|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of this scene, Mycetes is surprised that the item was not...
2. What trait does the new emperor claim to have that the old one did not?
3. Who is Almeda?
4. Who informs Tamburlaine that he will be unable to fulfill his mission?
5. Who wants to claim the throne?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Mycetes thoughts on war?
2. What does Tamburlaine mean when he claims that wounds mean nothing? How does he prove it?
3. What causes Zenocrate to declare her love for Tamburlaine? How does Agydas react?
4. How do Zenocrate and Zabina react to the battle between their men?
5. Why does Mycetes ask Cosroe to speak instead of holding the conference himself?
6. What is the reaction of the Sultan when Tamburlaine says he can remain in the royal court as a regent?
7. What is a sign of strength according to Bajazeth? What promotes Zabina's worth?
8. How does Mycetes react when he learns that Cosroe and Theridimas have switched sides?
9. What is the purpose of creating a Part Two to the play?
10. What happens to Zenocrate? How does Agydas eventually die?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Tamburlaine becomes convinced of his own godlike status in Part 1, Act 2. What makes Tamburlaine think he has the same powers as Ancient Greek gods and heroes? How do Tamburlaine's subordinates feel about the proclamation? Do you think Tamburlaine is tempting fate or wrath of the gods with this statement? Is Tamburlaine over confident or delusional?
Essay Topic 2
Theridimas was easily convinced to switch sides after speaking with Tamburlaine. What caused Theridimas to switch sides? Was there any coercion for Theridimas to make this decision? Was the decision any reflection on Theridimas' relationship with Mycetes and/or Cosroe? What does this move say about Theridimas' trustworthiness? Should Tamburlaine trust Theridimas?
Essay Topic 3
Of Tamburlaine's three sons, only Calyphas objected to killing in battle. What was Tamburlaine's reaction to the boy's beliefs? What did Zenocrate think of Calyphas' objections? Was Calyphas able to hide his disapproval? Of what was Calyphas afraid? Did Calyphas' predictions come true?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)