|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Tommy and Marklin are tossed through a door?
(a) They are blinded.
(b) Marklin is killed by the fall.
(c) They are accosted by Ash.
(d) Tommy is killed by the fall.
2. What can hasten a human woman's pregnancy with a Taltos child?
(a) A witch performing an intricate ceremony.
(b) Singing and reassuring the child.
(d) A certain herb.
3. What happened to the Taltos island?
(a) It eventually sank into the sea.
(b) It is still there.
(c) It exploded.
(d) It became barren.
4. What does Mona tell the doctor they need?
(a) A birth certificate.
(b) A broken bone set.
(c) Some antibiotics.
(d) Some painkillers.
5. What does Mona ask Morrigan at the opening to Chapter Twenty?
(a) If Morrigan wants to be born.
(b) If they should share their ice cream with Mary Jane.
(c) If Morrigan is Taltos.
(d) If Morrigan is afraid.
6. Who begins screaming?
(b) The young woman using the sewing machine.
(c) Mary Jane.
(d) The young woman typing.
7. What happens to Taltos women who gave birth too often?
(a) They become barren.
(c) They die.
(d) They become insane.
8. How do the "Little People" arise?
(a) From the mating of a Taltos with an elf.
(b) From the mating of a Taltos with a human.
(c) From the mating of a human with an elf.
(d) No one knows for sure.
9. Why do the humans burn Janet at the stake?
(a) For killing a priest.
(b) For being pregnant by a human.
(c) For not accepting Christianity.
(d) For cursing God.
10. What do the Taltos do to a child born of the mating between a Taltos and human that survives?
(a) Kill the child.
(b) Accept the child into the Taltos.
(c) Ignore the child and the human must care for it.
(d) Force the child to live among the Taltos but not accept it as a Taltos.
11. Where does Mary Jane suggest they go?
(a) To find Ash.
(b) Back to the Mayfair estate.
(c) To find Rowan.
12. What is Morrigan's reply to Mona's question?
(a) They should just eat the ice cream themselves.
(b) No, she wants to stay inside Mona.
(c) No, Morrigan is not afraid since she knows Mona loves her.
(d) Yes, Morrigan is Taltos.
13. What vow does Ash find appealing about which the Catholic priest tells Ash?
14. For how long does coupling last with two Taltos?
(a) Ten or more hours.
(b) Several days.
(c) At least half an hour.
(d) A week or so.
15. What is something that would clue humans in to the fact that the Taltos are not human?
(a) The way the Taltos can regenerate body parts.
(b) The Taltos' eye colors.
(c) The birth ritual.
(d) The Taltos' hair colors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose daughter did Rowan kill?
2. Who does Mary Jane say Morrigan is in relation to the baby Mary Jane is holding?
3. What does Marklin realize when he and Tommy are in a large room with other members?
4. What does Marklin do after using Tommy's lighter?
5. What shocks Marklin about the body in the casket?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)