|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Marietta come to live with Essie?
(a) When she is 15.
(b) After college.
(c) After finishing high school.
(d) After her junior year of high school.
2. What does Laura say Essie can provide?
(a) The decorations.
(b) The preaching.
(c) The flowers.
(d) The music.
3. In what is Laura most interested?
(b) Moving out of Harlem.
(d) Laura is imagining all the things she can do with all the money she can bring in if she plays the numbers racket as Buddy suggested.
4. Over what do the women argue in Chapter 7?
(a) How to use the collection.
(b) Which Bible to buy.
(c) Laura using the money for booze.
(d) Laura ruining the church's reputation.
5. What are Laura's robes like?
(a) Tailor cut.
(b) White for purity.
(c) Brightly colored.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Buddy and Laura do as a new scarlet curtain is hung as a backdrop for the services?
2. To what does Birdie confess?
3. Where does Essie say that the spark to convert has to come from?
4. What are some of Laura's "rocks" for security?
5. What does Essie do when Laura inspires her?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)