|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Laura do when she comes into the jail and is locked up?
(a) She does not say a word.
(b) She apologizes, confesses to killing Buddy, and asks for forgiveness.
(c) She screams "Murderer" at Essie.
(d) She says she is innocent, but so is Essie.
2. To what does Buddy admit?
(a) Taking his new girlfriend gambling.
(b) Taking 100 dollars from Essie's purse.
(c) Fathering a child with a young white woman.
(d) Taking 100 dollars from Laura's purse.
3. Why does Laura say she's going to put her purse in Essie's coat pocket?
(a) To hide it from CJ.
(b) So Essie can get some money out of it for subway fare.
(c) So Laura doesn't leave it in the church again like last night.
(d) To keep it safe.
4. What does Essie say to Laura?
(a) She does not say anything.
(b) She hopes she rots in hell.
(c) She hopes Laura will accept Jesus into her heart.
(d) Laura has been her friend, and that she'll make sure Laura gets a lawyer.
5. Who seems smitten with Marietta?
(b) The white beat cop.
(c) Most of the congregation.
(d) A young, black lawyer who just moved in down the street.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Laura see Buddy as he is coming out of the shower?
2. Why does Laura threaten Buddy?
3. What does Buddy shout out?
4. Who is the woman that Laura calls a "bitch"?
5. What does Marietta do at the church?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)