|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does CJ say he will beat up?
(a) No one.
(b) Buddy for stealing from Marietta.
(c) Any man who does not respect Essie.
(d) Buddy or any man who tries to take advantage of Marietta.
2. While Buddy is kissing her, what does Laura do?
(a) Kicks him in the groin.
(c) Bites his lip.
(d) Stabs him in the back.
3. When Buddy comes in, what does he say about Marty?
(a) That Marty has been murdered.
(b) How happy Marty is that business with the Lucky Texts is making so much money.
(c) That Marty wants a bigger take.
(d) That Marty has gotten religion.
4. What angers Laura as she arrives at the church?
(a) That Essie is not there.
(b) That CJ and Marietta are smooching in Laura's dressing room.
(c) That Buddy's car is not there and Birdie Lee is singing beautifully.
(d) That the flowers have not been put on the altar.
5. What is the tone of his asking?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Laura feel towards Essie?
2. What does going "North" mean to Southern Blacks at the time of this story?
3. Upon what does Marietta muse?
4. Who has Essie asked to come by and visit?
5. Why does Laura say she's going to put her purse in Essie's coat pocket?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)