|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Mycetes decide to hide?
2. Where are Bajazeth and Zabina being held?
3. Who has been defeated in battle?
4. To whom does Sigismund pray?
5. Who suggests the negative side of Tamburlaine's army?
Short Essay Questions
1. To what does Callapine compare Tamburlaine's pride? Why does Callapine use that particular metaphor?
2. What has prevented Tamburlaine from crowning Zenocrate an empress?
3. What is the Sultan's reaction when he learns Tamburlaine is approaching Egypt? How does the Sultan feel about Zenocrate's involvement?
4. Sigismund is urged to break his pact with Orcanes and to join forces with Tambulaine. Who makes the plea and why?
5. Why is it important for Orcanes and Sigismund to set aside arrogance and form an alliance?
6. What spurs on Callapine's conviction to humiliate and kill Tamburlaine?
7. How does Theridimas attempt to protect Tamburlaine from his grief?
8. What is Olympia's reason for refusing Theridimas and his offer of making her a queen?
9. How does the Governor react when Tamburlaine and others urge him to surrender?
10. What happens to Zenocrate? How does Agydas eventually die?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the personalities of Amyras, Celebini, and Calyphas. Which would be the most effective as Tamburlaine's successor? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the personalities of Tamburlaine and Bajazeth.
Essay Topic 3
Callapine approaches Almeda with a plan for escape. What prompted Callapine to approach Almeda? Can Almeda be trusted? If so, how can you tell? What is Callapine's plan? How can Callapine be sure it will work? What would happen if the plan failed? What is Almeda's reward for helping Callapine? What were the possible consequences?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)