|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Essie compare her fear at this time?
(a) The fear that Marietta would die when she was really ill at age 6.
(b) The time she was locked in a dark cellar for a day and half and she survives.
(c) Christ's fear in the Garden of Gethsemane the night before his crucifixion.
(d) The fear of dying.
2. What does Laura do with all her money before she came to jail?
(a) Put it all in the church's account.
(b) Gave it to Marietta.
(c) Gave it to Marty.
(d) Hid it where no one can find it.
3. What is likely foreshadowed in the scene between Buddy and Laura in Chapter 27?
(a) A possible reconciliation.
(b) Serious trouble in their relationship.
(c) Nothing out of the ordinary.
4. What does Laura suggest about Marietta?
(a) That Essie try to get CJ to propose marriage.
(b) That Marietta is seeing Buddy on the sly.
(c) That Marietta is as loose as Laura is.
(d) That she be sent back to the South to protect her morals.
5. What does Birdie Lee say about generosity?
(a) How Laura though generous has a mean streak.
(b) That generosity well-placed is well rewarded.
(c) That the church can avoid a lawyer because of Essie's generosity.
(d) How generous Essie was to her when they first met.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what is Laura most interested?
2. For what is Buddy hungry?
3. What does Buddy shout out?
4. What does Laura do when she comes into the jail and is locked up?
5. What does Buddy's conversion do to Essie?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)