|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the wife not allowed to die?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is a witch.
(c) She knows the secrets of the kingdom.
(d) Theridimas is in love with her.
2. Which of the sons fears death?
3. How are the city's leaders killed?
4. Orcanes' allies are affiliated with what group?
5. Tamburlaine claims that what/who will be embarrassed for Orcanes?
(a) The world.
(c) Orcanes' children.
6. Tamburlaine wishes for:
(b) A sword.
(c) His regents.
7. Where is Olympia stabbed?
8. The wife urges her husband to do what?
(a) Barricade the city walls.
(d) Send for help.
9. Callapine compares Tamburlaine's pride to the:
10. Who is Callapine's chief ally?
(b) King of Hungary.
(c) King of Amasia.
11. Which of these things is not one of Olympia's complaints?
(a) No means of committing suicide.
(b) Terrible food.
(c) Theridimas' attentions.
12. How does Tamburlaine prove that wounds mean nothing?
(a) He kills a slave.
(b) He cuts his arm.
(c) He tells a story of one of his battles.
(d) He strikes one of the boys.
13. Orcanes proclaims the victory represents:
(b) Blessings of the gods.
(c) Strength and cunning.
14. What city does Tamburlaine plan to conquer next?
15. What happens to the ruler?
(a) He hides from the enemy.
(b) He arranges for help.
(c) He dies.
(d) He defeats the invaders.
Short Answer Questions
1. Callapine vows to kill Tamburlaine as payment for what crime?
2. Which king wants to give the city the chance to surrender?
3. Which is not a name of one of the children?
4. What about Calyphas does Tamburlaine say is "weak?"
5. What rebellious animal was subdued?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)