|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Birdie Lee say about generosity?
(a) That generosity well-placed is well rewarded.
(b) How Laura though generous has a mean streak.
(c) That the church can avoid a lawyer because of Essie's generosity.
(d) How generous Essie was to her when they first met.
2. What is Laura unable to hear from her end of the jail?
(a) Essie singing a song of praise.
(b) Essie praying fervently for Laura's soul.
(c) A crowd chanting for her execution.
(d) Essie weeping bitterly.
3. Who does CJ say he will beat up?
(a) Buddy or any man who tries to take advantage of Marietta.
(b) No one.
(c) Buddy for stealing from Marietta.
(d) Any man who does not respect Essie.
4. Who visits Essie in jail?
(d) Birdie Lee.
5. What does Laura collect for each lucky text?
(a) A dime.
(c) Three pennies.
(d) A quarter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Essie imagine doing with the church?
2. How does Buddy see Laura?
3. Who spends less time at the apartment after Marietta moves in?
4. To what does Birdie confess?
5. Why does Laura say she's going to put her purse in Essie's coat pocket?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)