|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11, 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chicken-Crow-For-Day throw out the window?
(a) A quarter.
(b) His shoes because they have walked tainted streets.
(c) His throws his pistol and knife.
(d) His bottle of whiskey.
2. What literary technique is used after the description of the tambourine being passed?
(a) A flashback.
(b) An alliteration.
(c) An allegory.
(d) A metaphor.
3. How much money have they accumulated at the opening of Chapter 13?
(a) Two thousand dollars.
(b) Ten thousand dollars.
(c) Fifteen thousand dollars.
(d) One thousand dollars.
4. What does Laura do to gain the church space?
(a) Invites the landlord to her home.
(b) Threatens to turn in the landlord for code violations.
(c) Tells the landlord he can have 25 percent of the weekly collections.
(d) Bribes the landlord and promises three months in advance rent.
5. What does the clerk give Essie when she pays off the Bible?
(a) A picture of the last supper.
(b) A wall hanging saying GOD BLESS THIS HOME.
(c) A picture of Jesus.
(d) A bookmark with the 23rd Psalm on it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laura say she can provide?
2. What does Essie want to do with the money?
3. Who is evicted to make room for the church?
4. What does Laura want from Essie the next morning?
5. How long has it been since Essie has seen her daughter?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)