|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to human women who mated with Taltos males?
(a) They became insane.
(b) They never mated with Taltos males.
(c) They left their kind to live with the Taltos.
(d) They died.
2. What rumor about Taltos blood circulates among the witches?
(a) That one drop of the Taltos blood will kill a human.
(b) That a witch who drinks Taltos blood becomes immortal.
(c) That if the Taltos lose more than a drop or two of blood, s/he will die.
(d) That the Taltos must drink the blood of its mate in order to reproduce.
3. What do the Taltos do when a member of their race dies?
(a) They kill a human to journey in spirit with the Taltos.
(b) They couple to create another Taltos.
(c) They burn the body.
(d) They send the body back to their home planet ot be revived.
4. What intrigued the Taltos about the human children?
(a) They were born in such a helpless state.
(b) They were so much smaller than their parents.
(d) They could not talk mind to mind.
5. Why is Mona having trouble walking?
(a) She sprained her ankle.
(b) She has no shoes on and the ground is rocky.
(c) She pulled a muscle in her calf.
(d) Her pregnancy is very advanced.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the "Little People" arise?
2. Who does Mary Jane say Morrigan is in relation to the baby Mary Jane is holding?
3. What do Taltos do when they go "wild"?
4. Who do Taltos recognize on sight?
5. For how long does coupling last with two Taltos?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did some Taltos leave the paradise, what happens to the paradise and how do the Taltos feel about life in their new location? Why did Ash worry about the Taltos?
2. What is the problem between witches and the Talos, and what is the rumor about Taltos's blood and witches? How was Taltos blood introduced into the human race?
3. What was happening in some of the Taltos villages in relation to humans and how does Ash and his people respond to the happenings?
4. What does Rowan tell Ash about Michael's fears about telling Ash the truth?
5. Who is Mary Jane bringing to her home on a boat and why does she need him?
6. What does Mona tell Mary Jane about her baby and what do they decide to do?
7. What does Doctor Jack insist upon and what information do they give him?
8. How did Taltos couple and what kind of romantic relationships did they have?
9. What does Granny tell Mona about walking babies?
10. How does Ash begin the story of the Taltos?
This section contains 1,095 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)