|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who informs Tamburlaine that he will be unable to fulfill his mission?
2. Where are Bajazeth and Zabina being held?
(a) In a cage.
(b) In a pit.
(c) In a shack.
(d) In the dungeon.
3. Who proclaims support for Cosroe?
4. What is Theridimas' title?
5. What mode of transportation do the potential allies use?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mycetes offers what to the one that kills the traitors?
2. Where does Zenocrate's father live?
3. Who is the prisoner's mother?
4. What is the name of Bajazeth's wife?
5. The Sultan is angry because Zenocrate is being kept as Tamburlaine's:
Short Essay Questions
1. To what does Callapine compare Tamburlaine's pride? Why does Callapine use that particular metaphor?
2. What is the purpose of Tamburlaine's treatment of Bajazeth and Zabina?
3. What has prevented Tamburlaine from crowning Zenocrate an empress?
4. What is the Sultan's reaction when he learns Tamburlaine is approaching Egypt? How does the Sultan feel about Zenocrate's involvement?
5. Sigismund is urged to break his pact with Orcanes and to join forces with Tambulaine. Who makes the plea and why?
6. Why does Calyphas refuse to fight? What does Calyphas do instead?
7. What is Cosroe's reaction to the defeat of Mycetes?
8. How do Zenocrate and Zabina react to the battle between their men?
9. What suggestion does Meander make to Mycetes in light of the defection?
10. Why does Tamburlaine tell his sons to cease mourning? Where should they focus their attentions?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)