|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Terri think of the other couple's relationship?
(a) It is wonderful and inviting.
(b) It is unclear because the narrator fails to recount Terri's dialogue.
(c) It is horrible and she is glad hers isn't like it.
(d) It is innocent and will change after awhile.
2. Why is Mel's story interrupted in the middle?
(a) Nick falls asleep.
(b) He wants another drink.
(c) Terri becomes irritated.
(d) Laura wants to go to dinner.
3. According to the author, where are the characters from?
(a) Somewhere else.
(b) The same place.
(c) A foreign land.
(d) The East Coast.
4. What do the characters talk about after Mel is finished with his story?
(b) Where to go for dinner.
(c) The weather outside.
(d) Their feelings for each other.
5. What is the overall mood of the characters by the end of the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the two couples different from other people in a relationship?
2. Which of the following is used as a symbol of lack of inhibition in the story?
3. Other than Mel, which term best describes the characters in the story?
4. Which character has the dominant role in the story?
5. According to the author, what is the ultimate conclusion about the meaning of love?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)