|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character spent five years in a seminary?
2. What is the relationship between Nick and Laura?
(c) Friends since childhood.
(d) Father and daughter.
3. Who threatens to kill Mel?
4. Who does Mel say he would go after if his wife died?
(d) Mother Earth.
5. What does Mel suggest after the story is interrupted?
(a) That they stop drinking for awhile.
(b) That everyone pitch in to help cook dinner.
(c) That everyone have a drink and go to dinner.
(d) That everyone go home to bed.
6. What happens immediately after the story of the old couple is over?
(a) No one speaks.
(b) One of the couples decides to get a divorce.
(c) The fire alarm goes off.
(d) The wine bottle crashes to the floor.
7. What reason does Mel give for drinking?
(a) He does not have to go to the hospital.
(b) Everyone else is drinking just as much as he.
(c) He thinks it will cure his cold.
(d) He does not have to go to the restaurant.
8. Why does Mel's wife want this to happen to his ex-wife?
(a) Because she wants to have a place to stay when she and Mel go overseas.
(b) Because she is possessive of Mel.
(c) Because she enjoys Mel's ex-wife's company.
(d) Because she is draining Mel financially and emotionally.
9. Who asks for something to eat before dinner?
10. Who is the narrator?
11. What reason does the character give for asking for something to eat before dinner?
(a) She/he is drunk and needs to sober up.
(b) She/he is very hungry.
(c) She/he is getting bored.
(d) She/he wants to give the hostess something to do.
12. Who tells the story of the old couple?
13. Who is the first one to turn on a light?
(a) No one.
14. How does Terri's ex-boyfriend attempt suicide the first time?
(a) Hanging himself.
(b) Cutting his wrists.
(c) Overdosing on psychiatric medication.
(d) Drinking rat poison.
15. How long has Nick been married?
(a) A year and a half.
(b) Ten years.
(c) He has not yet married.
(d) Two weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Laura?
2. Who feels as if the group is "enchanted" as the conversation continues?
3. What happens to the teenager after the accident?
4. Why is Mel hesitant to call?
5. Terri recalls a period of her life during which she lived like a:
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)