|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often does Mel check in on the old couple?
(b) They are never seen again.
(c) Every day.
(d) Every ten days.
2. How is the depression revealed?
(a) Hospital staff find a letter.
(b) Mel discovers it in a dream.
(c) The old man tells someone.
(d) Mel makes a guess.
3. Where are additional beverages kept?
(a) In the refrigerator.
(b) The cabinet.
(c) On the table.
(d) In the trunk.
4. Why does Mel hope his ex-wife will get injured?
(a) So he can have an excuse to call his children.
(b) So he can come and save her.
(c) So she will die.
(d) So he can come see her in the hospital.
5. What is the relationship between Terri and Nick?
6. Who is married to Nick?
7. In addition to the beverages, what else is passed around during the conversation?
(a) A journal.
(b) An ice bucket.
(c) A photo album.
(d) A guitar.
8. How does the old couple appear in the hospital?
(a) They appear overly happy and excited.
(b) They are encased in body casts.
(c) They are unresponsive.
(d) They appear to hate each other.
9. Which character spent five years in a seminary?
10. What does Mel say he would have liked to have done as a profession?
(b) Wedding planner.
11. Why is the story of the old couple told?
(a) To show how love does not outlast everything.
(b) To describe how vulnerable people become as they age.
(c) To demonstrate the difference between male and female views of love.
(d) To give an example of true love.
12. Who notes that the characters "are all from someplace else"?
13. Who wants to know what the characters are going to do after the glass is spilled?
14. What reason does Terri give for her ex-boyfriend trying to kill her?
(a) He was having hallucinations.
(b) He loved her so much.
(c) Terri tried to kill him first.
(d) He fell in love with someone else.
15. Who tells Mel that every person is different when it comes to love?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the old couple's prognosis?
2. What is Mel's profession?
3. Why is Mel hesitant to call?
4. Why does Mel's wife want this to happen to his ex-wife?
5. What is the geographic setting for the story?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)