|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can describe Mel's behavior as the conversation progresses?
2. Which of the following is an example of situational irony?
(a) Terri is Mel's wife, but used to be married to his brother.
(b) The story is about finding the meaning of love, yet it ends with no clear meaning at all.
(c) Laura and Nick are not really in love.
(d) Mel says he does not know anything about love, and the reader finds this to be true.
3. Why is Mel's story interrupted in the middle?
(a) Nick falls asleep.
(b) Terri becomes irritated.
(c) Laura wants to go to dinner.
(d) He wants another drink.
4. Which character has the dominant role in the story?
5. Which of the following literary devices does the author use in his story?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the tone of the story as Nick kisses his wife's hand?
2. What time of day does this story end?
3. When the author uses the term 'universal', to what is he referring?
4. Which character becomes increasingly offensive over the course of the story?
5. According to the author, where are the characters from?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)