|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the clerk give Essie when she pays off the Bible?
(a) A picture of Jesus.
(b) A bookmark with the 23rd Psalm on it.
(c) A wall hanging saying GOD BLESS THIS HOME.
(d) A picture of the last supper.
2. What does Laura think about the Lord's help?
(a) That the Lord helps them who helps themselves.
(b) That the Lord ain't never helped her before so why would he help now.
(c) That if the Lord is taking care of her, she can take care of her man.
(d) That the Lord helps in abundance when the Spirit moves Laura to preach.
3. How does Essie clean her nails?
(a) By cutting them down to the quick.
(b) With a knife she keeps on her for protection.
(c) By scouring them with a brillo pad.
(d) By soaking her fingers in soapy water.
4. What does Essie do when Laura inspires her?
(b) Jumps up and starts preaching.
(c) Sings a gospel church.
(d) Runs inside to get her Bible.
5. What cliche does Laura quote to convince Essie?
(a) Ask not and you get not.
(b) Ask and ye shall receive.
(c) The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away.
(d) The Lord helps those who help themselves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens after Essie joins in on the song?
2. What would be an accurate description as to how Laura is described in Chapter 3?
3. What does Laura do to keep the cops from stopping the preaching because of no license?
4. What is Essie's opinion of Laura's lifestyle?
5. What does Essie watch while they are preaching and singing?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)