|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Essie's response to Laura's suggestion on buying the Bible?
(a) She will take money out of her welfare payments because she does not want to start a church on gambling profits.
(b) She faints.
(c) She thinks it's a great idea.
(d) She is hesitant but knows it's the only way.
2. How does Laura suggest they buy the Bible?
(a) Profits from her gambling.
(b) She has no idea how they can afford it.
(c) Asking the pimp down the street to buy it for them.
(d) Collecting money on the street corner.
3. What is Laura clutching at the end of the chapter as the two women make a decision?
(a) A gambling ticket.
(b) A bottle of Jim Daniels.
(c) A Bible.
(d) An empty wine glass.
4. What do Essie's imaginings lead her to do?
5. What is distracting Laura from listening to Essie?
(a) Laura is too busy worrying about where she's going to get some gambling money and wine.
(b) Laura is trying to figure out how to seduce the new man down the block.
(c) Laura is talking on the phone.
(d) Laura is talking to a pimp.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Laura want to start a church?
2. Over what do the women argue in Chapter 7?
3. What does Laura do after they are persuaded?
4. Why does Laura's resentment to Birdie Lee vanish?
5. How is the church a few blocks away doing?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)