|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Laura see Buddy as he is coming out of the shower?
(a) Hard and strong and sexy.
(b) As getting a little flabby.
(c) As handsome as the day they met.
(d) As a man past his prime.
2. What does Marietta do at the church?
(a) Plays the organ.
(b) Turns the overhead fan on hot days.
(c) Passes around the collection plate.
(d) Joins the choir.
3. What does Birdie Lee say about generosity?
(a) That the church can avoid a lawyer because of Essie's generosity.
(b) That generosity well-placed is well rewarded.
(c) How generous Essie was to her when they first met.
(d) How Laura though generous has a mean streak.
4. Who seems smitten with Marietta?
(b) The white beat cop.
(c) A young, black lawyer who just moved in down the street.
(d) Most of the congregation.
5. When Buddy comes in, what does he say about Marty?
(a) How happy Marty is that business with the Lucky Texts is making so much money.
(b) That Marty wants a bigger take.
(c) That Marty has been murdered.
(d) That Marty has gotten religion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do CJ and Marietta want to do after the church service?
2. What does Laura do when she comes into the jail and is locked up?
3. What does Essie wish she had stopped Laura from doing?
4. How does Essie get to the church?
5. What sustains Essie in the jail cell?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)