|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mary Jane suggest they go?
(a) Back to the Mayfair estate.
(c) To find Ash.
(d) To find Rowan.
2. What does Mona keep telling Morrigan?
(a) That Mona loves her but she must become Ash's mate.
(b) That Mona has to have Rowan help in the birthing.
(c) That they will be safe.
(d) That she must obey Mona when she is born.
3. What is in the envelope Mary Jane gives the doctor?
(a) Twenty dollar bills.
(b) Fifty dollar bills.
(c) Instructions and a map to find his way out of the swamp.
(d) A copy of the birth certificate for him to file.
4. How does Ash respond to Rowan's revelations?
(a) He is despondent.
(b) He is furious.
(c) He is indifferent.
(d) He says he is not angry.
5. What do the Taltos do to a child born of the mating between a Taltos and human that survives?
(a) Kill the child.
(b) Ignore the child and the human must care for it.
(c) Accept the child into the Taltos.
(d) Force the child to live among the Taltos but not accept it as a Taltos.
6. What does Marklin realize when he and Tommy are in a large room with other members?
(a) Nothing in particular.
(b) Marklin is being ignored.
(c) Marklin and Tommy are the only novices.
(d) Tommy has disappeared.
7. Why do the humans burn Janet at the stake?
(a) For being pregnant by a human.
(b) For killing a priest.
(c) For not accepting Christianity.
(d) For cursing God.
8. What occasionally created problems for the Taltos when they were in their "paradise"?
(c) Old age.
(d) Fighting among themselves.
9. Whose daughter did Rowan kill?
(b) Her own.
10. What does the tolling of the bell indicate at the Motherhouse?
(a) A ceremony is about to begin.
(b) The new Superior General has been chosen.
(c) A member has died.
(d) It tolls on the hour and has no particular significance.
11. What does Mona tell the doctor they need?
(a) A broken bone set.
(b) A birth certificate.
(c) Some antibiotics.
(d) Some painkillers.
12. What does Ash propose to Rowan?
(a) To help them with magic.
(b) To mate with Mary Jane.
(c) To help her find Mona.
(d) An affair.
13. What can the Taltos recognize on sight concerning witches?
(a) Whether a witch can bear a Taltos child.
(b) How powerful a witch is.
(c) That a person is a witch.
(d) Whether the witch uses positive or negative energy.
14. Who do Stuart's notes implicate?
(a) Marklin and Tommy.
(b) Just Marklin.
(d) Rowan and Michael.
15. Where do Mona and Mary Jane take a boat?
(a) To Mary Jane's grandmother's home.
(b) To the middle of the Gulf of Mexico.
(c) Through the Panama Canel to California.
(d) To England.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Taltos feel about loud noises?
2. What is the clacking noise the doctor hears as he is preparing to leave?
3. For how long does coupling last with two Taltos?
4. What type of memories does Ash say the Taltos have?
5. Where do Ash and the other Taltos with him eventually settle?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)