|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14, 15, 16, 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Laura say Buddy is going to become?
(a) Her bodyguard.
(b) Her business manager.
(c) The new minister.
(d) Her husband.
2. What is the reason for the time they arrive?
(a) They scrupulously watch the time to get there on time.
(b) Laura is entertaining a man in her room.
(c) They decide it would be better to wait to the next sunny day.
(d) They forgot to turn their clocks forward for Spring.
3. What are some of Laura's "rocks" for security?
(a) Men, her daughter, and church.
(b) Men, the numbers, and liquor.
(c) Church, her daughter, and liquor.
(d) The numbers, her daughter, and church.
4. Why does Laura hire an artist?
(a) To do a portrait of Laura to hang in the church.
(b) To inscribe the name of the church on a piece of slate.
(c) To sketch line drawings of Biblical scenes on the pews.
(d) To paint murals of a black Adam and Eve and other Biblical scenes.
5. Where does Essie say that the spark to convert has to come from?
(b) The music.
(c) Laura's sermons.
(d) People's hearts.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Essie clean her nails?
2. What literary technique is used after the description of the tambourine being passed?
3. What does Chicken-Crow-For-Day throw out the window?
4. How does Buddy describe Marty?
5. What does Laura ask when Essie encourages her to read her Bible?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)