|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14, 15, 16, 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Laura do after they are persuaded?
(a) Begins to plan how to spend all her money.
(b) Says "Amen."
(c) Says "God is Great."
(d) Starts preaching on the corner immediately.
2. What does Laura want from Essie the next morning?
(a) The morning newspaper.
(b) Her betting stubs.
(c) Coffee and money.
(d) A commitment for the church idea.
3. Why does Laura hire an artist?
(a) To paint murals of a black Adam and Eve and other Biblical scenes.
(b) To inscribe the name of the church on a piece of slate.
(c) To do a portrait of Laura to hang in the church.
(d) To sketch line drawings of Biblical scenes on the pews.
4. What would be an accurate description as to how Laura is described in Chapter 3?
(a) Joyful and meek.
(b) Sad and homely.
(c) Attractive and sexual.
5. What does Laura think Essie will think of Buddy and Laura's plan?
(a) She'll wish she had thought of it.
(b) She will turn them in to the authorities.
(c) She'll think it's ingenious.
(d) She'll be upset.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason for the time they arrive?
2. What does Essie want to do with the money?
3. What does Chapter 6 describe?
4. How does Buddy describe Marty?
5. Why does Laura want to start a church?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)