|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23, 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Over what do the women argue in Chapter 7?
(a) Laura using the money for booze.
(b) How to use the collection.
(c) Which Bible to buy.
(d) Laura ruining the church's reputation.
2. What plan do Laura and Buddy devise?
(a) To sell prayer indulgences.
(b) To siphon money out of the church funds.
(c) To gradually get Essie out of the church altogether.
(d) To sell ordinary tap water as holy water from the river Jordan.
3. What is Essie's response to Laura's suggestion on buying the Bible?
(a) She faints.
(b) She thinks it's a great idea.
(c) She is hesitant but knows it's the only way.
(d) She will take money out of her welfare payments because she does not want to start a church on gambling profits.
4. Approximately when does Chapter 19 take place?
(a) Ten years after Laura and Essie set up their church.
(b) About 2 months after Laura and Essie set up their church.
(c) Just less than a year since Laura and Essie set up their church.
(d) It is a flashback to a year before Laura and Essie set up their church.
5. Why does Laura begin to sing?
(a) To express how good she feels.
(b) To get the people's attention.
(c) To praise the Lord.
(d) To cheer up Essie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Essie's opinion of Laura's lifestyle?
2. What does Laura suggest about Marietta?
3. What does Laura say Buddy is going to become?
4. What does Laura think about the Lord's help?
5. What does Buddy shout out?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)