|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sigismund is wounded and is left to the whims of:
(b) Skills of slaves.
(c) Wild beasts.
(d) The undertaker.
2. What act could bring dishonor on Tamburlaine?
(a) Not being buried.
(b) Losing to a much smaller army.
(c) Being drawn and quartered in a public place.
(d) Losing all of his allies and riches.
3. What city does Tamburlaine plan to conquer next?
4. How does Tamburlaine prove that wounds mean nothing?
(a) He strikes one of the boys.
(b) He cuts his arm.
(c) He kills a slave.
(d) He tells a story of one of his battles.
5. Tamburlaine claims he will stop fighting when what event occurs?
(a) Until he is proclaimed to be a god.
(b) Until all lands are conquered.
(c) Earth stops revolving.
(d) Until he dies.
6. The beauty of what item is commented on?
(c) Tamburlaine's chariot.
7. Which of the sons fears death?
8. Tamburlaine wishes for:
(b) His regents.
(c) A sword.
9. Almeda comments that since Tamburlaine has been named king, he has...
(a) Amounted to nothing.
(b) Struck fear into the hearts of men.
(c) Changed the face of the world.
(d) Became vain and careless.
10. What happens to the ruler?
(a) He hides from the enemy.
(b) He dies.
(c) He arranges for help.
(d) He defeats the invaders.
11. Callapine announces his plans for:
(a) A new army.
(c) A new kingdom.
(d) A celebratory feast.
12. How many children do Tamburlaine and Zenocrate have?
13. Calyphas complains about what kind of noise?
(a) Horse's hooves.
(d) Trumpet blasts.
14. How is Zenocrate's body transported?
(a) Pall bearers.
(b) Team of oxen.
(c) Horse and carriage.
15. Callpine predicts that Tamburlaine will soon wear what?
(a) Badge of shame.
(c) The smell of defeat.
(d) A prison uniform.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Sigismund confer?
2. Which is not a name of one of the children?
3. Music from what instrument precedes Theridimas' arrival?
4. Zenocrate tells her sons that they must do what?
5. What about Calyphas does Tamburlaine say is "weak?"
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)