|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says that Terri's ex-boyfriend is so inept that he can't even kill himself properly?
2. Who asks for something to eat before dinner?
3. Who brings up the topic of "spiritual love"?
4. Who is the narrator?
5. Who shakes the empty beverage container at Mel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Mel that every person is different when it comes to love?
2. How does Terri's ex-boyfriend eventually kill himself?
3. Why does Mel's wife want this to happen to his ex-wife?
4. What does Terri suggest Mel do to make himself feel better?
5. How is the depression revealed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What effect does alcohol have on the characters' conversation about real love?
2. What tone does Mel have as he recounts the story of the old couple and why?
3. How long have Nick and Laura been married in comparison to Terri and Mel?
4. Why does Terri hope that Marjorie will remarry or die?
5. Describe the interaction between Mel and Terri surrounding Mel's ex-wife.
6. How is Nick and Laura's relationship portrayed by the author?
7. Would you describe Mel as brave to introduce the meaning of real love? Why or why not?
8. What does Mel seem to require in order to feel comfortable about opening up to the other characters?
9. Describe Mel's relationship with his ex-wife.
10. How is Mel's discussion of love similar to his profession?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)