|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mona confide in about to Mary Jane?
(a) That Michael is not the father of Mona's baby.
(b) That Morrigan is not Taltos.
(c) That Rowan is also pregnant.
(d) That Morrigan is Taltos.
2. Where do Ash and the other Taltos with him eventually settle?
(c) North America.
3. What does the tolling of the bell indicate at the Motherhouse?
(a) It tolls on the hour and has no particular significance.
(b) A member has died.
(c) The new Superior General has been chosen.
(d) A ceremony is about to begin.
4. What instructions does Mona give Mary Jane?
(a) What to say to Ash.
(b) What to do in case Morrigan and she die.
(c) What to say to Rowan.
(d) What to do in case Mona dies.
5. What does Ash take from the Catholic church?
(a) Restitution for the attack.
(b) Holy orders.
(d) The advice to move elsewhere.
6. How did the Taltos view monogamy?
(a) It was the only way the Taltos legitimized their coupling.
(b) It was unheard of among them.
(c) Ash does not mention the concept of monogamy.
(d) Some chose it and some did not.
7. What do the humans call the Taltos when they first begin a village among the humans?
(a) Gentle giants.
8. How do Rowan and Michael get back to the United States?
(a) They do not return to the States yet.
(b) They teleport themselves.
(c) In Ash's plane.
(d) In Yuris' lear jet.
9. What does Ash propose to Rowan?
(a) To help them with magic.
(b) To help her find Mona.
(c) An affair.
(d) To mate with Mary Jane.
10. Who begins screaming?
(a) The young woman using the sewing machine.
(c) The young woman typing.
(d) Mary Jane.
11. Why was childbirth serious among the Taltos?
(a) It was considered a sacred act.
(b) It took weeks of labor.
(c) It involved pain.
(d) It could create an insane child.
12. What happens to Taltos women who gave birth too often?
(a) They become insane.
(c) They die.
(d) They become barren.
13. What happened to the Taltos island?
(a) It became barren.
(b) It is still there.
(c) It eventually sank into the sea.
(d) It exploded.
14. What does Marklin realize when he and Tommy are in a large room with other members?
(a) Marklin and Tommy are the only novices.
(b) Tommy has disappeared.
(c) Marklin is being ignored.
(d) Nothing in particular.
15. With whom does Ash leave the Taltos paradise?
(a) Two of his daughers and three other Taltos.
(b) He left by himself.
(c) Just with his wife.
(d) Just with one son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can witches recognize on sight concerning the Taltos?
2. What does Ash's group of Taltos do when they come to live among the humans?
3. Whose daughter did Rowan kill?
4. What happens in the storm?
5. To what does Ash compare the birth of a Taltos child?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)