|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time of day does the story take place?
(a) Late night.
(d) Late afternoon.
2. What happens to Terri's ex-boyfriend after he tried to kill himself?
(a) His face is severely deformed.
(b) He can't walk.
(c) He becomes more violent.
(d) He is unable to speak.
3. What is the geographic setting for the story?
(a) Bar Harbor.
4. What is the beverage of choice throughout the duration of the conversation?
(a) Gin and tonic.
(c) Rum and Coke.
5. Who tells the story of the old couple?
6. Who ends up going to get the snacks?
(b) No one.
7. Who shakes the empty beverage container at Mel?
8. Who does Mel wish to talk with on the phone?
(a) His ex-wife.
(b) No one.
(c) His children.
(d) His parents.
9. Terri recalls a period of her life during which she lived like a:
10. What does Mel say he would have liked to have done as a profession?
(d) Wedding planner.
11. Who feels as if the group is "enchanted" as the conversation continues?
12. What does Mel's wife hope will happen to his ex-wife?
(a) She will pay him back alimony and child support.
(b) She will move to another country.
(c) She will remarry or die.
(d) She will fall in love with Mel all over again.
13. What is Terri's ex-boyfriend's name?
14. How old is Laura?
15. Why does Mel say he would have liked to have been born in medieval times?
(a) So he could have courted a woman more properly.
(b) So he could have had a shorter lifespan.
(c) So he could have worn armor.
(d) So he could have cooked better food for "the masses."
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mel hope his ex-wife will get injured?
2. Who tells Mel that every person is different when it comes to love?
3. Who says that Terri's ex-boyfriend is so inept that he can't even kill himself properly?
4. In addition to the beverages, what else is passed around during the conversation?
5. What reason does the character give for asking for something to eat before dinner?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)