|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tamburlaine is urged not to move forward into what country?
2. What is an alternate title for the Sultan?
3. Who wants to claim the throne?
4. What is a "basso?"
5. Mycetes believes Tamburlaine will become:
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Tamburlaine's wish for Zenocrate's soul?
2. How do Bajazeth and Zabina manage to free themselves from the cells in the castle?
3. What are the protests heard from Amyras and Celebinus when Tamburlaine says he is dying?
4. Why is Tamburlaine disappointed in the behavior of his children?
5. How does Tamburlaine greet Almeda? What will be done to acknowledge Almeda's assistance to Callapine?
6. What is Olympia's reason for refusing Theridimas and his offer of making her a queen?
7. What happens to Zenocrate? How does Agydas eventually die?
8. What is the purpose of the crowns on Tamburlaine's dinner plate?
9. How does Bajazeth react to the news that Tamburlaine intends to challenge his rule over the Turkish Empire?
10. Why is Theridimas upset with himself?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Tamburlaine claims his efforts are blessed by the gods who continue to provide good fortune. Do you think Tamburlaine has been blessed? Are the people and things Tamburlaine has accrued due to blessings or through treachery and thievery as the Persians believe? How might Tamburlaine have achieved those things otherwise? What do you think Tamburlaine will do with all the land and riches?
Essay Topic 2
Bajazeth attempts to negotiate with Tamburlaine. What is the purpose of the negotiation? What is the result? Despite the interference of Tamburlaine, Bajazeth's main focus is on what goal? Will Tamburlaine interfere with that goal? How would Bajazeth deal with any entity that blocks his path? Do Bajazeth and Tamburlaine ever reach an agreement?
Essay Topic 3
The story ends with Amyras and Celebinus mourning the death of Tamburlaine. Neither claims to have the spirit left for conquest. Describe how Tamburlaine's death affected his sons. How might Tamburlaine's legacy be carried on? Which son will be the most successful? Will Tamburlaine's sons be able to fulfill their father's prophecy?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)