|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 30, 31 and 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do CJ and Marietta want to do after the church service?
(a) Go get hamburgers.
(b) Go to the movies.
(c) Go to some friends' home for board games.
(d) Go to the Jazz festival.
2. What would be a general description of Laura?
(a) Tiny breasted, sincerely religious.
(b) A tall, six-foot, two-inch woman who loves sugared dates.
(c) Tiny breasted, sexual, practical, goes to AA.
(d) Large breasted, sexual, sensual, and fond of her liquor.
3. Approximately when does Chapter 19 take place?
(a) Ten years after Laura and Essie set up their church.
(b) Just less than a year since Laura and Essie set up their church.
(c) It is a flashback to a year before Laura and Essie set up their church.
(d) About 2 months after Laura and Essie set up their church.
4. What does Chicken-Crow-For-Day throw out the window?
(a) His shoes because they have walked tainted streets.
(b) A quarter.
(c) His bottle of whiskey.
(d) His throws his pistol and knife.
5. What cliche does Laura quote to convince Essie?
(a) The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away.
(b) The Lord helps those who help themselves.
(c) Ask not and you get not.
(d) Ask and ye shall receive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Essie's opinion of Laura's lifestyle?
2. What does Laura say she can provide?
3. What does Essie imagine doing with the church?
4. To whom does Laura liken many of her personality traits?
5. What does Buddy ask for after showering?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)