|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mel wish to talk with on the phone?
(a) His parents.
(b) His ex-wife.
(c) No one.
(d) His children.
2. How is the temperature of the area the group is sitting in described?
3. Why does Mel hope his ex-wife will get injured?
(a) So he can come and save her.
(b) So he can come see her in the hospital.
(c) So he can have an excuse to call his children.
(d) So she will die.
4. Who asks Mel to continue the story of the old couple?
5. Who does Terri say she loved to the point of distraction?
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day does the car accident occur?
2. What is the beverage of choice throughout the duration of the conversation?
3. What reason does Mel give for drinking?
4. What is in the spilled glass?
5. What hits the old couple's car?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the relationship between Laura and Nick.
2. Describe Mel and Laura's relationship.
3. Would you describe Mel as brave to introduce the meaning of real love? Why or why not?
4. What does Mel hope will happen to his ex-wife and why?
5. How is Mel's discussion of love similar to his profession?
6. Describe the mood of the second portion of Mel's story.
7. Why does Laura bump Nick's knee under the table?
8. What happens after Mel's story about the old couple ends?
9. Why is it ironic that Mel is a cardiologist by profession?
10. Why do you think the characters enter a depressive state by the end of the story?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)