|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose glass is overturned on the table at the end of the story?
2. Who brings up the topic of "spiritual love"?
3. How long has Nick been married?
(a) A year and a half.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) He has not yet married.
4. Which character contends that abusive behavior is, in fact, love?
5. Why does Mel say he would have liked to have been born in medieval times?
(a) So he could have worn armor.
(b) So he could have courted a woman more properly.
(c) So he could have had a shorter lifespan.
(d) So he could have cooked better food for "the masses."
6. Why does Mel's wife want this to happen to his ex-wife?
(a) Because she wants to have a place to stay when she and Mel go overseas.
(b) Because she enjoys Mel's ex-wife's company.
(c) Because she is draining Mel financially and emotionally.
(d) Because she is possessive of Mel.
7. Which character claims that no one really knows about love, because "everyone is really just a beginner"?
8. Where are the characters sitting for the duration of the story?
(a) On the floor.
(b) On a windowsill.
(c) On a bench.
(d) In chairs.
9. What hits the old couple's car?
(a) A bicycle.
(b) A falling tree limb.
(c) A car.
(d) A deer.
10. Who is the first one to turn on a light?
(d) No one.
11. Who notes that the characters "are all from someplace else"?
12. Who does Mel say he would go after if his wife died?
(c) Mother Earth.
13. What does Mel say would happen if any of the main characters died?
(a) The other couple would take their partner in as part of the family.
(b) Their partner would die also.
(c) All of the characters' ideas about love would change drastically.
(d) Their partner would grieve and would then search for a new partner.
14. Who is married to Nick?
15. What is the relationship between Nick and Laura?
(a) Friends since childhood.
(b) Father and daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks for something to eat before dinner?
2. Terri recalls a period of her life during which she lived like a:
3. How does the old couple appear in the hospital?
4. Who decides that calling Mel's children might not be a good idea?
5. Who tells the story of the old couple?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)