|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character has the dominant role in the story?
2. To whom does Mel become abusive?
3. According to the author, where are the characters from?
(a) The East Coast.
(b) The same place.
(c) Somewhere else.
(d) A foreign land.
4. Which of the following literary techniques does the author use in comparing Mel's profession with the topic of conversation?
5. Which of the characters seems to realize first that Mel's desire to experience real love is not yet fulfilled?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mel's story interrupted in the middle?
2. What can describe Mel's behavior as the conversation progresses?
3. What do the characters talk about after Mel is finished with his story?
4. How does the author characterize Nick?
5. Which of the following terms refers to the literal definition of 'heart'?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)