|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28 and 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is evicted to make room for the church?
(a) A Southern family.
(b) Some rejects from Blecker Street.
(c) Some drifters.
(d) Some men moved in from the bowery.
2. What does Essie think Laura should be thinking?
(a) Of how to get the people to donate more money.
(b) Of the future.
(c) Of the souls they're saving with their preaching.
(d) Of how they are going to keep the authorities from interferring.
3. How does Laura feel towards Essie?
(a) She is glad she is not there anymore.
(b) She misses her.
(c) She is jealous of Essie.
(d) She is angry that Essie moves.
4. What does Laura do to gain the church space?
(a) Threatens to turn in the landlord for code violations.
(b) Tells the landlord he can have 25 percent of the weekly collections.
(c) Bribes the landlord and promises three months in advance rent.
(d) Invites the landlord to her home.
5. Why is Laura unhappy about Birdie Lee?
(a) She is taking too much attention away from Laura.
(b) She is no longer playing the drums.
(c) She has to go to the bathroom too much.
(d) She is flirting with Buddy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What doesn't Essie miss?
2. Where do Essie and Marietta move?
3. In what is Laura most interested?
4. What becomes the two women's church?
5. What angers Laura as she arrives at the church?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)