|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon what does Marietta muse?
(a) That she wants to go to college like CJ.
(b) How she feels less excited in CJ's arms versus Buddy's arms.
(c) How she doesn't like being up North.
(d) That she is afraid to walk the streets of Harlem.
2. About what does Laura complain?
(a) That the drums always stop just before she's about to make her entrance.
(b) That Birdie Lee is not up to her usual standards of playing.
(c) That Marietta has talked about Laura meanly behind her back.
(d) That CJ isn't loud enough with the "Amen's."
3. What is the tone of his asking?
4. How does Laura see Buddy as he is coming out of the shower?
(a) As a man past his prime.
(b) As getting a little flabby.
(c) Hard and strong and sexy.
(d) As handsome as the day they met.
5. For what is Buddy hungry?
(a) A rare steak.
(b) Collard greens, Southern style.
(c) A tuna sandwich.
(d) A plate of Southern fried chicken.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Buddy angry with Laura?
2. To what does Buddy admit?
3. What does Essie imagine doing with the church?
4. About what does CJ seem surprised?
5. What is likely foreshadowed in the scene between Buddy and Laura in Chapter 27?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)