|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the geographic setting for the story?
(d) Bar Harbor.
2. What is Mel's ex-wife allergic to?
(b) Yellow jackets.
3. What does Mel's wife hope will happen to his ex-wife?
(a) She will move to another country.
(b) She will pay him back alimony and child support.
(c) She will remarry or die.
(d) She will fall in love with Mel all over again.
4. What is Terri's ex-boyfriend's name?
5. Where are additional beverages kept?
(a) On the table.
(b) In the refrigerator.
(c) The cabinet.
(d) In the trunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Terri give for her ex-boyfriend trying to kill her?
2. Who claims that abusive behavior is not love?
3. How is the temperature of the area the group is sitting in described?
4. Why is Mel hesitant to call?
5. Who shakes the empty beverage container at Mel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was happening when Mel arrived at the hospital?
2. How long have Nick and Laura been married in comparison to Terri and Mel?
3. How is Nick and Laura's relationship portrayed by the author?
4. What does the author seem to be saying about universal stages and phases of love?
5. What is the attitude of the other characters in the story as Mel becomes drunk?
6. What description does the author give of Laura?
7. What happens after Mel spills his glass on the table?
8. Describe the relationship between Mel and Terri.
9. Why does Mel become more and more animated?
10. Describe the characters' response to Mel's revelation that real love does exist.
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)