Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Marietta come to live with Essie?
(a) After college.
(b) After finishing high school.
(c) After her junior year of high school.
(d) When she is 15.
2. What has Essie forbidden while Marietta is living with Laura and Essie?
(a) Any men hanging around the house.
(b) Any alcohol in the house.
(c) Buddy spending the night.
(d) Buddy coming over at all.
3. When Buddy comes in, what does he say about Marty?
(a) That Marty has gotten religion.
(b) That Marty wants a bigger take.
(c) How happy Marty is that business with the Lucky Texts is making so much money.
(d) That Marty has been murdered.
4. About what does Laura wonder as she is putting her purse away?
(a) If Buddy is going to leave her.
(b) Why it's impossible for a man to be a good man even when he's being treated like a good man.
(c) Why the music in the church has stopped.
(d) Why Essie still has such a ragged coat.
5. How often does Essie go to church?
(b) Twice a week.
(c) On Sundays.
(d) Three times a week.
6. How does Essie get to the church?
(a) On the subway.
(c) Driving her car.
(d) A ride with someone in the neighborhood.
7. How does Laura see Buddy as he is coming out of the shower?
(a) As handsome as the day they met.
(b) As getting a little flabby.
(c) As a man past his prime.
(d) Hard and strong and sexy.
8. What does Laura hear two women saying about Buddy?
(a) That a handsome man like him is a "cross to bear" for the woman in his life.
(b) That he has secretly married a woman much younger than he.
(c) That he has taken over the west side gambling.
(d) That he has left New York.
9. What is Marietta's response?
(a) She wants to marry.
(b) She thinks it's a good idea to date others.
(c) She is a nice girl with morals.
(d) She would love him to become a preacher.
10. To what does Essie compare her fear at this time?
(a) The fear of dying.
(b) The fear that Marietta would die when she was really ill at age 6.
(c) Christ's fear in the Garden of Gethsemane the night before his crucifixion.
(d) The time she was locked in a dark cellar for a day and half and she survives.
11. What does Essie wish she had stopped Laura from doing?
(a) From being so free and ostentatious with money.
(b) From avoiding being saved.
(c) From giving gambling tips in the sermons.
(d) From lying about the knife.
12. Who does Laura accuse of killing Buddy?
(b) An unknown robber.
13. Why is Laura unhappy about Birdie Lee?
(a) She has to go to the bathroom too much.
(b) She is taking too much attention away from Laura.
(c) She is flirting with Buddy.
(d) She is no longer playing the drums.
14. Why does Laura threaten Buddy?
(a) Because she thinks he plans to let Marty take over the church.
(b) Because he borrowed some money from her and has not paid it back.
(c) Because she is jealous that he is trying to seduce Marietta.
(d) Because she doesn't want him to hurt Marietta.
15. What has Birdie Lee done?
(a) Paid a private investigator to find out the truth about Buddy.
(b) Sworn on the Bible that she is telling the truth.
(c) Gotten the entire congregation to picket the jail.
(d) Birdie Lee has come to see Essie, and has brought a lawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Laura and Buddy believe about Essie?
2. What does Buddy shout out?
3. Who do the police arrest?
4. Who visits Essie in jail?
5. About what does CJ seem surprised?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)