|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Buddy's conversion do to Essie?
(a) Causes her to weep tears of joy.
(b) Makes her feel cynical.
(c) Makes her willing to let Marietta date him.
(d) Sends her into a long pause.
2. What does CJ promise to Marietta?
(a) To be faithful.
(b) To never leave her.
(c) To not date anyone seriously.
(d) To respect her.
3. How is Marietta described?
(a) Very light skinned with light eyes.
(b) Large but proportionally shaped.
(c) Tiny, delicate, and beautiful.
(d) About the same size as Essie.
4. Where do Essie and Marietta move?
(a) To an apartment in the same building as the church.
(b) To a small house in the suburbs.
(c) To a condominium in Brooklyn.
(d) No where new.
5. What does Laura collect for each lucky text?
(a) A quarter.
(c) A dime.
(d) Three pennies.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Buddy comes in, what does he say about Marty?
2. What does Laura hear two women saying about Buddy?
3. Who do the police arrest?
4. What does Essie wish she had stopped Laura from doing?
5. To what does Essie compare Laura's denial?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)