|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 30, 31 and 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Essie clean her nails?
(a) By cutting them down to the quick.
(b) With a knife she keeps on her for protection.
(c) By scouring them with a brillo pad.
(d) By soaking her fingers in soapy water.
2. What happens after Essie joins in on the song?
(a) Laura stops and starts to pass the hat.
(b) Someone yells at them to be quiet.
(c) Others join.
(d) Essie becomes inspired and everyone gets quiet to hear her.
3. Who does Laura meet as she is closing the church one night?
(b) Birdie Lee.
4. What does Laura say Essie can provide?
(a) The preaching.
(b) The flowers.
(c) The music.
(d) The decorations.
5. How often does Essie go to church?
(a) Twice a week.
(b) Three times a week.
(d) On Sundays.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laura want to play a greater role in church services?
2. How does Laura feel towards Essie?
3. How does Laura inspire Essie?
4. What would be a general description of Laura?
5. Why does Laura begin to sing?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)