|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11, 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is ironic about Chicken-Crow-For-Day saying he has been washed clean and white by the love of God?
(a) Because they really don't expect God to be there.
(b) Because he is so dark skinned.
(c) Because no one believes God loves them.
(d) Because he is already white.
2. How does Essie describe the Bible she finds?
(a) Worn but functional.
(b) Large, ornately decorated, and expensive.
(c) One that has pictures.
(d) Small and easily held.
3. What does Chicken-Crow-For-Day throw out the window?
(a) His bottle of whiskey.
(b) His throws his pistol and knife.
(c) A quarter.
(d) His shoes because they have walked tainted streets.
4. What might be a theme of this story symbolically portrayed in the final lines of this chapter?
(a) The self-fueling obsession with pleasure can prevent awareness of opportunities for spiritual growth.
(b) That one should suspect people who start churches without a license.
(c) That wine and church do not mix.
(d) That a bad motive can turn out positively.
5. What does Laura do after they are persuaded?
(a) Begins to plan how to spend all her money.
(b) Says "Amen."
(c) Says "God is Great."
(d) Starts preaching on the corner immediately.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Laura begin to sing?
2. What is Essie's opinion of Laura's lifestyle?
3. Why does Laura's resentment to Birdie Lee vanish?
4. What would be a general description of Laura?
5. Who joins Chicken-Crow-For-Day in reciting sins?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)