|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are common targets in war?
2. What does Tamburlaine intend to do before attacking the soldiers?
3. Mycetes is urged to offer what to the soldiers?
4. What is the name of Bajazeth's wife?
5. Tamburlaine is criticized for what trait?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Sultan's reaction when he learns Tamburlaine is approaching Egypt? How does the Sultan feel about Zenocrate's involvement?
2. What is Zenocrate's attitude toward Tamburlaine? Why does she swear her loyalty to him?
3. How do the lords respond to Cosroe's plan? What happens after the announcement of Cosroe's intentions?
4. What is the outcome of the attempt to offer the city's ruler the chance to surrender?
5. What is Callapine's plan if he is successful in escaping from Tamburlaine's jail?
6. What are the protests heard from Amyras and Celebinus when Tamburlaine says he is dying?
7. What does Tamburlaine mean when he claims that wounds mean nothing? How does he prove it?
8. To whom does Cosroe reveal his plans to take over the throne? Who is in support of the plan?
9. What suggestion does Meander make to Mycetes in light of the defection?
10. What causes Calyphas to proclaim his eagerness to kill?
Essay Topic 1
Tamburlaine's ambition and ego will not allow Cosroe to take over the throne of Persia. Examine the scene in which Tamburlaine takes the crown. What is Cosroe's reaction? What is said to Cosroe? How is the event explained to the generals? What is the reaction of the generals and the soldiers? Who will remain loyal to Tamburlaine?
Essay Topic 2
Tamburlaine claims his efforts are blessed by the gods who continue to provide good fortune. Do you think Tamburlaine has been blessed? Are the people and things Tamburlaine has accrued due to blessings or through treachery and thievery as the Persians believe? How might Tamburlaine have achieved those things otherwise? What do you think Tamburlaine will do with all the land and riches?
Essay Topic 3
Callapine approaches Almeda with a plan for escape. What prompted Callapine to approach Almeda? Can Almeda be trusted? If so, how can you tell? What is Callapine's plan? How can Callapine be sure it will work? What would happen if the plan failed? What is Almeda's reward for helping Callapine? What were the possible consequences?
This section contains 1,429 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)