|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many soldiers arrive to confront Tamburlaine?
2. Tamburlaine is accused of being a:
(c) Holy man.
3. What does Tamburlaine plan to display to impress the Persian soldiers?
(a) Number of armed soldiers.
(d) Battle armor.
4. Who informs Tamburlaine that he will be unable to fulfill his mission?
5. Zenocrate is told that Tamburlaine thinks only of:
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Sigismund pray?
2. The king attempts to negotiate with Tamburlaine on what item?
3. What is the name of Bajazeth's wife?
4. Which of the lords speaks out against Tamburlaine?
5. Who finds the item?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Callapine's plan if he is successful in escaping from Tamburlaine's jail?
2. Olympia kills her son and attempts to kill herself to save from being tortured. Why is Olympia not allowed to die?
3. What is the reaction of the Sultan when Tamburlaine says he can remain in the royal court as a regent?
4. Why does Almeda refuse Callapine's offer of a kingdom?
5. What does Tamburlaine mean when he claims that wounds mean nothing? How does he prove it?
6. What is a sign of strength according to Bajazeth? What promotes Zabina's worth?
7. How does Tamburlaine learn about the location of the hidden treasure the Governor has offered as a bribe?
8. Why is Amyras upset with his father? What is Tamburlaine's response?
9. What is the purpose of Tamburlaine's treatment of Bajazeth and Zabina?
10. What final words of advice does Tamburlaine give to Amyras?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)