|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who approaches Tamburlaine on behalf of Persia?
2. What will Tamburlaine's new title be?
(c) Chief of Staff.
3. Where are the remains of the peace offering displayed?
(a) On the banquet table.
(b) In the courtyard.
(c) In Tamburlaine's trophy case.
(d) On the walls of the city.
4. How many soldiers arrive to confront Tamburlaine?
5. What item does Mycetes decide to hide?
(a) Holy Grail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What trait does the new emperor claim to have that the old one did not?
2. Mycetes believes war to be:
3. Tamburlaine compares himself to who/what?
4. How is the basso received?
5. At the end of this scene, Mycetes is surprised that the item was not...
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Callapine and the other kings react upon receiving the news about Tamburlaine's army?
2. What is the purpose of the crowns on Tamburlaine's dinner plate?
3. Why does Tamburlaine mock the kings after they are captured?
4. What is the purpose for the visits from Theridimas, Techelles, and Usumcasane?
5. How does the Governor react when Tamburlaine and others urge him to surrender?
6. What is the Sultan's reaction when he learns Tamburlaine is approaching Egypt? How does the Sultan feel about Zenocrate's involvement?
7. It is clear that Tamburlaine is admired. What/who does Tamburlaine compare himself to?
8. What is Tamburlaine's belief regarding his quest to capture Persia and other important territories?
9. What are Mycetes thoughts on war?
10. Why does Mycetes ask Cosroe to speak instead of holding the conference himself?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)