|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Terri's ex-boyfriend live after his final suicide attempt?
(a) He died instantly.
(b) Four years.
(c) Five minutes.
(d) Three days.
2. Who is married to Nick?
3. Who asks Mel to continue the story of the old couple?
4. Who claims that abusive behavior is not love?
5. What happens at the end of the story?
(a) The sun sets.
(b) Everyone goes home.
(c) The sun rises.
(d) Everyone starts crying.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who threatens to kill Mel?
2. Who is the first one to turn on a light?
3. Why does Mel say he would have liked to have been born in medieval times?
4. Who wants to know what the characters are going to do after the glass is spilled?
5. Why is the story of the old couple told?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Mel's story about the old couple ends?
2. Describe the relationship between Mel and Terri.
3. What is the purpose of stating that each character is "from somewhere else"?
4. What relationship does Mel have to the old man in the hospital?
5. Describe Mel and Laura's relationship.
6. How does Nick respond when Mel says he would have liked a different profession?
7. Why does Laura bump Nick's knee under the table?
8. Why do you think the characters enter a depressive state by the end of the story?
9. What is the attitude of the other characters in the story as Mel becomes drunk?
10. Compare Mel and Terri's relationship to Nick and Laura's.
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)