|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mel say he would have liked to have done as a profession?
(c) Wedding planner.
2. What is Mel's profession?
(d) Marriage counselor.
3. Who tells Mel that every person is different when it comes to love?
4. What is dysfunctional about Terri's previous relationship?
(a) They never lived together.
(b) They gave away their children.
(c) Her boyfriend beat her.
(d) She would help him commit crimes.
5. How long has Nick been married?
(a) Ten years.
(b) A year and a half.
(c) He has not yet married.
(d) Two weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the temperature of the area the group is sitting in described?
2. Why does Mel's wife want this to happen to his ex-wife?
3. Which character spent five years in a seminary?
4. Who threatens to kill Mel?
5. What does Terri say she will bring out for everyone to nibble on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two purposes does alcohol seem to serve in the story?
2. What does Mel think of Nick and Laura's love?
3. How is Nick and Laura's relationship portrayed by the author?
4. Does Terri think her ex-boyfriend loved her? Why?
5. Why do you think the characters enter a depressive state by the end of the story?
6. What tone does Mel have as he recounts the story of the old couple and why?
7. Describe Mel's relationship with his ex-wife.
8. How long have Nick and Laura been married in comparison to Terri and Mel?
9. What was the prognosis for the old couple over the course of their hospitalization?
10. Do you think Mel's example of real love is an appropriate one? Why or why not?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)