|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters can be said to be a tragic hero?
2. Why does Mel begin telling his story?
(a) Others ask him if he has any stories to tell.
(b) To explain the meaning of real love.
(c) He is intoxicated and doesn't know what he is doing.
(d) He is bored.
3. Which of the following is a symbol in Carver's story?
(c) Ice cream.
(d) Knight's armor.
4. Who can be said to be Mel's foil in this story?
5. Which of the characters seems to realize first that Mel's desire to experience real love is not yet fulfilled?
Short Answer Questions
1. What effect may the alcohol have had on everyone besides Mel?
2. Which of the following describes Laura's attitude toward Mel as the evening progresses?
3. Which of the following describes the literary device Carver uses when Terri and Mel talk about Terri's past relationship in detail?
4. What can describe Mel's behavior as the conversation progresses?
5. How does Mel's behavior influence the other characters?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)