|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28 and 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is ironic about Chicken-Crow-For-Day saying he has been washed clean and white by the love of God?
(a) Because he is so dark skinned.
(b) Because they really don't expect God to be there.
(c) Because no one believes God loves them.
(d) Because he is already white.
2. What does Essie want to do with the money?
(a) Have two more murals painted.
(b) Buy hymnals.
(c) Bank it for a future need.
(d) Hire a real minister.
3. How does Laura describe the church apartment?
(a) An Ethiopian Garden of Eden.
(b) The Ethiopian paradise.
(c) A Garden of Cornucopia delights.
(d) The garden after Eve's fall.
4. What do Laura and Buddy believe about Essie?
(a) That she is keeping others from buying the holy water.
(b) That she is becoming too holy.
(c) That she actually believes what Laura preaches.
(d) That she is embezzling money from the church.
5. What has Essie forbidden while Marietta is living with Laura and Essie?
(a) Any alcohol in the house.
(b) Buddy coming over at all.
(c) Buddy spending the night.
(d) Any men hanging around the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laura hear two women saying about Buddy?
2. How do Laura and Essie react to Buddy's obvious attraction to Marietta?
3. How are Essie and Laura described on the first day of church in their new place?
4. Who has Essie asked to come by and visit?
5. Of what does Essie say there will be none?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)