|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Laura unhappy about Birdie Lee?
(a) She has to go to the bathroom too much.
(b) She is taking too much attention away from Laura.
(c) She is flirting with Buddy.
(d) She is no longer playing the drums.
2. What has Birdie Lee done?
(a) Sworn on the Bible that she is telling the truth.
(b) Paid a private investigator to find out the truth about Buddy.
(c) Gotten the entire congregation to picket the jail.
(d) Birdie Lee has come to see Essie, and has brought a lawyer.
3. What does Laura suggest about Marietta?
(a) That Essie try to get CJ to propose marriage.
(b) That Marietta is seeing Buddy on the sly.
(c) That she be sent back to the South to protect her morals.
(d) That Marietta is as loose as Laura is.
4. What is Laura unable to hear from her end of the jail?
(a) Essie singing a song of praise.
(b) Essie weeping bitterly.
(c) A crowd chanting for her execution.
(d) Essie praying fervently for Laura's soul.
5. Who do the police arrest?
(d) A man hiding behind the garbage dump outside.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits Essie in jail?
2. What doesn't Essie miss?
3. What does Laura collect for each lucky text?
4. Why is Buddy angry with Laura?
5. Why does Laura threaten Buddy?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)