|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Mel appear to be in conflict over the concept of love more than any other character?
2. Which of the following symbolizes the hopelessness the characters feel about finding real love?
(a) The discovery that the group's favorite restaurant is closed.
(b) The meal burning in the oven.
(c) The glass spilling on the table.
(d) The rainstorm.
3. Why does Terri have this reaction to Mel's story about the old couple?
(a) She is angry at Laura for making Mel cry.
(b) She is afraid their intimate love will not last forever.
(c) She understands how Mel feels.
(d) She is jealous that she cannot evoke the same sense of love from Mel.
4. What is the narrator's understanding of the meaning of love by the end of the story?
(a) It is unclear.
(b) It is only available to those married a long time.
(c) It is full of thrills and romance.
(d) It is depressing.
5. Which of the following techniques does the author use in his story?
Short Answer Questions
1. Other than Mel, which term best describes the characters in the story?
2. How many stages of love are there, according to the author?
3. Which of the following literary techniques does the author use in comparing Mel's profession with the topic of conversation?
4. According to Mel, did Terri love her ex-boyfriend?
5. How does the author characterize Nick?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)