|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Laura collect for each lucky text?
(a) A quarter.
(b) Three pennies.
(d) A dime.
2. How does Buddy see Laura?
(a) As a woman past her prime.
(b) As a beautiful cup of coffee with cream.
(c) As the light of his life.
(d) As being too soft, too sweet, and about to melt like chocolate.
3. What sustains Essie in the jail cell?
(a) Her faith.
(b) Her belief that the police will find the real culprit.
(c) Her daughter.
(d) Her knowledge that she did not kill Buddy.
4. What is likely foreshadowed in the scene between Buddy and Laura in Chapter 27?
(a) A possible reconciliation.
(b) Nothing out of the ordinary.
(d) Serious trouble in their relationship.
5. Who is the woman that Laura calls a "bitch"?
(a) The daughter of a former friend of Laura's.
(b) A friend of Marietta's.
(c) A talented singer whom Marty is bankrolling in the belief that she'll have a great career.
(d) A new girl up from Georgia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does CJ say he will beat up?
2. What rumor is going around about Buddy?
3. What angers Laura as she arrives at the church?
4. What doesn't Essie miss?
5. To what does Birdie confess?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)