|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Callapine announces his plans for:
(a) A new army.
(b) A new kingdom.
(c) A celebratory feast.
2. Tamburlaine admonishes one of the kings and orders him to be:
3. How do the kings celebrate?
(c) Military games.
(d) Wine and women.
4. How are the city's leaders killed?
5. Zenocrate tells her sons that they must do what?
(a) Slay their enemies.
(b) Protect their grandfather.
(c) Emulate their father.
(d) Be happy.
6. The item is supposed to do what?
(a) Create a magical force field.
(b) Make someone fall in love with you.
(c) Repel any attack.
(d) Heal wounds instantly.
7. Almeda comments that since Tamburlaine has been named king, he has...
(a) Changed the face of the world.
(b) Amounted to nothing.
(c) Struck fear into the hearts of men.
(d) Became vain and careless.
8. How does Tamburlaine punish Calyphas?
(a) Tamburlaine sends Calyphas home.
(b) Tamburlaine stabs Calyphas.
(c) Tamburlaine orders soldiers to arrest Calyphas.
(d) Tamburlaine disowns Calyphas.
9. Which of these things is not one of Olympia's complaints?
(b) Terrible food.
(c) Theridimas' attentions.
(d) No means of committing suicide.
10. Calyphas complains about what kind of noise?
(a) Trumpet blasts.
(d) Horse's hooves.
11. What are the soldiers given as gifts to celebrate their victory?
(a) Silver swords.
(c) Women and riches.
(d) New horses.
12. Music from what instrument precedes Theridimas' arrival?
13. Callapine predicts that Tamburlaine will soon encounter:
(a) Vengeance for Bajazeth.
(b) The wrath of God.
(d) A disastrous fate.
14. Sigismund is wounded and is left to the whims of:
(a) Skills of slaves.
(b) Wild beasts.
(d) The undertaker.
15. What does Zenocrate ask for shortly before she dies?
(a) Her crown.
(b) Tamburlaine's hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is urged to surrender?
2. What city does Tamburlaine plan to conquer next?
3. What is the purpose of Theridimas' arrival?
4. There is an imminent battle with whose army?
5. What is the illness plaguing Zenocrate?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)