|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Zenocrate's servants threatened with if they do not swear loyalty?
(a) Public humiliation.
2. What will Tamburlaine's new title be?
(d) Chief of Staff.
3. Who approaches Tamburlaine on behalf of Persia?
4. Who is being held prisoner in Tamburlaine's jail?
(a) King of Arabia.
5. How many children does Bajazeth have?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Sultan is angry because Zenocrate is being kept as Tamburlaine's:
2. Who makes the comment that Tamburlaine seems to be in love?
3. Who are the two parties involved in peace talks?
4. Zenocrate is told that Tamburlaine thinks only of:
5. What is the name of Bajazeth's son?
Short Essay Questions
1. Olympia kills her son and attempts to kill herself to save from being tortured. Why is Olympia not allowed to die?
2. Why is Tamburlaine disappointed in the behavior of his children?
3. What does Tamburlaine mean when he claims that wounds mean nothing? How does he prove it?
4. What spurs on Callapine's conviction to humiliate and kill Tamburlaine?
5. What is the purpose of creating a Part Two to the play?
6. What is the reaction of the Sultan when Tamburlaine says he can remain in the royal court as a regent?
7. Sigismund is urged to break his pact with Orcanes and to join forces with Tambulaine. Who makes the plea and why?
8. Why does Tamburlaine admonish one of the kings for saying that Amyras is cruel?
9. How does Bajazeth react to the news that Tamburlaine intends to challenge his rule over the Turkish Empire?
10. What final words of advice does Tamburlaine give to Amyras?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)