|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rowan think Lasher wrote before his mind deteriorated?
2. What does Michael learn about Mona?
3. Who calls Mona "Mama"?
4. What does Ash discover about the women of the Little People?
5. How does Rowen respond to Bea's news?
Short Essay Questions
1. With whom do Michael and Rowan meet in London and what does he tell them?
2. What does Mona find out at the doctor's office, and what does she want to ask Rowan about it?
3. What is Mona craving while pregnant, what does she fear and what does Mary Jane say about Mona's fears?
4. What are Marklin and Tommy discussing when they return to the Motherhouse, and how does Marklin feel about entering the house?
5. What does Ash say is the reason humans want to find a Taltos and what does Yuri say about someone who could bear a Taltos child?
6. What do Rowan and Michael find out about Mona's plans for her future?
7. What does Ash ask Yuri to do and what does Ash tell Yuri he must not do?
8. What does Ash do when he meets Stuart, how does Stuart respond and where do they go?
9. Who does Yuri call in New Orleans, what does he learn and what conclusion does he draw from the information?
10. What does Yuri tell Ash when Ash arrives in London?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the following:
1. Who is/are the protagonists of the story and why?
2. Who is/are the antagonists of the story and why?
3. Which 3 secondary characters have the greatest impact on the plot?
4. Are any of the characters dispensable and which ones? Why or why not?
5. Do you think this is a character-driven plot or an action-driven plot? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Titles often play a vital role in making a person decide to read a particular book. Discuss the following:
1. Fully explain why you think Taltos is titled as such. Do you think it is the best title for the book? Why or why not? Can you think of a better title? Why would you choose it?
2. How important is a title in influencing you to consider reading a book? Explain your answer.
3. Do you think a title needs to have direct relevance to a book's content? Explain your answer.
4. Have you ever read a book that when you finished, you do not understand the relevance of the title? Does it discourage you from "trusting" that particular author again?
Essay Topic 3
There are several non-human sentient beings in Taltos, in addition to non-human entities that are not fully sentient. Discuss the following:
1. Thoroughly discuss Ash. Who is he? What are his powers? What is his purpose? Is he "good" or "evil"? What does he look like physically? What role does he play in forwarding the plot? Is he believable? Why or why not.
2. Thoroughly discuss Samuel. Who is he? What are his powers? What is his purpose? Is he "good" or "evil"? What does he look like physically? What role does he play in forwarding the plot? Is he believable? Why or why not.
3. Thoroughly discuss Rowan. Who is she? What are her powers? What is her purpose? Is she "good" or "evil"? What does she look like physically? What role does she play in forwarding the plot? Is he believable? Why or why not.
4. Do you think sentient, non-human beings adds to the enjoyment of Taltos? Explain your answer.
This section contains 1,090 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)