|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did many Taltos leave their paradise?
(a) It became boring.
(b) It was found by humans.
(c) It was too crowded.
(d) It became chaotic.
2. How many Taltos are alive after the battle with the villagers?
3. Where do Mona and Mary Jane take a boat?
(a) Through the Panama Canel to California.
(b) To Mary Jane's grandmother's home.
(c) To England.
(d) To the middle of the Gulf of Mexico.
4. What is in the envelope Mary Jane gives the doctor?
(a) Twenty dollar bills.
(b) Fifty dollar bills.
(c) Instructions and a map to find his way out of the swamp.
(d) A copy of the birth certificate for him to file.
5. How do Taltos feel about loud noises?
(a) They love to hear certain types of loud noises.
(b) Ash does not mention loud noises.
(c) They hate loud noises.
(d) They are indifferent to loud noises.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lasher reveal to Michael?
2. What does Ash's group of Taltos do when they come to live among the humans?
3. What do the Taltos do to a child born of the mating between a Taltos and human that survives?
4. What do Taltos do when they go "wild"?
5. What is Morrigan's reply to Mona's question?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Mona doing when she and Mary Jane arrive at the dock and what does she tell Mary Jane?
2. How does Ash come to write the book Stuart had in his possession?
3. What does Ash say about Taltos traits and where did the Taltos develop? What usually caused a Taltos to die?
4. How does Ash begin the story of the Taltos?
5. How did Taltos couple and what kind of romantic relationships did they have?
6. How does Ash hear about Christianity and how does he feel about that religion?
7. What does Granny tell Mona about walking babies?
8. What does Mona tell Mary Jane about her baby and what do they decide to do?
9. What does Ash say about how the Taltos first lived peaceably with humans?
10. Why did some Taltos leave the paradise, what happens to the paradise and how do the Taltos feel about life in their new location? Why did Ash worry about the Taltos?
This section contains 1,054 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)