|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Buddy threaten Laura?
(a) That he will leave her if she keeps trying to suffocate him.
(b) By telling her if she wants to keep him around she's got to put more money into him.
(c) By threatening to clue the cops in on the gambling operation.
(d) That he is marrying the young woman if Laura does not give him 1000 dollars.
2. Where are Marietta and CJ?
(a) In a park.
(b) At the apartment.
(c) In the church.
(d) At CJ's apartment.
3. What does Essie imagine doing with the church?
(a) Closing it in a year's time.
(b) Inviting a real minister to serve there.
(c) Making it legal.
(d) Essie is making plans for establishing a day care center in the church and doing other forms of good.
4. Why is Laura unhappy about Birdie Lee?
(a) She has to go to the bathroom too much.
(b) She is no longer playing the drums.
(c) She is flirting with Buddy.
(d) She is taking too much attention away from Laura.
5. Why does Laura say she's going to put her purse in Essie's coat pocket?
(a) So Laura doesn't leave it in the church again like last night.
(b) To hide it from CJ.
(c) To keep it safe.
(d) So Essie can get some money out of it for subway fare.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do CJ and Marietta want to do after the church service?
2. Why does Laura threaten Buddy?
3. How does Laura feel towards Essie?
4. What is Laura now doing at Buddy's suggestion?
5. When Laura is alone, upon what does she reflect?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)