|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26 and 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Birdie Lee?
(a) A cop who is watching the women to make sure they are not doing anything illegal.
(b) A small elderly woman who steps forward and promises that from that night on she's giving her life to Jesus.
(c) A prostitute who brings a message from her pimp.
(d) A small girl who wants her mommie to be healed.
2. When does Marietta come to live with Essie?
(a) After finishing high school.
(b) When she is 15.
(c) After her junior year of high school.
(d) After college.
3. Of what is Laura still jealous?
(c) Birdie Lee.
(d) Them white folks what's got so much.
4. What literary technique is used after the description of the tambourine being passed?
(a) An alliteration.
(b) An allegory.
(c) A metaphor.
(d) A flashback.
5. What are Laura's robes like?
(a) Brightly colored.
(b) White for purity.
(c) Tailor cut.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is likely foreshadowed in the scene between Buddy and Laura in Chapter 27?
2. Where does Essie say that the spark to convert has to come from?
3. How does Buddy describe Marty?
4. About what is Essie concerned?
5. What is ironic about Chicken-Crow-For-Day saying he has been washed clean and white by the love of God?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)