|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who decides that calling Mel's children might not be a good idea?
2. Who turns on a light in the room?
(b) No one.
3. What is Mel's profession?
(a) Marriage counselor.
4. Terri teases the other couple for acting as if:
(a) They are on their honeymoon.
(b) They don't like each other much.
(c) They have been together for ten years.
(d) They aren't drunk.
5. Who asks for something to eat before dinner?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mel say he would have liked to have been born in medieval times?
2. What reason does the character give for asking for something to eat before dinner?
3. What is the geographic setting for the story?
4. What reason does Terri give for her ex-boyfriend trying to kill her?
5. Who is distracted from his story about love by having another drink?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two purposes does alcohol seem to serve in the story?
2. What effect does alcohol have on the characters' conversation about real love?
3. Describe Mel's relationship with his ex-wife.
4. Which character is the most likable and why?
5. What does Mel tell Laura he would do if anything happened to their spouses? Why?
6. Describe the symbolism of Mel wanting to wear armor.
7. Do you think Mel's example of real love is an appropriate one? Why or why not?
8. Does Terri think her ex-boyfriend loved her? Why?
9. What does Mel hope will happen to his ex-wife and why?
10. What impact does point of view have on this story?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)