|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 30, 31 and 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Birdie Lee going to get?
(a) A new set of drums.
(b) A new piano.
(c) An altar.
(d) A font for the holy water.
2. What does Laura say Buddy is going to become?
(a) The new minister.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her bodyguard.
(d) Her business manager.
3. For what is Buddy hungry?
(a) A plate of Southern fried chicken.
(b) A rare steak.
(c) A tuna sandwich.
(d) Collard greens, Southern style.
4. What central conflict does this chapter set up?
(a) The conflict between the two women over who gets to preach.
(b) The conflict between two Christian doctrines.
(c) Between the two woman over a man.
(d) The quests for earthly gratification and spiritual grace.
5. What might be a theme of this story symbolically portrayed in the final lines of this chapter?
(a) That wine and church do not mix.
(b) That a bad motive can turn out positively.
(c) The self-fueling obsession with pleasure can prevent awareness of opportunities for spiritual growth.
(d) That one should suspect people who start churches without a license.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Essie and Laura described on the first day of church in their new place?
2. What does Marietta do at the church?
3. What are Essie and Laura doing at the opening of this novel?
4. How does Buddy describe Marty?
5. Who spends less time at the apartment after Marietta moves in?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)