|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Laura unhappy about Birdie Lee?
(a) She has to go to the bathroom too much.
(b) She is taking too much attention away from Laura.
(c) She is no longer playing the drums.
(d) She is flirting with Buddy.
2. Why does Laura say she's going to put her purse in Essie's coat pocket?
(a) So Essie can get some money out of it for subway fare.
(b) To hide it from CJ.
(c) To keep it safe.
(d) So Laura doesn't leave it in the church again like last night.
3. What doesn't Essie miss?
(a) The screams and sirens in Harlem.
(b) The drugs on the streets.
(c) The gangs on the streets.
(d) The smell of alcohol.
4. What does Laura do with all her money before she came to jail?
(a) Gave it to Marty.
(b) Gave it to Marietta.
(c) Put it all in the church's account.
(d) Hid it where no one can find it.
5. What has Birdie Lee done?
(a) Birdie Lee has come to see Essie, and has brought a lawyer.
(b) Sworn on the Bible that she is telling the truth.
(c) Paid a private investigator to find out the truth about Buddy.
(d) Gotten the entire congregation to picket the jail.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits Essie in jail?
2. What does Buddy ask for after showering?
3. For what is Buddy hungry?
4. About what does Laura complain?
5. What does Laura hear two women saying about Buddy?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)