|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose church becomes very popular with the humans?
(a) The priest who converts the Taltos.
2. What can witches recognize on sight concerning the Taltos?
(a) Whether the male Taltos is able to have children since most of them cannot.
(b) That a person is a Taltos.
(d) Whether the female Taltos is pregnant with a human child.
3. To what does Ash compare the birth of a Taltos child?
(a) The creation story of the Hindu.
(b) The creation story of the Jews.
(c) The birth of a galaxy.
(d) The birth of Jesus.
4. What does the tolling of the bell indicate at the Motherhouse?
(a) The new Superior General has been chosen.
(b) A member has died.
(c) A ceremony is about to begin.
(d) It tolls on the hour and has no particular significance.
5. What happens in the storm?
(a) The water surges under the front door.
(b) Lightening hits a tree and starts a fire.
(c) A shutter flies loose and breaks a window.
(d) The electricity goes off.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shocks Marklin about the body in the casket?
2. What does Ash propose to Rowan?
3. What is something that would clue humans in to the fact that the Taltos are not human?
4. Who is accompanying Mary Jane to the boat?
5. Who do Stuart's notes implicate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Michael and Yuri talk about on the phone?
2. How does Ash begin the story of the Taltos?
3. How did Ash's group of Taltos, especially the young ones, feel about the rest of the world?
4. What happens to Marklin and Tommy at the Motherhouse after the funeral for Stuart?
5. What is the problem between witches and the Talos, and what is the rumor about Taltos's blood and witches? How was Taltos blood introduced into the human race?
6. How did many Taltos women die, and what happens when a Taltos dies? Why was life good for the Taltos?
7. What does Doctor Jack insist upon and what information do they give him?
8. What does Ash say about how the Taltos first lived peaceably with humans?
9. What was happening in some of the Taltos villages in relation to humans and how does Ash and his people respond to the happenings?
10. What does Granny tell Mona about walking babies?
This section contains 1,048 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)