|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the lords speaks out against Tamburlaine?
2. How many crowns adorn Tamburlaine's plate?
3. Why is Mycetes mocked?
(a) For being ineffectual.
(b) For oversleeping.
(c) For not seeing the enemy's weakness.
(d) For concentrating too much on war.
4. The king attempts to negotiate with Tamburlaine on what item?
(c) The slave Zenocrate.
5. What item does Mycetes decide to hide?
(d) Holy Grail.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of this scene, Mycetes is surprised that the item was not...
2. Who approaches Tamburlaine on behalf of Persia?
3. Mycetes offers what to the one that kills the traitors?
4. Which empire is ruled by this king?
5. Who is approached regarding a potential escape?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Calyphas refuse to fight? What does Calyphas do instead?
2. Tamburlaine asks each man to describe what action?
3. How does the Governor react when Tamburlaine and others urge him to surrender?
4. How is Callapine introduced in this scene? What are his intentions?
5. What is the purpose of Tamburlaine's treatment of Bajazeth and Zabina?
6. What is Callapine's plan if he is successful in escaping from Tamburlaine's jail?
7. It is clear that Tamburlaine is admired. What/who does Tamburlaine compare himself to?
8. What is a sign of strength according to Bajazeth? What promotes Zabina's worth?
9. How is Tamburlaine introduced into the story?
10. What is Cosroe's reaction to the defeat of Mycetes?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)