|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Through which of the following methods does Carver communicate most of the significant aspects of his story?
(b) Figurative language.
2. How many stages of love are there, according to the author?
(a) It is unclear.
(d) Only one.
3. In what part of the story does the exposition appear?
(a) The middle.
(b) There is not exposition in this story.
(c) The beginning.
(d) The end.
4. How are the two couples different from other people in a relationship?
(a) They have a weaker understanding of love.
(b) They have a better understanding of love.
(c) They are no different.
(d) They are older than the average couple in love.
5. According to the author, Mel's profession requires a significant amount of:
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character has the dominant role in the story?
2. What is the overall mood of the characters by the end of the story?
3. Why does Mel become frustrated?
4. Which of the following symbolizes the hopelessness the characters feel about finding real love?
5. How does the author characterize Laura?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)