|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says they know what love really is and has an example to share?
2. Where are the characters sitting for the duration of the story?
(a) On a windowsill.
(b) On a bench.
(c) In chairs.
(d) On the floor.
3. What is Terri's ex-boyfriend's name?
4. Who reminds Mel that it is for the best that he has his current profession?
(c) Himself (Mel).
5. What is the main topic of the couples' conversation?
(a) The difference between marriage and cohabitation.
(b) The meaning of real love.
(c) The ups and downs of married life.
(d) The unrealistic hope of everlasting love.
6. What is dysfunctional about Terri's previous relationship?
(a) Her boyfriend beat her.
(b) She would help him commit crimes.
(c) They gave away their children.
(d) They never lived together.
7. Who does Mel wish to talk with on the phone?
(a) No one.
(b) His children.
(c) His parents.
(d) His ex-wife.
8. Why does Mel say he would have liked to have been born in medieval times?
(a) So he could have cooked better food for "the masses."
(b) So he could have courted a woman more properly.
(c) So he could have had a shorter lifespan.
(d) So he could have worn armor.
9. What is the old couple's condition after the accident?
(a) They are not injured other than scrapes and bruises.
(b) Their individual blood pressure readings skyrocket simultaneously.
(c) They have multiple injuries.
(d) They are incredibly angry at the hospital and doctors.
10. Terri teases the other couple for acting as if:
(a) They don't like each other much.
(b) They are on their honeymoon.
(c) They aren't drunk.
(d) They have been together for ten years.
11. Who says that Terri's ex-boyfriend is so inept that he can't even kill himself properly?
12. Which of the following does Mel wonder about new love?
(a) Who really believes it will last.
(b) What chemical imbalance causes it to happen.
(c) Why it feels so comforting.
(d) Where it goes.
13. Who asks Mel to continue the story of the old couple?
14. Why does Terri chastise Mel?
(a) For acting childish.
(b) For being insensitive and drinking too much.
(c) For showing her too much physical affection.
(d) For insulting others in the conversation.
15. Where does the story take place?
(a) Nick's porch.
(b) Mel's kitchen.
(c) A coffee shop.
(d) A parking lot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nick notice after the story is over?
2. Who does Terri say she loved to the point of distraction?
3. What is Mel's ex-wife's name?
4. "What We Talk About When We Talk About Love" is a(n) ________ story of ____________ couples.
5. Where is Mel when Terri's ex-boyfriend is brought to the hospital?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)