|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who proposes peace talks instead of war?
(c) King of Arabia.
2. How many crowns adorn Tamburlaine's plate?
3. What is the name of Bajazeth's son?
4. What does Tamburlaine promise to Zenocrate?
(a) To release her in Egypt.
(b) To make her an empress.
(c) To give her many children.
(d) To provide her with riches and jewels.
5. Where does Tamburlaine intend to take Zenocrate?
6. Which king is mentioned first in this scene?
7. Who informs Tamburlaine that he will be unable to fulfill his mission?
8. Who are common targets in war?
9. Who is the King of Persia?
10. Who are the two parties involved in peace talks?
(a) Orcanes and Callapine.
(b) Tamburlaine and the Sultan.
(c) Callapine and Tamburlaine.
(d) Orcanes and Sigismund.
11. Which of the lords speaks out against Tamburlaine?
12. What is the purpose of the treaty?
(a) To conquer Persia.
(b) To steal gold from Bajazeth.
(c) To defeat Tamburlaine.
(d) To assume the Sultan's role in Egypt.
13. With whom does Zenocrate discuss her feelings toward Tamburlaine?
(a) Lady in waiting.
(b) Loyal servant.
(d) Other slave.
14. Who will receive the crowns of Bajazeth's regents?
(a) Theridimas and Menaphon.
(b) Meander and Techelles.
(c) Theridimas and Techelles.
(d) Mycetes and Bajazeth.
15. Tamburlaine is advancing toward what territory?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sends a peace offering to Tamburlaine?
2. During what era was the play written?
3. Who informs Mycetes of the betrayal?
4. Who is Almeda?
5. How many children does Bajazeth have?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)