|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would be an accurate description as to how Laura is described in Chapter 3?
(b) Attractive and sexual.
(c) Sad and homely.
(d) Joyful and meek.
2. Who visits Essie in jail?
(b) Birdie Lee.
3. In what is Laura most interested?
(b) Laura is imagining all the things she can do with all the money she can bring in if she plays the numbers racket as Buddy suggested.
(d) Moving out of Harlem.
4. Who does Laura accuse of killing Buddy?
(d) An unknown robber.
5. What happens as they pass the tambourine?
(a) It quickly fills with money.
(b) It is broken by accident.
(c) It is stolen.
(d) It is dumped along with its money into the sewer grate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Laura want to start a church?
2. What does Marietta do at the church?
3. How does Essie describe the Bible she finds?
4. Where does Essie want to open a nursery?
5. What plan do Laura and Buddy devise?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)