|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item does Mycetes decide to hide?
(c) Holy Grail.
2. Tamburlaine compares himself to who/what?
(a) Ancient Greek gods.
(b) The wind.
(c) A mighty stallion.
(d) Atilla the Hun.
3. What object does Tamburlaine use to feed Bajazeth?
4. Who proposes peace talks instead of war?
(a) King of Arabia.
5. How does Zenocrate's partner die?
(a) Eaten by lions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tamburlaine is urged not to move forward into what country?
2. What country is threatened with invasion?
3. What is the peace offering?
4. Who are common targets in war?
5. During what era was the play written?
Short Essay Questions
1. What final words of advice does Tamburlaine give to Amyras?
2. Sigismund is urged to break his pact with Orcanes and to join forces with Tambulaine. Who makes the plea and why?
3. What is Callapine's plan for escape from the jail?
4. How does Bajazeth react to the news that Tamburlaine intends to challenge his rule over the Turkish Empire?
5. What is a basso? What is the purpose of sending one to Tamburlaine?
6. What spurs on Callapine's conviction to humiliate and kill Tamburlaine?
7. Why does Calyphas refuse to fight? What does Calyphas do instead?
8. What is the purpose of Tamburlaine's treatment of Bajazeth and Zabina?
9. What is the purpose of creating a Part Two to the play?
10. How is Callapine introduced in this scene? What are his intentions?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)