|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Terri chastise Mel?
(a) For acting childish.
(b) For being insensitive and drinking too much.
(c) For insulting others in the conversation.
(d) For showing her too much physical affection.
2. What happens at the end of the story?
(a) Everyone goes home.
(b) The sun sets.
(c) The sun rises.
(d) Everyone starts crying.
3. Who says that Terri's ex-boyfriend is so inept that he can't even kill himself properly?
4. Who asks for something to eat before dinner?
5. What happens to Terri's ex-boyfriend after he tried to kill himself?
(a) He becomes more violent.
(b) He is unable to speak.
(c) His face is severely deformed.
(d) He can't walk.
6. Which of the characters is clearly an alcoholic?
7. Who threatens to kill Mel?
8. Who says they know what love really is and has an example to share?
9. Where is Mel when Terri's ex-boyfriend is brought to the hospital?
(b) At his home with Terri.
(c) At the restaurant.
(d) At the hospital.
10. How is the depression revealed?
(a) The old man tells someone.
(b) Hospital staff find a letter.
(c) Mel discovers it in a dream.
(d) Mel makes a guess.
11. Who tells the story of the old couple?
12. Who is distracted from his story about love by having another drink?
13. What does Terri say she will bring out for everyone to nibble on?
(a) Homemade cookies.
(d) Cheese and crackers.
14. What happens to the teenager after the accident?
(a) The teenager dies.
(b) The doctors are not sure.
(c) The teenager suffers multiple brain injuries.
(d) The teenager is bruised but not as badly injured as the older couple.
15. Mel claims he loved:
(b) Feeling sober.
(c) His job.
(d) His first wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Terri's ex-boyfriend live after his final suicide attempt?
2. What happens immediately after the story of the old couple is over?
3. "What We Talk About When We Talk About Love" is a(n) ________ story of ____________ couples.
4. How does the old couple appear in the hospital?
5. Who does Terri say she loved to the point of distraction?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)