|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 30, 31 and 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Essie's imaginings lead her to do?
2. What do they name the new church in the theater?
(a) The Reed Sister's Praise and Gospel Hour.
(b) L & E's singin' and praisin'.
(c) The Reed Sisters'Tambourine Temple.
(d) The LE Praise and Gospel Hour.
3. Why does Laura begin to sing?
(a) To praise the Lord.
(b) To get the people's attention.
(c) To cheer up Essie.
(d) To express how good she feels.
4. What does Marietta do at the church?
(a) Turns the overhead fan on hot days.
(b) Joins the choir.
(c) Passes around the collection plate.
(d) Plays the organ.
5. How does Buddy see Laura?
(a) As a beautiful cup of coffee with cream.
(b) As being too soft, too sweet, and about to melt like chocolate.
(c) As a woman past her prime.
(d) As the light of his life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laura ask when Essie encourages her to read her Bible?
2. To what does Birdie confess?
3. What happens when Buddy speaks crudely about how young the "bitch" is?
4. Over what do the women argue in Chapter 7?
5. How much money have they accumulated at the opening of Chapter 13?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)