|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tamburlaine is criticized for what trait?
2. Tamburlaine compares himself to who/what?
(a) Ancient Greek gods.
(b) The wind.
(c) A mighty stallion.
(d) Atilla the Hun.
3. Cosroe considers Tamburlaine to be a powerful:
4. Which of the following describes Bajazeth's children?
(a) 4 sons, 3 daughters.
(b) 3 sons
(c) 1 son, 3 daughters.
(d) 2 daughters.
5. Mycetes believes Tamburlaine will become:
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is being held prisoner in Tamburlaine's jail?
2. Who suggests the negative side of Tamburlaine's army?
3. Who is not present during the conversation between Cosroe and Tamburlaine?
4. Who/what serves as witness to the new agreement?
5. Tamburlaine intends to conquer every territory to what region?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of creating a Part Two to the play?
2. What is the purpose of Tamburlaine's treatment of Bajazeth and Zabina?
3. What has prevented Tamburlaine from crowning Zenocrate an empress?
4. What is the outcome of the attempt to offer the city's ruler the chance to surrender?
5. How do Zenocrate and Zabina react to the battle between their men?
6. Why is it important for Orcanes and Sigismund to set aside arrogance and form an alliance?
7. Why does Mycetes hide his crown? From whom is he hiding it?
8. What is a basso? What is the purpose of sending one to Tamburlaine?
9. How do Callapine and the other kings react upon receiving the news about Tamburlaine's army?
10. What is Zenocrate's attitude toward Tamburlaine? Why does she swear her loyalty to him?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)