|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the image of Buddy and Laura's sparkling eyes invoke?
(a) An image of a diamond in the rough.
(b) The glint of steel as it is about to kill someone.
(c) An image of starlight.
(d) The glint of the diamond eyes of the serpent in the Adam and Eve mural at the church.
2. How does Laura describe the church apartment?
(a) The garden after Eve's fall.
(b) An Ethiopian Garden of Eden.
(c) A Garden of Cornucopia delights.
(d) The Ethiopian paradise.
3. Who does the painting of Adam resemble in Laura's imagination?
(a) Joe Louis.
(b) Lanston Hughes.
(c) Martin Luther King.
(d) Louis Armstrong.
4. What does Laura ask when Essie encourages her to read her Bible?
(a) She really can't read too well.
(b) She knows she is saved even without a Bible.
(c) She knows enough of the Bible already.
(d) Where is the begats section.
5. How is the church a few blocks away doing?
(a) Making no money, but saving lots of souls.
(b) It folded in two weeks.
(c) It's making enough money to pay the light bill.
(d) Making lots of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laura think Essie will think of Buddy and Laura's plan?
2. What does Laura say Essie can provide?
3. What would be a general description of Laura?
4. What does Laura want to do with the money?
5. Of what is Laura still jealous?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)