Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Zenocrate's father live?
2. Which is not represented by a crown?
3. Which empire is ruled by this king?
4. What does Tamburlaine plan to display to impress the Persian soldiers?
5. The Sultan is angry because Zenocrate is being kept as Tamburlaine's:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Tamburlaine disappointed in the behavior of his children?
2. What is the purpose of the crowns on Tamburlaine's dinner plate?
3. Tamburlaine asks each man to describe what action?
4. How does Tamburlaine learn about the location of the hidden treasure the Governor has offered as a bribe?
5. Sigismund is urged to break his pact with Orcanes and to join forces with Tambulaine. Who makes the plea and why?
6. How does Mycetes react when he learns that Cosroe and Theridimas have switched sides?
7. To whom does Cosroe reveal his plans to take over the throne? Who is in support of the plan?
8. How do the lords respond to Cosroe's plan? What happens after the announcement of Cosroe's intentions?
9. Why does Almeda refuse Callapine's offer of a kingdom?
10. How does Tamburlaine react to his new position as regent to Cosroe?
Tamburlaine's ambition and ego will not allow Cosroe to take over the throne of Persia. Examine the scene in which Tamburlaine takes the crown. What is Cosroe's reaction? What is said to Cosroe? How is the event explained to the generals? What is the reaction of the generals and the soldiers? Who will remain loyal to Tamburlaine?
Of Tamburlaine's three sons, only Calyphas objected to killing in battle. What was Tamburlaine's reaction to the boy's beliefs? What did Zenocrate think of Calyphas' objections? Was Calyphas able to hide his disapproval? Of what was Calyphas afraid? Did Calyphas' predictions come true?
In the beginning, Zenocrate loathed Tamburlaine. What physical assaults were thrust upon Zenocrate? Why did Tamburlaine insist on Zenocrate's imprisonment? When did Zenocrate's feelings begin to change? How was Zenocrate able to forgive Tamburlaine after he destroyed Damascus? What was the Sultan's view of the relationship?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)