|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Terri give for her ex-boyfriend trying to kill her?
(a) Terri tried to kill him first.
(b) He was having hallucinations.
(c) He fell in love with someone else.
(d) He loved her so much.
2. Where is Mel when Terri's ex-boyfriend is brought to the hospital?
(b) At the hospital.
(c) At his home with Terri.
(d) At the restaurant.
3. Who is married to Nick?
4. What is Mel's ex-wife's name?
5. Who is distracted from his story about love by having another drink?
6. How old is Laura?
7. Who bumps Nick's knee under the table?
8. Who reminds Mel that it is for the best that he has his current profession?
(b) Himself (Mel).
9. Terri teases the other couple for acting as if:
(a) They have been together for ten years.
(b) They aren't drunk.
(c) They are on their honeymoon.
(d) They don't like each other much.
10. Who says they know what love really is and has an example to share?
11. Where are the characters sitting for the duration of the story?
(a) On a bench.
(b) In chairs.
(c) On the floor.
(d) On a windowsill.
12. What does Terri say she will bring out for everyone to nibble on?
(b) Homemade cookies.
(c) Cheese and crackers.
13. How long has Nick been married?
(a) A year and a half.
(b) He has not yet married.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Ten years.
14. Who does Mel wish to talk with on the phone?
(a) His children.
(b) No one.
(c) His parents.
(d) His ex-wife.
15. Who is the first one to turn on a light?
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks Mel to continue the story of the old couple?
2. Where does the story take place?
3. What can the narrator hear near the end of the story?
4. Who ends up going to get the snacks?
5. What is the relationship between Nick and Laura?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)