|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Zenocrate discuss her feelings toward Tamburlaine?
2. Who is being held prisoner in Tamburlaine's jail?
3. Tamburlaine originally says that his love for Zenocrate is:
4. Which king is mentioned first in this scene?
5. From what/whom does Mycetes want to hide the item?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tamburlaine learn about the location of the hidden treasure the Governor has offered as a bribe?
2. What spurs on Callapine's conviction to humiliate and kill Tamburlaine?
3. Why is Tamburlaine disappointed in the behavior of his children?
4. Why does Mycetes ask Cosroe to speak instead of holding the conference himself?
5. What is Cosroe's reaction to the defeat of Mycetes?
6. What are Mycetes thoughts on war?
7. How does Tamburlaine react to his new position as regent to Cosroe?
8. What is Olympia's reason for refusing Theridimas and his offer of making her a queen?
9. Tamburlaine asks each man to describe what action?
10. How does Tamburlaine greet Almeda? What will be done to acknowledge Almeda's assistance to Callapine?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Tamburlaine becomes convinced of his own godlike status in Part 1, Act 2. What makes Tamburlaine think he has the same powers as Ancient Greek gods and heroes? How do Tamburlaine's subordinates feel about the proclamation? Do you think Tamburlaine is tempting fate or wrath of the gods with this statement? Is Tamburlaine over confident or delusional?
Essay Topic 2
Bajazeth attempts to negotiate with Tamburlaine. What is the purpose of the negotiation? What is the result? Despite the interference of Tamburlaine, Bajazeth's main focus is on what goal? Will Tamburlaine interfere with that goal? How would Bajazeth deal with any entity that blocks his path? Do Bajazeth and Tamburlaine ever reach an agreement?
Essay Topic 3
In the beginning, Zenocrate loathed Tamburlaine. What physical assaults were thrust upon Zenocrate? Why did Tamburlaine insist on Zenocrate's imprisonment? When did Zenocrate's feelings begin to change? How was Zenocrate able to forgive Tamburlaine after he destroyed Damascus? What was the Sultan's view of the relationship?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)