|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Laura collect for each lucky text?
(a) A dime.
(b) Three pennies.
(d) A quarter.
2. About what is Essie concerned?
(a) Laura's spending habits.
(b) Laura's alcohol consumption.
(c) Marietta's pregnancy.
(d) Laura's health.
3. What does CJ promise to Marietta?
(a) To respect her.
(b) To not date anyone seriously.
(c) To be faithful.
(d) To never leave her.
4. About what does Laura wonder as she is putting her purse away?
(a) Why it's impossible for a man to be a good man even when he's being treated like a good man.
(b) Why the music in the church has stopped.
(c) If Buddy is going to leave her.
(d) Why Essie still has such a ragged coat.
5. What does Laura suggest about Marietta?
(a) That she be sent back to the South to protect her morals.
(b) That Essie try to get CJ to propose marriage.
(c) That Marietta is seeing Buddy on the sly.
(d) That Marietta is as loose as Laura is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Essie imagine doing with the church?
2. What is Laura now doing at Buddy's suggestion?
3. To what does Essie compare her fear at this time?
4. What does Essie wish she had stopped Laura from doing?
5. How does Laura feel towards Essie?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)