Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Zenocrate's father live?
2. Which is not represented by a crown?
3. Which empire is ruled by this king?
4. What does Tamburlaine plan to display to impress the Persian soldiers?
5. The Sultan is angry because Zenocrate is being kept as Tamburlaine's:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Tamburlaine disappointed in the behavior of his children?
2. What is the purpose of the crowns on Tamburlaine's dinner plate?
3. Tamburlaine asks each man to describe what action?
4. How does Tamburlaine learn about the location of the hidden treasure the Governor has offered as a bribe?
5. Sigismund is urged to break his pact with Orcanes and to join forces with Tambulaine. Who makes the plea and why?
6. How does Mycetes react when he learns that Cosroe and Theridimas have switched sides?
7. To whom does Cosroe reveal his plans to take over the throne? Who is in support of the plan?
8. How do the lords respond to Cosroe's plan? What happens after the announcement of Cosroe's intentions?
9. Why does Almeda refuse Callapine's offer of a kingdom?
10. How does Tamburlaine react to his new position as regent to Cosroe?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the personalities of Tamburlaine and Bajazeth.
Essay Topic 2
Bajazeth attempts to negotiate with Tamburlaine. What is the purpose of the negotiation? What is the result? Despite the interference of Tamburlaine, Bajazeth's main focus is on what goal? Will Tamburlaine interfere with that goal? How would Bajazeth deal with any entity that blocks his path? Do Bajazeth and Tamburlaine ever reach an agreement?
Essay Topic 3
Do you think Cosroe's treatment of Mycetes in Part 1, Act 1, Scene 1 was intentional to make Mycetes look bad in front of the court? How long do you think Cosroe had been planning to stage a coup? What might Mycetes's reaction have been when he learned of the betrayal? Who might have been against Cosroe's plan? How might Cosroe's actions affect the battle against Tamburlaine?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)