Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Laura wonder as she is putting her purse away?
(a) Why the music in the church has stopped.
(b) Why it's impossible for a man to be a good man even when he's being treated like a good man.
(c) Why Essie still has such a ragged coat.
(d) If Buddy is going to leave her.
2. To what does Birdie confess?
(a) How she allowed an innocent man to go to jail for a crime committed by a man she loved.
(b) To giving up her daughter for adoption.
(c) That she wished her father dead and he dies in an accident two days later.
(d) That she slept with Buddy.
3. Where do Essie and Marietta move?
(a) No where new.
(b) To a condominium in Brooklyn.
(c) To a small house in the suburbs.
(d) To an apartment in the same building as the church.
4. Upon what does Marietta muse?
(a) How she feels less excited in CJ's arms versus Buddy's arms.
(b) That she wants to go to college like CJ.
(c) That she is afraid to walk the streets of Harlem.
(d) How she doesn't like being up North.
5. To what does Buddy admit?
(a) Taking 100 dollars from Laura's purse.
(b) Fathering a child with a young white woman.
(c) Taking his new girlfriend gambling.
(d) Taking 100 dollars from Essie's purse.
6. Who does CJ say he will beat up?
(a) Any man who does not respect Essie.
(b) No one.
(c) Buddy or any man who tries to take advantage of Marietta.
(d) Buddy for stealing from Marietta.
7. What does Essie say to Laura?
(a) She hopes Laura will accept Jesus into her heart.
(b) Laura has been her friend, and that she'll make sure Laura gets a lawyer.
(c) She hopes she rots in hell.
(d) She does not say anything.
8. What does Laura do when she comes into the jail and is locked up?
(a) She apologizes, confesses to killing Buddy, and asks for forgiveness.
(b) She does not say a word.
(c) She screams "Murderer" at Essie.
(d) She says she is innocent, but so is Essie.
9. What is Laura unable to hear from her end of the jail?
(a) Essie praying fervently for Laura's soul.
(b) A crowd chanting for her execution.
(c) Essie singing a song of praise.
(d) Essie weeping bitterly.
10. How does Laura see Buddy as he is coming out of the shower?
(a) As a man past his prime.
(b) Hard and strong and sexy.
(c) As getting a little flabby.
(d) As handsome as the day they met.
11. Why does Laura say she's going to put her purse in Essie's coat pocket?
(a) To keep it safe.
(b) So Essie can get some money out of it for subway fare.
(c) To hide it from CJ.
(d) So Laura doesn't leave it in the church again like last night.
12. What does Laura give Buddy for his birthday?
(a) A Cadillac.
(b) A Buick.
(c) A Studebaker.
(d) A custom suit.
13. What does Essie imagine doing with the church?
(a) Making it legal.
(b) Inviting a real minister to serve there.
(c) Essie is making plans for establishing a day care center in the church and doing other forms of good.
(d) Closing it in a year's time.
14. What has Birdie Lee done?
(a) Birdie Lee has come to see Essie, and has brought a lawyer.
(b) Sworn on the Bible that she is telling the truth.
(c) Paid a private investigator to find out the truth about Buddy.
(d) Gotten the entire congregation to picket the jail.
15. What is Laura now doing at Buddy's suggestion?
(a) Implements Buddy's idea to announce gambling numbers from the stage of the church.
(b) Changes from the sale of holy water to the sale of bone chips from the disciples.
(c) Having a service three times a week.
(d) Having three services each Sunday.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Buddy ask for after showering?
2. Why is Laura unhappy about Birdie Lee?
3. What sustains Essie in the jail cell?
4. What does Birdie Lee say about generosity?
5. To what does Essie compare her fear at this time?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)