|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is accompanying Mary Jane to the boat?
(a) Dr. Mary.
(b) Dr. Jack.
(c) Dr. Julian.
(d) Dr. Lester.
2. What intrigued the Taltos about the human children?
(a) They were born in such a helpless state.
(b) They were so much smaller than their parents.
(c) They could not talk mind to mind.
3. What do the Taltos do to a child born of the mating between a Taltos and human that survives?
(a) Ignore the child and the human must care for it.
(b) Kill the child.
(c) Force the child to live among the Taltos but not accept it as a Taltos.
(d) Accept the child into the Taltos.
4. Whose church becomes very popular with the humans?
(a) The priest who converts the Taltos.
5. What is the clacking noise the doctor hears as he is preparing to leave?
(a) A young woman typing on a computer.
(b) An automatic sewing machine.
(c) A young woman using an electric knitting machine.
(d) A duck that is sitting on the porch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mona having trouble walking?
2. What does Mona tell the doctor they need?
3. Why was childbirth serious among the Taltos?
4. With whom does Ash leave the Taltos paradise?
5. What happens once when humans raided Taltos' village?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ash say about how the Taltos first lived peaceably with humans?
2. What does Rowan tell Ash about Michael's fears about telling Ash the truth?
3. How does Ash hear about Christianity and how does he feel about that religion?
4. What is Morrigan doing while Doctor Jack is there and how does he meet her? What is he told about Morrigan?
5. What does Ash propose to Rowan, what is her reply and what does Ash say he will share with them?
6. What does Granny tell Mona about walking babies?
7. What does Doctor Jack insist upon and what information do they give him?
8. Who are the Little People?
9. Why did some Taltos leave the paradise, what happens to the paradise and how do the Taltos feel about life in their new location? Why did Ash worry about the Taltos?
10. What is the problem between witches and the Talos, and what is the rumor about Taltos's blood and witches? How was Taltos blood introduced into the human race?
This section contains 1,063 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)