|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an alternate title for the Sultan?
2. The king attempts to negotiate with Tamburlaine on what item?
(d) The slave Zenocrate.
3. The Sultan vows to free which prisoner?
4. Tamburlaine originally says that his love for Zenocrate is:
(b) A ploy.
5. What is the purpose of the treaty?
(a) To steal gold from Bajazeth.
(b) To assume the Sultan's role in Egypt.
(c) To defeat Tamburlaine.
(d) To conquer Persia.
Short Answer Questions
1. To which of these is Tamburlaine not compared?
2. Who wants to claim the throne?
3. What does Tamburlaine promise to Zenocrate?
4. Where does Tamburlaine intend to take Zenocrate?
5. Tamburlaine compares himself to who/what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Calyphas to proclaim his eagerness to kill?
2. What has prevented Tamburlaine from crowning Zenocrate an empress?
3. How do the lords respond to Cosroe's plan? What happens after the announcement of Cosroe's intentions?
4. How is Callapine introduced in this scene? What are his intentions?
5. Olympia kills her son and attempts to kill herself to save from being tortured. Why is Olympia not allowed to die?
6. How does the Governor react when Tamburlaine and others urge him to surrender?
7. What is the purpose of creating a Part Two to the play?
8. What is Olympia's reason for refusing Theridimas and his offer of making her a queen?
9. Why does Calyphas refuse to fight? What does Calyphas do instead?
10. How does Bajazeth react to the news that Tamburlaine intends to challenge his rule over the Turkish Empire?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)