|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sends a peace offering to Tamburlaine?
2. Corsoe comments that Mycetes should kiss what?
3. How is the basso received?
4. Cosroe considers Tamburlaine to be a powerful:
5. What object does Tamburlaine use to feed Bajazeth?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bajazeth react to the news that Tamburlaine intends to challenge his rule over the Turkish Empire?
2. What is Callapine's plan for escape from the jail?
3. What items are used by Tamburlaine to prove to Theridimas that he has been well blessed?
4. Tamburlaine asks each man to describe what action?
5. How does Mycetes react when he learns that Cosroe and Theridimas have switched sides?
6. Why is Amyras upset with his father? What is Tamburlaine's response?
7. Why is Tamburlaine disappointed in the behavior of his children?
8. How do the lords respond to Cosroe's plan? What happens after the announcement of Cosroe's intentions?
9. How does Tamburlaine greet Almeda? What will be done to acknowledge Almeda's assistance to Callapine?
10. Who approaches Tamburlaine from Persia? What is the agreement struck between the two men?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the personalities of Tamburlaine and Bajazeth.
Essay Topic 2
Tamburlaine claims his efforts are blessed by the gods who continue to provide good fortune. Do you think Tamburlaine has been blessed? Are the people and things Tamburlaine has accrued due to blessings or through treachery and thievery as the Persians believe? How might Tamburlaine have achieved those things otherwise? What do you think Tamburlaine will do with all the land and riches?
Essay Topic 3
Do you think Cosroe's treatment of Mycetes in Part 1, Act 1, Scene 1 was intentional to make Mycetes look bad in front of the court? How long do you think Cosroe had been planning to stage a coup? What might Mycetes's reaction have been when he learned of the betrayal? Who might have been against Cosroe's plan? How might Cosroe's actions affect the battle against Tamburlaine?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)