|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Zenocrate's father live?
2. Which is not represented by a crown?
3. Which empire is ruled by this king?
4. What does Tamburlaine plan to display to impress the Persian soldiers?
5. The Sultan is angry because Zenocrate is being kept as Tamburlaine's:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Tamburlaine disappointed in the behavior of his children?
2. What is the purpose of the crowns on Tamburlaine's dinner plate?
3. Tamburlaine asks each man to describe what action?
4. How does Tamburlaine learn about the location of the hidden treasure the Governor has offered as a bribe?
5. Sigismund is urged to break his pact with Orcanes and to join forces with Tambulaine. Who makes the plea and why?
6. How does Mycetes react when he learns that Cosroe and Theridimas have switched sides?
7. To whom does Cosroe reveal his plans to take over the throne? Who is in support of the plan?
8. How do the lords respond to Cosroe's plan? What happens after the announcement of Cosroe's intentions?
9. Why does Almeda refuse Callapine's offer of a kingdom?
10. How does Tamburlaine react to his new position as regent to Cosroe?
Essay Topic 1
Sigismund and Orcanes put aside their egos to form a pact against Tamburlaine. Although Sigismund's regents present a good argument, Sigismund is hesitant to betray Orcanes and the pact. Discuss the regents' argument and reason Sigismund decided to break the pact. Was it the right choice? What other options did Sigismund have? What would you have done in this situation? How might the outcome have changed if the pact had been kept?
Essay Topic 2
Of Tamburlaine's three sons, only Calyphas objected to killing in battle. What was Tamburlaine's reaction to the boy's beliefs? What did Zenocrate think of Calyphas' objections? Was Calyphas able to hide his disapproval? Of what was Calyphas afraid? Did Calyphas' predictions come true?
Essay Topic 3
Tamburlaine claims his efforts are blessed by the gods who continue to provide good fortune. Do you think Tamburlaine has been blessed? Are the people and things Tamburlaine has accrued due to blessings or through treachery and thievery as the Persians believe? How might Tamburlaine have achieved those things otherwise? What do you think Tamburlaine will do with all the land and riches?
This section contains 1,427 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)