|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term best describes Mel's nature?
2. How does the author characterize Nick?
(a) Passive and observant.
(b) Gentle and compassionate.
(c) Loud and gregarious.
(d) Reasonable and logical.
3. Which of the following are included in the plot of Carver's story?
(a) Four characters gather in someone's home.
(b) The story takes place in early morning.
(c) The characters are much happier at the end of the story.
(d) Nick thinks back to a previous relationship.
4. Which of the following characters can be said to be a tragic hero?
5. Through which of the following methods does Carver communicate most of the significant aspects of his story?
(c) Figurative language.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mel unable to do in this story?
2. As Carver's story progresses, how do Mel and Terri's attitudes toward each other change?
3. Which of the following is the resolution following the climax?
4. In what part of the story does the exposition appear?
5. What is the tone of the story as Nick kisses his wife's hand?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)