|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the brother to Mycetes?
2. Who is being held prisoner in Tamburlaine's jail?
3. Who will receive the crowns of Bajazeth's regents?
4. The Sultan is angry because Zenocrate is being kept as Tamburlaine's:
5. Tamburlaine is advancing toward what territory?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a sign of strength according to Bajazeth? What promotes Zabina's worth?
2. How do Callapine and the other kings react upon receiving the news about Tamburlaine's army?
3. How is Tamburlaine introduced into the story?
4. What is the purpose for the visits from Theridimas, Techelles, and Usumcasane?
5. What happens to Zenocrate? How does Agydas eventually die?
6. Why does Calyphas refuse to fight? What does Calyphas do instead?
7. What is the Sultan's reaction when he learns Tamburlaine is approaching Egypt? How does the Sultan feel about Zenocrate's involvement?
8. What is the reaction of the Sultan when Tamburlaine says he can remain in the royal court as a regent?
9. How does the Governor react when Tamburlaine and others urge him to surrender?
10. How is Callapine introduced in this scene? What are his intentions?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Of Tamburlaine's three sons, only Calyphas objected to killing in battle. What was Tamburlaine's reaction to the boy's beliefs? What did Zenocrate think of Calyphas' objections? Was Calyphas able to hide his disapproval? Of what was Calyphas afraid? Did Calyphas' predictions come true?
Essay Topic 2
Callapine approaches Almeda with a plan for escape. What prompted Callapine to approach Almeda? Can Almeda be trusted? If so, how can you tell? What is Callapine's plan? How can Callapine be sure it will work? What would happen if the plan failed? What is Almeda's reward for helping Callapine? What were the possible consequences?
Essay Topic 3
Olympia is desperate to die after her husband and child are killed. What caused the delay in Olympia's death? Why was Olympia kept by Theridimas instead of being sent to Tamburlaine as originally planned? What trick does Olympia perform on Theridimas? What is the result?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)