|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the tone of Mel's story about the old couple?
2. Which of the following literary devices does the author use in his story?
3. After Mel finished his story, who does the narrator think knows the meaning of true love?
(c) No one.
4. Which of the following describes Laura's attitude toward Mel as the evening progresses?
5. Which of the following describes Terri's reaction to Mel's response to the story of the old couple?
Short Answer Questions
1. What literary device does the author use in portraying Mel's difficulty in understanding love despite his profession?
2. Which of the following is a connotation of the word 'heart'?
3. In which part of the story does the narrator mention where the characters are from?
4. How does the tone change as the story progresses?
5. What seems to help Mel and the other characters loosen up?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)