|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Laura suggest about Marietta?
(a) That she be sent back to the South to protect her morals.
(b) That Essie try to get CJ to propose marriage.
(c) That Marietta is seeing Buddy on the sly.
(d) That Marietta is as loose as Laura is.
2. As Laura is getting into her robes, who does she want to come see her?
(d) Birdie Lee.
3. Who sees Laura stabbing Buddy?
(a) Birdie Lee.
4. How do Laura and Essie react to Buddy's obvious attraction to Marietta?
(a) They are amused.
(b) They both think it's ridiculous.
(c) Laura becomes jealous, and Essie becomes protective.
(d) They decide to watch Buddy carefully around her.
5. What has Birdie Lee done?
(a) Paid a private investigator to find out the truth about Buddy.
(b) Gotten the entire congregation to picket the jail.
(c) Birdie Lee has come to see Essie, and has brought a lawyer.
(d) Sworn on the Bible that she is telling the truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Buddy threaten Laura?
2. Who visits Essie in jail?
3. To what does Essie compare Laura's denial?
4. What is the tone of his asking?
5. What doesn't Essie miss?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)