|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often does Essie go to church?
(a) Twice a week.
(c) On Sundays.
(d) Three times a week.
2. While Buddy is kissing her, what does Laura do?
(a) Kicks him in the groin.
(b) Stabs him in the back.
(c) Bites his lip.
3. What does Birdie Lee say about generosity?
(a) That the church can avoid a lawyer because of Essie's generosity.
(b) How generous Essie was to her when they first met.
(c) How Laura though generous has a mean streak.
(d) That generosity well-placed is well rewarded.
4. What doesn't Essie miss?
(a) The drugs on the streets.
(b) The gangs on the streets.
(c) The screams and sirens in Harlem.
(d) The smell of alcohol.
5. What does Laura hear two women saying about Buddy?
(a) That he has secretly married a woman much younger than he.
(b) That he has left New York.
(c) That he has taken over the west side gambling.
(d) That a handsome man like him is a "cross to bear" for the woman in his life.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Laura is getting into her robes, who does she want to come see her?
2. What does Laura give Buddy for his birthday?
3. Who is the woman that Laura calls a "bitch"?
4. What has Birdie Lee done?
5. Who do the police arrest?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)