|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Laura threaten Buddy?
(a) Because he borrowed some money from her and has not paid it back.
(b) Because she thinks he plans to let Marty take over the church.
(c) Because she is jealous that he is trying to seduce Marietta.
(d) Because she doesn't want him to hurt Marietta.
2. When does Marietta come to live with Essie?
(a) After finishing high school.
(b) After her junior year of high school.
(c) After college.
(d) When she is 15.
3. How is Marietta described?
(a) About the same size as Essie.
(b) Very light skinned with light eyes.
(c) Large but proportionally shaped.
(d) Tiny, delicate, and beautiful.
4. About what does Laura wonder as she is putting her purse away?
(a) Why the music in the church has stopped.
(b) If Buddy is going to leave her.
(c) Why it's impossible for a man to be a good man even when he's being treated like a good man.
(d) Why Essie still has such a ragged coat.
5. How does Laura see Buddy as he is coming out of the shower?
(a) As getting a little flabby.
(b) As handsome as the day they met.
(c) As a man past his prime.
(d) Hard and strong and sexy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Buddy angry with Laura?
2. To what does Buddy admit?
3. What does Laura do when she comes into the jail and is locked up?
4. What does Laura suggest about Marietta?
5. Who does Laura accuse of killing Buddy?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)