|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the story of the old couple told?
(a) To show how love does not outlast everything.
(b) To give an example of true love.
(c) To describe how vulnerable people become as they age.
(d) To demonstrate the difference between male and female views of love.
2. Who is distracted from his story about love by having another drink?
3. Where is Mel when Terri's ex-boyfriend is brought to the hospital?
(a) At his home with Terri.
(c) At the restaurant.
(d) At the hospital.
4. What is Mel's profession?
(b) Marriage counselor.
5. Who asks for something to eat before dinner?
6. What time of day does the car accident occur?
(a) It is unclear.
(b) Early morning.
7. Who does Terri say she loved to the point of distraction?
8. What does Mel's wife hope will happen to his ex-wife?
(a) She will move to another country.
(b) She will remarry or die.
(c) She will fall in love with Mel all over again.
(d) She will pay him back alimony and child support.
9. Which character claims that no one really knows about love, because "everyone is really just a beginner"?
10. What is the relationship between Nick and Laura?
(a) Friends since childhood.
(d) Father and daughter.
11. What can the narrator hear near the end of the story?
(a) A childhood song.
(b) A fire burning.
(c) Everyone's heartbeats.
(d) Wine being poured.
12. Which of the characters is clearly an alcoholic?
13. Who says that Terri's ex-boyfriend is so inept that he can't even kill himself properly?
14. Who claims that abusive behavior is not love?
15. What is Terri's ex-boyfriend's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mel's ex-wife's name?
2. Who decides that calling Mel's children might not be a good idea?
3. How long does Terri's ex-boyfriend live after his final suicide attempt?
4. What is the old couple's condition after the accident?
5. Who turns on a light in the room?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)