|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Buddy speaks crudely about how young the "bitch" is?
(a) Laura tells Buddy to leave the church and never return.
(b) Laura starts crying.
(c) Laura screams curse words at Buddy.
(d) Laura becomes very calm.
2. What does the visitor tell Essie?
(a) That Laura killed herself.
(b) That Birdie Lee told the police that she saw Laura kill Buddy.
(c) That the knife has Laura's fingerprints on it.
(d) That Buddy isn't dead as everyone thought and he told on Laura.
3. What does Laura collect for each lucky text?
(a) Three pennies.
(b) A dime.
(d) A quarter.
4. What does Essie imagine doing with the church?
(a) Essie is making plans for establishing a day care center in the church and doing other forms of good.
(b) Closing it in a year's time.
(c) Making it legal.
(d) Inviting a real minister to serve there.
5. How do Laura and Essie react to Buddy's obvious attraction to Marietta?
(a) They both think it's ridiculous.
(b) Laura becomes jealous, and Essie becomes protective.
(c) They are amused.
(d) They decide to watch Buddy carefully around her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What angers Laura as she arrives at the church?
2. When does Marietta come to live with Essie?
3. Who does Laura accuse of killing Buddy?
4. To what does Buddy admit?
5. Where are Marietta and CJ?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)