|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Laura threaten Buddy?
(a) Because she doesn't want him to hurt Marietta.
(b) Because he borrowed some money from her and has not paid it back.
(c) Because she thinks he plans to let Marty take over the church.
(d) Because she is jealous that he is trying to seduce Marietta.
2. How does Buddy see Laura?
(a) As a beautiful cup of coffee with cream.
(b) As a woman past her prime.
(c) As being too soft, too sweet, and about to melt like chocolate.
(d) As the light of his life.
3. Who seems smitten with Marietta?
(a) Most of the congregation.
(c) The white beat cop.
(d) A young, black lawyer who just moved in down the street.
4. Who sees Laura stabbing Buddy?
(d) Birdie Lee.
5. About what is Essie concerned?
(a) Marietta's pregnancy.
(b) Laura's health.
(c) Laura's alcohol consumption.
(d) Laura's spending habits.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has Essie asked to come by and visit?
2. What happens when Buddy speaks crudely about how young the "bitch" is?
3. Why is Buddy angry with Laura?
4. Who does Laura accuse of killing Buddy?
5. What does Laura do when she comes into the jail and is locked up?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)