Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who notes that the characters "are all from someplace else"?
2. What time of day does the car accident occur?
(c) Early morning.
(d) It is unclear.
3. Which of the characters is clearly an alcoholic?
4. What is the geographic setting for the story?
(a) Bar Harbor.
5. Who reminds Mel that it is for the best that he has his current profession?
(d) Himself (Mel).
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Terri's ex-boyfriend live after his final suicide attempt?
2. Which character claims that no one really knows about love, because "everyone is really just a beginner"?
3. Why is the story of the old couple told?
4. How long has Nick been married?
5. What does Nick do as a sign of romantic love?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the interaction between Mel and Terri surrounding Mel's ex-wife.
2. Describe the characters' response to Mel's revelation that real love does exist.
3. Describe what Mel was doing when he was notified of the car accident.
4. Describe the setting of the initial part of the story as told by the narrator.
5. Describe the relationship between Mel and Terri.
6. What does Mel think about the cause of the old man's depression?
7. Why does Terri scold Mel for being insensitive?
8. What is the attitude of the other characters in the story as Mel becomes drunk?
9. What does Mel hope will happen to his ex-wife and why?
10. Would you describe Mel as brave to introduce the meaning of real love? Why or why not?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)