|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23, 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Laura think about the Lord's help?
(a) That if the Lord is taking care of her, she can take care of her man.
(b) That the Lord ain't never helped her before so why would he help now.
(c) That the Lord helps them who helps themselves.
(d) That the Lord helps in abundance when the Spirit moves Laura to preach.
2. Of what does Laura accuse Essie?
(a) Of being too holy and too self righteous.
(b) Of not really being committed to the church idea.
(c) Of not understanding Jesus's statement, "Render unto Caesar."
(d) Of hypocrisy.
3. What does Laura ask when Essie encourages her to read her Bible?
(a) She really can't read too well.
(b) Where is the begats section.
(c) She knows she is saved even without a Bible.
(d) She knows enough of the Bible already.
4. When Laura encourages Essie, what does Essie do?
(a) Sings louder.
(b) Begins to sob instead of crying quietly.
(c) Prays with more fervency.
(d) Falls silent and becomes very still, entering into one of the "pauses" into which she frequently falls.
5. For what does Laura say they need money?
(a) To rent the local community center.
(b) To buy hymnals.
(c) To pay an organist.
(d) For a tambourine and a Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Essie describe the Bible she finds?
2. What does the clerk give Essie when she pays off the Bible?
3. Who spends less time at the apartment after Marietta moves in?
4. When do the women actually start preaching?
5. What happens after Essie joins in on the song?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)