|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2, 3, 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has it been since Essie has seen her daughter?
(a) 1 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) A few months.
(d) 10 years.
2. For what does Laura say they need money?
(a) For a tambourine and a Bible.
(b) To buy hymnals.
(c) To rent the local community center.
(d) To pay an organist.
3. As Laura leaves, what is she hoping?
(a) That Essie will reconsider.
(b) That a favorite of her many men friends will visit that night.
(c) That Essie doesn't bring her daughter there.
(d) To win the next ten thousand dollar pot at the tracks.
4. What do Essie's imaginings lead her to do?
5. What does Laura do after they are persuaded?
(a) Starts preaching on the corner immediately.
(b) Says "Amen."
(c) Begins to plan how to spend all her money.
(d) Says "God is Great."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Essie's opinion of Laura's lifestyle?
2. What is distracting Laura from listening to Essie?
3. What are Essie and Laura doing at the opening of this novel?
4. What would be a general description of Essie?
5. How does Essie describe the Bible she finds?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)