Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who decides that calling Mel's children might not be a good idea?
2. Where do the old couple move to?
(a) The pediatric ward.
(b) They are immediately discharged from the hospital.
(c) The morgue.
(d) Regular hospital rooms.
3. What is the cause of the old man's depression?
(a) He loses his job.
(b) He is thinking about living the rest of his life as an invalid.
(c) He is unable to see his wife.
(d) He can no longer take part in extramarital affairs.
4. Whose glass is overturned on the table at the end of the story?
5. What reason does Mel give for drinking?
(a) Everyone else is drinking just as much as he.
(b) He thinks it will cure his cold.
(c) He does not have to go to the hospital.
(d) He does not have to go to the restaurant.
6. What is Terri's ex-boyfriend's name?
7. Who bumps Nick's knee under the table?
8. How is the depression revealed?
(a) The old man tells someone.
(b) Hospital staff find a letter.
(c) Mel makes a guess.
(d) Mel discovers it in a dream.
9. How long has Nick been married?
(a) Ten years.
(b) He has not yet married.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) A year and a half.
10. What does Nick do as a sign of romantic love?
(a) Recites poetry.
(b) Kisses his wife's hand.
(c) Gives his wife a rose.
(d) Writes a love song.
11. Who suggests that the group go to dinner?
12. How often does Mel check in on the old couple?
(a) They are never seen again.
(b) Every day.
(c) Every ten days.
13. What is the old couple's condition after the accident?
(a) They are incredibly angry at the hospital and doctors.
(b) They have multiple injuries.
(c) They are not injured other than scrapes and bruises.
(d) Their individual blood pressure readings skyrocket simultaneously.
14. What does Terri say she will bring out for everyone to nibble on?
(a) Homemade cookies.
(d) Cheese and crackers.
15. Who tells the story of the old couple?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mel's ex-wife's name?
2. What does Mel suggest after the story is interrupted?
3. Which of the characters is clearly an alcoholic?
4. Who does Mel wish to talk with on the phone?
5. Why does Mel hope his ex-wife will get injured?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)