|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does CJ want?
(a) To become a preacher.
(b) To marry Marietta.
(c) To make love to Marietta.
(d) To date other women.
2. In what is Laura most interested?
(a) Moving out of Harlem.
(b) Laura is imagining all the things she can do with all the money she can bring in if she plays the numbers racket as Buddy suggested.
3. Who does Laura accuse of killing Buddy?
(b) An unknown robber.
4. How does Buddy see Laura?
(a) As being too soft, too sweet, and about to melt like chocolate.
(b) As a woman past her prime.
(c) As a beautiful cup of coffee with cream.
(d) As the light of his life.
5. What angers Laura as she arrives at the church?
(a) That the flowers have not been put on the altar.
(b) That CJ and Marietta are smooching in Laura's dressing room.
(c) That Buddy's car is not there and Birdie Lee is singing beautifully.
(d) That Essie is not there.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Marietta come to live with Essie?
2. What does Marietta do at the church?
3. What do CJ and Marietta want to do after the church service?
4. What does Essie imagine doing with the church?
5. Who does CJ say he will beat up?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)