|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Buddy's conversion do to Essie?
(a) Causes her to weep tears of joy.
(b) Sends her into a long pause.
(c) Makes her willing to let Marietta date him.
(d) Makes her feel cynical.
2. What does Essie say to Laura?
(a) Laura has been her friend, and that she'll make sure Laura gets a lawyer.
(b) She hopes Laura will accept Jesus into her heart.
(c) She hopes she rots in hell.
(d) She does not say anything.
3. To what does Essie compare Laura's denial?
(a) To the way Christ was denied by Saint Peter.
(b) To the way her best friend in grade school denied being responsible for a window the girl broke and blames Essie.
(c) To the way Negroes are denied freedom during the era of slavery.
(d) To the way her daddy denied that Essie is his child.
4. How does Buddy see Laura?
(a) As a beautiful cup of coffee with cream.
(b) As the light of his life.
(c) As a woman past her prime.
(d) As being too soft, too sweet, and about to melt like chocolate.
5. What does Essie wish she had stopped Laura from doing?
(a) From avoiding being saved.
(b) From lying about the knife.
(c) From giving gambling tips in the sermons.
(d) From being so free and ostentatious with money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Marietta and CJ?
2. Who has Essie asked to come by and visit?
3. Who seems smitten with Marietta?
4. What does Buddy shout out?
5. How does Essie get to the church?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)