|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Theridimas' title?
2. What item does Mycetes decide to hide?
3. What is the peace offering?
4. Who does the Sultan approach as a potential ally?
5. Who is approached regarding a potential escape?
Short Essay Questions
1. Olympia kills her son and attempts to kill herself to save from being tortured. Why is Olympia not allowed to die?
2. What is the reaction of the Sultan when Tamburlaine says he can remain in the royal court as a regent?
3. What are the protests heard from Amyras and Celebinus when Tamburlaine says he is dying?
4. How does Mycetes react when he learns that Cosroe and Theridimas have switched sides?
5. What suggestion does Meander make to Mycetes in light of the defection?
6. What spurs on Callapine's conviction to humiliate and kill Tamburlaine?
7. How do Bajazeth and Zabina manage to free themselves from the cells in the castle?
8. Why is Sigismund's body left on the battlefield?
9. How does the Governor react when Tamburlaine and others urge him to surrender?
10. How do Zenocrate and Zabina react to the battle between their men?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bajazeth attempts to negotiate with Tamburlaine. What is the purpose of the negotiation? What is the result? Despite the interference of Tamburlaine, Bajazeth's main focus is on what goal? Will Tamburlaine interfere with that goal? How would Bajazeth deal with any entity that blocks his path? Do Bajazeth and Tamburlaine ever reach an agreement?
Essay Topic 2
Callapine approaches Almeda with a plan for escape. What prompted Callapine to approach Almeda? Can Almeda be trusted? If so, how can you tell? What is Callapine's plan? How can Callapine be sure it will work? What would happen if the plan failed? What is Almeda's reward for helping Callapine? What were the possible consequences?
Essay Topic 3
After all the proselytizing and planning by Callapine, why did he flee so quickly upon spotting Tamburlaine? Was it not obvious that Tamburlaine was dying? What happened to Callapine's conviction? Do you think Callapine's troops were for or against the retreat?
This section contains 1,412 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)