|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23, 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Essie feel about the new apartment?
(a) Essie is ecstatic and grateful no matter where it came from.
(b) She is happy and thinks it came from God.
(c) She is despondent.
(d) She is hesitant.
2. What is Laura now doing at Buddy's suggestion?
(a) Having a service three times a week.
(b) Changes from the sale of holy water to the sale of bone chips from the disciples.
(c) Having three services each Sunday.
(d) Implements Buddy's idea to announce gambling numbers from the stage of the church.
3. What sound is heard outside as Buddy and Laura talk?
(a) A police bullhorn.
(b) A gunshot.
(c) People singing gospel songs.
(d) The sound of screeching tires as someone comes to a sudden, dangerous stop.
4. About what is Essie worried?
(a) About how she can get out of the city with some money.
(b) About how Laura seems ill.
(c) About when she can bring her daughter to live with her.
(d) About the way Laura is carrying on.
5. What does Marietta do at the church?
(a) Joins the choir.
(b) Plays the organ.
(c) Passes around the collection plate.
(d) Turns the overhead fan on hot days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Buddy and Laura go?
2. What is Essie's opinion of Laura's lifestyle?
3. When do the women actually start preaching?
4. What does Essie watch while they are preaching and singing?
5. What does the clerk give Essie when she pays off the Bible?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)