|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2, 3, 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Essie do when Laura inspires her?
(a) Runs inside to get her Bible.
(b) Jumps up and starts preaching.
(d) Sings a gospel church.
2. What do Essie's imaginings lead her to do?
3. When do the women actually start preaching?
(a) Right after the New Year.
(b) Well into Spring.
(c) Early July.
(d) Late February.
4. What is distracting Laura from listening to Essie?
(a) Laura is talking to a pimp.
(b) Laura is too busy worrying about where she's going to get some gambling money and wine.
(c) Laura is talking on the phone.
(d) Laura is trying to figure out how to seduce the new man down the block.
5. What cliche does Laura quote to convince Essie?
(a) The Lord helps those who help themselves.
(b) Ask and ye shall receive.
(c) Ask not and you get not.
(d) The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Essie clean her nails?
2. What might be a theme of this story symbolically portrayed in the final lines of this chapter?
3. How does Laura suggest they buy the Bible?
4. What does Laura say she can provide?
5. Of what do they persuade each other?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)