|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following describes Bajazeth's children?
(a) 4 sons, 3 daughters.
(b) 3 sons
(c) 1 son, 3 daughters.
(d) 2 daughters.
2. Tamburlaine plans to treat Bajazeth as what?
(a) A footstool.
(b) A slave.
(c) A stable boy.
(d) An adviser.
3. Tamburlaine intends to conquer every territory to what region?
(a) South pole.
(b) The Atlantic Ocean.
(c) North Pole.
4. Who is Zenocrate's father?
(a) King of France.
(b) Sultan of Egypt.
(d) Sultan of Saudi Arabia.
5. What does Tamburlaine promise to Zenocrate?
(a) To give her many children.
(b) To release her in Egypt.
(c) To make her an empress.
(d) To provide her with riches and jewels.
6. What cry is heard as the soldiers venture forth?
(a) Move out!
(b) To the trenches!
(c) God save the King!
(d) We shall overcome!
7. Who does the Sultan approach as a potential ally?
(a) King of Greece.
(d) King of Arabia.
8. Who are common targets in war?
9. Tamburlaine reiterates his oath to remain:
10. What is a "basso?"
(c) Type of serving dish.
(d) Small horse.
11. Where are the remains of the peace offering displayed?
(a) In the courtyard.
(b) On the banquet table.
(c) On the walls of the city.
(d) In Tamburlaine's trophy case.
12. Who are the two parties involved in peace talks?
(a) Callapine and Tamburlaine.
(b) Tamburlaine and the Sultan.
(c) Orcanes and Sigismund.
(d) Orcanes and Callapine.
13. How does Zenocrate's partner die?
(d) Eaten by lions.
14. Who approaches Tamburlaine on behalf of Persia?
15. What mode of transportation do the potential allies use?
Short Answer Questions
1. Tamburlaine considers what emotion to be feminine?
2. What is the purpose of the treaty?
3. What trait does the new emperor claim to have that the old one did not?
4. Which area is not among those Tamburlaine intends to conquer?
5. How is the basso received?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)