|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Laura wonder as she is putting her purse away?
(a) Why the music in the church has stopped.
(b) Why it's impossible for a man to be a good man even when he's being treated like a good man.
(c) Why Essie still has such a ragged coat.
(d) If Buddy is going to leave her.
2. To what does Birdie confess?
(a) How she allowed an innocent man to go to jail for a crime committed by a man she loved.
(b) To giving up her daughter for adoption.
(c) That she wished her father dead and he dies in an accident two days later.
(d) That she slept with Buddy.
3. Where do Essie and Marietta move?
(a) No where new.
(b) To a condominium in Brooklyn.
(c) To a small house in the suburbs.
(d) To an apartment in the same building as the church.
4. Upon what does Marietta muse?
(a) How she feels less excited in CJ's arms versus Buddy's arms.
(b) That she wants to go to college like CJ.
(c) That she is afraid to walk the streets of Harlem.
(d) How she doesn't like being up North.
5. To what does Buddy admit?
(a) Taking 100 dollars from Laura's purse.
(b) Fathering a child with a young white woman.
(c) Taking his new girlfriend gambling.
(d) Taking 100 dollars from Essie's purse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does CJ say he will beat up?
2. What does Essie say to Laura?
3. What does Laura do when she comes into the jail and is locked up?
4. What is Laura unable to hear from her end of the jail?
5. How does Laura see Buddy as he is coming out of the shower?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)