|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sigismund comes from what country?
2. Where does Tamburlaine intend to take Zenocrate?
3. What is the purpose of the treaty?
(a) To steal gold from Bajazeth.
(b) To conquer Persia.
(c) To assume the Sultan's role in Egypt.
(d) To defeat Tamburlaine.
4. Who suggests the negative side of Tamburlaine's army?
5. Mycetes offers what to the one that kills the traitors?
(a) Threat of slavery.
(b) Pep talk.
(c) Positions in the court.
6. To whom does Sigismund pray?
7. Which is not represented by a crown?
8. How many children does Bajazeth have?
9. How is the basso received?
(a) With derision.
(b) With respect.
(c) With mercy.
(d) With contempt.
10. Who is the brother to Mycetes?
11. During what era was the play written?
(b) Middle Ages.
12. Tamburlaine originally says that his love for Zenocrate is:
(d) A ploy.
13. What other region does this king intend to conquer?
(b) Ottoman Empire.
14. Who is the prisoner's mother?
15. What are Zenocrate's servants threatened with if they do not swear loyalty?
(a) Public humiliation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tamburlaine compares himself to who/what?
2. Who is Almeda?
3. To which god is Tamburlaine compared?
4. How does Zenocrate's partner die?
5. Which area is not among those Tamburlaine intends to conquer?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)