|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11, 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Laura want to do with the money?
(a) Donate it to the overseas mission fund.
(b) Buy her man a car.
(c) Get them better living quarters.
(d) Have a big party.
2. In Chapter 4, what do the two women argue about concerning the Bible?
(a) If they even need a Bible since both have many verses memorized.
(b) What percentage of their first day's take will go towards its purchase.
(c) Getting a less expensive Bible.
(d) Whether they should read from it at the opening of the preaching.
3. What becomes the two women's church?
(a) The first floor in an old brownstone.
(b) Essie's apartment.
(c) The local Methodist chapel.
(d) The train station.
4. What does Laura say she can provide?
(a) The muscle men to keep everyone safe.
(b) Gambling numbers.
(c) The organ music.
(d) Inspirational preaching.
5. What are Essie and Laura doing at the opening of this novel?
(a) Comparing memories of the Palm Sundays, Easters, and church-going habits of their childhoods.
(b) Eating at Dewdrop diner.
(c) Smoking on the stoop of the apartment.
(d) At a horse race.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the church a few blocks away doing?
2. What is the reason for the time they arrive?
3. Over what do the women argue in Chapter 7?
4. What does Chapter 6 describe?
5. What does Essie want to do with the money?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)