Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Part 1, Act 1, Scene 1 Abstract
* Emperor Mycetes asks his brother, Cosroe to deliver a speech for him.
* Cosroe delivers the speech thinking that Mycetes is ineffectual
* Persia is going to be invaded by Tamburlaine
Part 1, Act 1, Scene 2 Abstract
* Mycetes instructs Theridimas, a valiant general, to confront and kill Tamburlaine
* Cosroe usurps the throne from Mycetes
Part 1, Act 2, Scenes 1, 2, and 3 Abstract
This section contains 1,235 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)