|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wants to know what the characters are going to do after the glass is spilled?
2. What is the main topic of the couples' conversation?
(a) The unrealistic hope of everlasting love.
(b) The ups and downs of married life.
(c) The meaning of real love.
(d) The difference between marriage and cohabitation.
3. Who is married to Nick?
4. Why does Mel hope his ex-wife will get injured?
(a) So he can come see her in the hospital.
(b) So she will die.
(c) So he can have an excuse to call his children.
(d) So he can come and save her.
5. Who does Mel wish to talk with on the phone?
(a) His children.
(b) His parents.
(c) His ex-wife.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Mel wonder about new love?
2. Who does Terri say she loved to the point of distraction?
3. How long has Nick been married?
4. What does Terri say she will bring out for everyone to nibble on?
5. Why is the story of the old couple told?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Mel's discussion of love similar to his profession?
2. What is the nature of Terri and Ed's involvement?
3. According to Mel, why is the old man depressed?
4. Describe the symbolism of Mel wanting to wear armor.
5. What is the final conclusion about the meaning of love?
6. Which character is the most likable and why?
7. Describe the relationship between Terri and Ed from Terri's point-of-view.
8. What does Mel think about the cause of the old man's depression?
9. Where are the characters in the story from?
10. What relationship does Mel have to the old man in the hospital?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)