|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters chastises another at one point in the story?
2. Which of the following literary devices does the author use in his story?
3. How does the author characterize Laura?
4. What is Mel unable to do in this story?
5. What purpose does foil serve in this story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The two couples in this story are presented as having very different types of relationships. Compare and contrast the dynamics of the two couples' relationships. How are the relationships the same? How are they different? Which couple would you have felt more comfortable around? Why?
Essay Topic 2
A foil is a character who provides a contrast to the protagonist in a story. Which characters are foils in this story? Please describe what determines your chosen character as a foil, and why the author may have included them.
Essay Topic 3
Narration refers to the method the author uses to communicate the story to readers. From what type of viewpoint is this story narrated? Discuss the advantages and drawbacks of presenting a story from this viewpoint.
This section contains 1,094 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)