|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28 and 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who joins Chicken-Crow-For-Day in reciting sins?
(b) Birdie Lee.
(d) A cop on the beat.
2. How does Laura describe the church apartment?
(a) An Ethiopian Garden of Eden.
(b) A Garden of Cornucopia delights.
(c) The Ethiopian paradise.
(d) The garden after Eve's fall.
3. How does Essie get to the church?
(a) A ride with someone in the neighborhood.
(b) Driving her car.
(c) On the subway.
4. What do Laura and Buddy believe about Essie?
(a) That she actually believes what Laura preaches.
(b) That she is becoming too holy.
(c) That she is embezzling money from the church.
(d) That she is keeping others from buying the holy water.
5. How are Essie and Laura described on the first day of church in their new place?
(a) As singing and preaching with a fervor that neither had ever had before.
(b) As angels of vengeance.
(c) Not as enthusiastic as when they were on the street corner.
(d) As fearful of the police busting them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is ironic about Chicken-Crow-For-Day saying he has been washed clean and white by the love of God?
2. What does Essie imagine doing with the church?
3. What becomes the two women's church?
4. Where do Essie and Marietta move?
5. How much money have they accumulated at the opening of Chapter 13?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)