|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Laura is getting into her robes, who does she want to come see her?
(a) Birdie Lee.
2. What do CJ and Marietta want to do after the church service?
(a) Go to some friends' home for board games.
(b) Go to the movies.
(c) Go get hamburgers.
(d) Go to the Jazz festival.
3. What does Essie wish she had stopped Laura from doing?
(a) From lying about the knife.
(b) From being so free and ostentatious with money.
(c) From giving gambling tips in the sermons.
(d) From avoiding being saved.
4. What happens when Buddy speaks crudely about how young the "bitch" is?
(a) Laura starts crying.
(b) Laura tells Buddy to leave the church and never return.
(c) Laura screams curse words at Buddy.
(d) Laura becomes very calm.
5. To what does Essie compare her fear at this time?
(a) The fear of dying.
(b) The time she was locked in a dark cellar for a day and half and she survives.
(c) Christ's fear in the Garden of Gethsemane the night before his crucifixion.
(d) The fear that Marietta would die when she was really ill at age 6.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laura give Buddy for his birthday?
2. Who spends less time at the apartment after Marietta moves in?
3. What does Marietta do at the church?
4. How does Laura feel towards Essie?
5. What does Buddy ask for after showering?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)