|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14, 15, 16, 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Essie's opinion of Laura's lifestyle?
(b) Fast and loose.
(d) Calm and peaceful.
2. What happens after Essie joins in on the song?
(a) Essie becomes inspired and everyone gets quiet to hear her.
(b) Someone yells at them to be quiet.
(c) Laura stops and starts to pass the hat.
(d) Others join.
3. Of what does Laura accuse Essie?
(a) Of not understanding Jesus's statement, "Render unto Caesar."
(b) Of being too holy and too self righteous.
(c) Of hypocrisy.
(d) Of not really being committed to the church idea.
4. How does Laura describe the church apartment?
(a) The garden after Eve's fall.
(b) The Ethiopian paradise.
(c) An Ethiopian Garden of Eden.
(d) A Garden of Cornucopia delights.
5. Who starts a church a few blocks from where Essie and Laura sit?
(a) A reformed pimp.
(b) An active drug dealer.
(c) An ex-cop.
(d) A reformed alcoholic.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Laura say they need money?
2. What does Essie want to do with the money?
3. When do the women arrive at the street corner?
4. What does Laura do after they are persuaded?
5. What does Chicken-Crow-For-Day throw out the window?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)