|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14, 15, 16, 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Laura leaves, what is she hoping?
(a) That a favorite of her many men friends will visit that night.
(b) That Essie will reconsider.
(c) To win the next ten thousand dollar pot at the tracks.
(d) That Essie doesn't bring her daughter there.
2. Why does Laura begin to sing?
(a) To get the people's attention.
(b) To express how good she feels.
(c) To cheer up Essie.
(d) To praise the Lord.
3. What does the clerk give Essie when she pays off the Bible?
(a) A picture of the last supper.
(b) A picture of Jesus.
(c) A bookmark with the 23rd Psalm on it.
(d) A wall hanging saying GOD BLESS THIS HOME.
4. What does Laura say Buddy is going to become?
(a) Her business manager.
(b) The new minister.
(c) Her bodyguard.
(d) Her husband.
5. What sound is heard outside as Buddy and Laura talk?
(a) The sound of screeching tires as someone comes to a sudden, dangerous stop.
(b) A gunshot.
(c) A police bullhorn.
(d) People singing gospel songs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laura say Essie can provide?
2. In Chapter 4, what do the two women argue about concerning the Bible?
3. What does Laura want from Essie the next morning?
4. Where does Essie say that the spark to convert has to come from?
5. How does Buddy describe Marty?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)