|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yuri think a member of the Talmasca did?
2. Who were Lasher's parents?
3. To what clan does Yuri say Rowan belongs?
4. Who does Stuart use as a defense against Ash killing him?
5. What does Mona think she might do to satisfy her curiosity about the Taltos?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mona have the habit of doing, and what does she tell Rowan?
2. What phone call does Ash get in Chapter 1, and what is the result of that phone call?
3. With whom do Michael and Rowan meet in London and what does he tell them?
4. What does Yuri tell Michael and Rowan Samuel said and why is Ash in the country?
5. What does Rowan want to know about the room where Lasher kept her and what does Mona know about the information Rowan wants?
6. What is Rowan's situation at the beginning of Chapter 2?
7. What does Ash do first when he goes to the Talmasca's Motherhouse?
8. What does Ash do when he meets Stuart, how does Stuart respond and where do they go?
9. What does Mona crave when she wakes and why does Ryan come by the house?
10. What happens when Ash meets Tessa?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. What is foreshadow? How many incidences of foreshadow are in Taltos? How does foreshadow contribute to a book's suspense?
2. Discuss an example of foreshadow in Taltos including why you believe it is foreshadow. Include examples from the book and your own life to illustrate your answer.
3. How do you think most people react to uncertainty in their lives? Use examples from Taltos and your own live to support your opinion.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss one of the following:
1. Thoroughly analyze how the setting informs the plot in Taltos.
2. Trace and analyze one major theme of Taltos. How is the theme represented by symbolism? By the characters' behaviors? By the action?
3. Trace and analyze two secondary themes of Taltos. How are the themes represented by symbolism? By the characters' behaviors? By the action?
Essay Topic 3
Taltos belongs to the fantasy genre. Discuss the following:
1. Define the literary term "genre" and give several examples of three other genres in addition to the fantasy genre.
2. Discuss two reasons why it might be useful to label a text by genre and two reasons it might be disadvantageous to label a text by genre.
3. What do you think is the difference between a fantasy and a main stream novel? Explain.
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)