|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28 and 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who joins Chicken-Crow-For-Day in reciting sins?
(c) Birdie Lee.
(d) A cop on the beat.
2. When Buddy comes in, what does he say about Marty?
(a) That Marty has gotten religion.
(b) That Marty has been murdered.
(c) How happy Marty is that business with the Lucky Texts is making so much money.
(d) That Marty wants a bigger take.
3. How does Essie get to the church?
(a) On the subway.
(c) Driving her car.
(d) A ride with someone in the neighborhood.
4. What becomes the two women's church?
(a) The train station.
(b) The first floor in an old brownstone.
(c) Essie's apartment.
(d) The local Methodist chapel.
5. Why does Laura hire an artist?
(a) To paint murals of a black Adam and Eve and other Biblical scenes.
(b) To inscribe the name of the church on a piece of slate.
(c) To sketch line drawings of Biblical scenes on the pews.
(d) To do a portrait of Laura to hang in the church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laura want to do with the money?
2. Who has Essie asked to come by and visit?
3. What doesn't Essie miss?
4. What does Essie want to do with the money?
5. What rumor is going around about Buddy?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)