|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26 and 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Laura now doing at Buddy's suggestion?
(a) Changes from the sale of holy water to the sale of bone chips from the disciples.
(b) Implements Buddy's idea to announce gambling numbers from the stage of the church.
(c) Having a service three times a week.
(d) Having three services each Sunday.
2. How does Laura picture Essie's role in the street corner church?
(a) Sitting quietly and preaching.
(b) Singing and then preaching when Laura sings.
(c) Sitting quietly and occasionally singing.
(d) Singing and then fainting as if in ecstasy.
3. In Chapter 4, what do the two women argue about concerning the Bible?
(a) Getting a less expensive Bible.
(b) What percentage of their first day's take will go towards its purchase.
(c) Whether they should read from it at the opening of the preaching.
(d) If they even need a Bible since both have many verses memorized.
4. What does Chicken-Crow-For-Day do?
(a) Proclaims himself as a dyed-in-the-wool sinner.
(b) Declares that he should be the new preacher.
(c) Helps himself to some of the collections as they pass.
(d) Proposes to Essie.
5. What does the image of Buddy and Laura's sparkling eyes invoke?
(a) The glint of the diamond eyes of the serpent in the Adam and Eve mural at the church.
(b) An image of starlight.
(c) An image of a diamond in the rough.
(d) The glint of steel as it is about to kill someone.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Essie describe the Bible she finds?
2. Why does Laura threaten Buddy?
3. What does Laura ask when Essie encourages her to read her Bible?
4. What does Buddy shout out?
5. What would be a general description of Essie?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)