|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a symbol in this story?
(c) The heart.
2. Which of the following is a form of entertainment for the characters?
(a) Singing songs.
(b) Drinking alcohol.
(d) Playing board games.
3. Where are the other characters when Mel begins to talk about love?
(a) At the table.
(c) At a restaurant.
(d) The author does not say.
4. How does the author characterize Terri and Mel's relationship?
(a) Strong and honest.
(b) Unstable and volatile.
(c) Hostile and rocky.
(d) Egalitarian and loving.
5. Why does Terri have this reaction to Mel's story about the old couple?
(a) She is angry at Laura for making Mel cry.
(b) She is jealous that she cannot evoke the same sense of love from Mel.
(c) She is afraid their intimate love will not last forever.
(d) She understands how Mel feels.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author characterize Laura?
2. How does Mel's behavior influence the other characters?
3. Which character has the dominant role in the story?
4. Which of the following describes Terri's reaction to Mel's response to the story of the old couple?
5. How does the author characterize Laura and Terri's relationship?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)