|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28 and 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who joins Chicken-Crow-For-Day in reciting sins?
(c) A cop on the beat.
(d) Birdie Lee.
2. How is Marietta described?
(a) Very light skinned with light eyes.
(b) Large but proportionally shaped.
(c) Tiny, delicate, and beautiful.
(d) About the same size as Essie.
3. Who does the painting of Adam resemble in Laura's imagination?
(a) Joe Louis.
(b) Lanston Hughes.
(c) Martin Luther King.
(d) Louis Armstrong.
4. What becomes the two women's church?
(a) Essie's apartment.
(b) The train station.
(c) The local Methodist chapel.
(d) The first floor in an old brownstone.
5. For what is Buddy hungry?
(a) A rare steak.
(b) A plate of Southern fried chicken.
(c) A tuna sandwich.
(d) Collard greens, Southern style.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Laura and Buddy believe about Essie?
2. Who is evicted to make room for the church?
3. How do Laura and Essie react to Buddy's obvious attraction to Marietta?
4. What has Essie forbidden while Marietta is living with Laura and Essie?
5. Why does Laura threaten Buddy?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)