|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26 and 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do the women arrive at the street corner?
(a) An hour later than planned.
(b) A day later than planned.
(c) Right on time.
(d) An hour earlier than planned.
2. What has Essie forbidden while Marietta is living with Laura and Essie?
(a) Buddy coming over at all.
(b) Buddy spending the night.
(c) Any men hanging around the house.
(d) Any alcohol in the house.
3. What does Laura want from Essie the next morning?
(a) A commitment for the church idea.
(b) Her betting stubs.
(c) The morning newspaper.
(d) Coffee and money.
4. Approximately when does Chapter 19 take place?
(a) It is a flashback to a year before Laura and Essie set up their church.
(b) About 2 months after Laura and Essie set up their church.
(c) Ten years after Laura and Essie set up their church.
(d) Just less than a year since Laura and Essie set up their church.
5. How does Buddy see Laura?
(a) As the light of his life.
(b) As being too soft, too sweet, and about to melt like chocolate.
(c) As a woman past her prime.
(d) As a beautiful cup of coffee with cream.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laura plan to do when cold weather hits?
2. How is the church a few blocks away doing?
3. What is likely foreshadowed in the scene between Buddy and Laura in Chapter 27?
4. What do they name the new church in the theater?
5. What does Essie want to discuss with Laura?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)