regents' argument and reason Sigismund decided to break the pact. Was it the right choice? What other options did Sigismund have? What would you have done in this situation? How might the outcome have changed if the pact had been kept?
This section contains 1,427 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)