|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 30, 31 and 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Buddy speaks crudely about how young the "bitch" is?
(a) Laura becomes very calm.
(b) Laura tells Buddy to leave the church and never return.
(c) Laura starts crying.
(d) Laura screams curse words at Buddy.
2. Who has not yet bought any holy water?
(d) Birdie Lee.
3. What happens after Essie joins in on the song?
(a) Someone yells at them to be quiet.
(b) Others join.
(c) Essie becomes inspired and everyone gets quiet to hear her.
(d) Laura stops and starts to pass the hat.
4. What does Laura do to gain the church space?
(a) Bribes the landlord and promises three months in advance rent.
(b) Tells the landlord he can have 25 percent of the weekly collections.
(c) Invites the landlord to her home.
(d) Threatens to turn in the landlord for code violations.
5. What does CJ promise to Marietta?
(a) To be faithful.
(b) To never leave her.
(c) To not date anyone seriously.
(d) To respect her.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Buddy comes in, what does he say about Marty?
2. What does Laura want to play a greater role in church services?
3. What angers Laura as she arrives at the church?
4. What does Chicken-Crow-For-Day do?
5. Who starts a church a few blocks from where Essie and Laura sit?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)