|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Buddy and Laura go?
(a) To the City Hall to get a preaching license.
(b) To the bus station to pick up Essie's daughter.
(c) To Laura's apartment.
(d) Out for a night of drinking.
2. Why does Laura's resentment to Birdie Lee vanish?
(a) Because she realizes the spirit of the Lord is upon Birdie.
(b) Because the collection is larger than normal after Birdie comes forward.
(c) Because Birdie drops a ten-dollar bill in the collection plate.
(d) Because Essie kicks her to make her behave.
3. What might be a theme of this story symbolically portrayed in the final lines of this chapter?
(a) That a bad motive can turn out positively.
(b) That one should suspect people who start churches without a license.
(c) That wine and church do not mix.
(d) The self-fueling obsession with pleasure can prevent awareness of opportunities for spiritual growth.
4. To whom does Laura liken many of her personality traits?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her oldest sister.
(d) Her sixth-grade teacher.
5. Of what do they persuade each other?
(a) That it is a foolish pipe dream.
(b) That the devil inspired them.
(c) That God inspired them.
(d) That the idea could work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What could the wine glass symbolize as far as Laura's character?
2. Who is Birdie Lee?
3. How does Buddy refer to Laura and himself?
4. What does Laura want from Essie the next morning?
5. What sound is heard outside as Buddy and Laura talk?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)