|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nick's understanding of Terri and Mel's relationship?
(a) It is something he wants to work toward.
(b) He is neutral toward their relationship.
(c) It is unromantic and hostile.
(d) It is strong and full of love for each other.
2. How is the topic of love broached?
(a) Terri has a dream about love.
(b) Mel starts talking about it.
(c) The characters are reading the same book.
(d) Laura's children ask about it.
3. Which of the following is a symbol in this story?
(b) The heart.
4. What is the narrator's understanding of the meaning of love by the end of the story?
(a) It is full of thrills and romance.
(b) It is unclear.
(c) It is depressing.
(d) It is only available to those married a long time.
5. Which of the following describes Terri's reaction to Mel's response to the story of the old couple?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following describes Laura's attitude toward Mel as the evening progresses?
2. Why does Terri have this reaction to Mel's story about the old couple?
3. How does the author characterize Terri and Mel's relationship?
4. How does the author characterize Laura and Terri's relationship?
5. What aspects of the heart does Mel understand?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)