|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mel suggest after the story is interrupted?
(a) That everyone pitch in to help cook dinner.
(b) That everyone go home to bed.
(c) That they stop drinking for awhile.
(d) That everyone have a drink and go to dinner.
2. How does Terri's ex-boyfriend attempt suicide the first time?
(a) Cutting his wrists.
(b) Hanging himself.
(c) Drinking rat poison.
(d) Overdosing on psychiatric medication.
3. What is the main topic of the couples' conversation?
(a) The difference between marriage and cohabitation.
(b) The unrealistic hope of everlasting love.
(c) The meaning of real love.
(d) The ups and downs of married life.
4. How is the temperature of the area the group is sitting in described?
5. Who says they know what love really is and has an example to share?
6. What time of day does the car accident occur?
(b) It is unclear.
(d) Early morning.
7. Who is the first one to turn on a light?
(d) No one.
8. Which of the characters is clearly an alcoholic?
9. How old is Laura?
10. Who tells Mel that every person is different when it comes to love?
11. Who asks Mel to continue the story of the old couple?
12. Who suggests that the group go to dinner?
13. What does Terri say she will bring out for everyone to nibble on?
(a) Homemade cookies.
(c) Cheese and crackers.
14. What is the relationship between Nick and Laura?
(b) Father and daughter.
(d) Friends since childhood.
15. What is dysfunctional about Terri's previous relationship?
(a) They gave away their children.
(b) She would help him commit crimes.
(c) Her boyfriend beat her.
(d) They never lived together.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mel's ex-wife allergic to?
2. Who does Terri say she loved to the point of distraction?
3. How long does Terri's ex-boyfriend live after his final suicide attempt?
4. Which character contends that abusive behavior is, in fact, love?
5. What reason does Mel give for drinking?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)