|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Zenocrate discuss her feelings toward Tamburlaine?
(a) Other slave.
(b) Lady in waiting.
(d) Loyal servant.
2. Who proclaims support for Cosroe?
3. Sigismund comes from what country?
4. What is a "basso?"
(b) Type of serving dish.
(d) Small horse.
5. What are Zenocrate's servants threatened with if they do not swear loyalty?
(c) Public humiliation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will be Cosroe's new title?
2. Zenocrate is told that Tamburlaine thinks only of:
3. What is an alternate title for the Sultan?
4. How many crowns adorn Tamburlaine's plate?
5. Who are the two parties involved in peace talks?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Tamburlaine introduced into the story?
2. Why does Tamburlaine tell his sons to cease mourning? Where should they focus their attentions?
3. What is the purpose of Tamburlaine's treatment of Bajazeth and Zabina?
4. Why is it important for Orcanes and Sigismund to set aside arrogance and form an alliance?
5. How do Callapine and the other kings react upon receiving the news about Tamburlaine's army?
6. To whom does Cosroe reveal his plans to take over the throne? Who is in support of the plan?
7. It is clear that Tamburlaine is admired. What/who does Tamburlaine compare himself to?
8. What is the purpose of the crowns on Tamburlaine's dinner plate?
9. What is Callapine's plan if he is successful in escaping from Tamburlaine's jail?
10. Who approaches Tamburlaine from Persia? What is the agreement struck between the two men?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)