|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Laura and Buddy believe about Essie?
(a) That she is embezzling money from the church.
(b) That she actually believes what Laura preaches.
(c) That she is keeping others from buying the holy water.
(d) That she is becoming too holy.
2. What has Birdie Lee done?
(a) Gotten the entire congregation to picket the jail.
(b) Birdie Lee has come to see Essie, and has brought a lawyer.
(c) Sworn on the Bible that she is telling the truth.
(d) Paid a private investigator to find out the truth about Buddy.
3. About what does CJ seem surprised?
(a) When Marietta says she wants to be a writer.
(b) When Marietta says she is moving back to the South.
(c) When Marietta says she loves him.
(d) When CJ learns he is accepted into Columbia University.
4. Where are Marietta and CJ?
(a) In the church.
(b) At CJ's apartment.
(c) At the apartment.
(d) In a park.
5. When Buddy comes in, what does he say about Marty?
(a) That Marty wants a bigger take.
(b) How happy Marty is that business with the Lucky Texts is making so much money.
(c) That Marty has been murdered.
(d) That Marty has gotten religion.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Essie get to the church?
2. Who sees Laura stabbing Buddy?
3. Who do the police arrest?
4. What does Laura do when she comes into the jail and is locked up?
5. What is likely foreshadowed in the scene between Buddy and Laura in Chapter 27?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)