|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has been defeated in battle?
2. Who are common targets in war?
3. Which of the following describes Bajazeth's children?
4. Tamburlaine reiterates his oath to remain:
5. To which of these is Tamburlaine not compared?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Callapine's plan for escape from the jail?
2. Why is Tamburlaine disappointed in the behavior of his children?
3. What spurs on Callapine's conviction to humiliate and kill Tamburlaine?
4. What suggestion does Meander make to Mycetes in light of the defection?
5. Why is it important for Orcanes and Sigismund to set aside arrogance and form an alliance?
6. What is the Sultan's reaction when he learns Tamburlaine is approaching Egypt? How does the Sultan feel about Zenocrate's involvement?
7. What causes Zenocrate to declare her love for Tamburlaine? How does Agydas react?
8. It is clear that Tamburlaine is admired. What/who does Tamburlaine compare himself to?
9. Why is Sigismund's body left on the battlefield?
10. How does Tamburlaine react to his new position as regent to Cosroe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Tamburlaine's ambition and ego will not allow Cosroe to take over the throne of Persia. Examine the scene in which Tamburlaine takes the crown. What is Cosroe's reaction? What is said to Cosroe? How is the event explained to the generals? What is the reaction of the generals and the soldiers? Who will remain loyal to Tamburlaine?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the personalities of Tamburlaine and Bajazeth.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the military abilities and personalities of Mycetes and Cosroe.
This section contains 1,397 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)