|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an alternate title for the Sultan?
2. Zenocrate cannot understand how to reconcile love and...
3. Who is Zenocrate's father?
4. Which king is mentioned first in this scene?
5. Who wants to claim the throne?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Sigismund's body left on the battlefield?
2. What is the reaction of the Sultan when Tamburlaine says he can remain in the royal court as a regent?
3. How does the Governor react when Tamburlaine and others urge him to surrender?
4. How does Tamburlaine learn about the location of the hidden treasure the Governor has offered as a bribe?
5. Why is Amyras upset with his father? What is Tamburlaine's response?
6. What spurs on Callapine's conviction to humiliate and kill Tamburlaine?
7. Why is it important for Orcanes and Sigismund to set aside arrogance and form an alliance?
8. What is a basso? What is the purpose of sending one to Tamburlaine?
9. How does Bajazeth react to the news that Tamburlaine intends to challenge his rule over the Turkish Empire?
10. To whom does Cosroe reveal his plans to take over the throne? Who is in support of the plan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After all the proselytizing and planning by Callapine, why did he flee so quickly upon spotting Tamburlaine? Was it not obvious that Tamburlaine was dying? What happened to Callapine's conviction? Do you think Callapine's troops were for or against the retreat?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the personalities of Tamburlaine and Bajazeth.
Essay Topic 3
Callapine approaches Almeda with a plan for escape. What prompted Callapine to approach Almeda? Can Almeda be trusted? If so, how can you tell? What is Callapine's plan? How can Callapine be sure it will work? What would happen if the plan failed? What is Almeda's reward for helping Callapine? What were the possible consequences?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)