|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Essie get to the church?
(a) A ride with someone in the neighborhood.
(b) Driving her car.
(c) On the subway.
2. Who visits Essie in jail?
(b) Birdie Lee.
3. What is Marietta's response?
(a) She would love him to become a preacher.
(b) She is a nice girl with morals.
(c) She wants to marry.
(d) She thinks it's a good idea to date others.
4. What has Essie forbidden while Marietta is living with Laura and Essie?
(a) Buddy coming over at all.
(b) Buddy spending the night.
(c) Any men hanging around the house.
(d) Any alcohol in the house.
5. When Buddy comes in, what does he say about Marty?
(a) How happy Marty is that business with the Lucky Texts is making so much money.
(b) That Marty has been murdered.
(c) That Marty has gotten religion.
(d) That Marty wants a bigger take.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Buddy shout out?
2. Who spends less time at the apartment after Marietta moves in?
3. What happens when Buddy speaks crudely about how young the "bitch" is?
4. What has Birdie Lee done?
5. What does Laura hear two women saying about Buddy?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)