|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who bumps Nick's knee under the table?
2. What reason does Mel give for drinking?
(a) Everyone else is drinking just as much as he.
(b) He thinks it will cure his cold.
(c) He does not have to go to the restaurant.
(d) He does not have to go to the hospital.
3. What reason does Terri give for her ex-boyfriend trying to kill her?
(a) He fell in love with someone else.
(b) Terri tried to kill him first.
(c) He loved her so much.
(d) He was having hallucinations.
4. Why does Mel say he would have liked to have been born in medieval times?
(a) So he could have worn armor.
(b) So he could have cooked better food for "the masses."
(c) So he could have had a shorter lifespan.
(d) So he could have courted a woman more properly.
5. Where do the old couple move to?
(a) Regular hospital rooms.
(b) They are immediately discharged from the hospital.
(c) The pediatric ward.
(d) The morgue.
6. Where does the story take place?
(a) Mel's kitchen.
(b) A parking lot.
(c) Nick's porch.
(d) A coffee shop.
7. Mel claims he loved:
(b) His first wife.
(c) Feeling sober.
(d) His job.
8. What does Mel's wife hope will happen to his ex-wife?
(a) She will remarry or die.
(b) She will fall in love with Mel all over again.
(c) She will move to another country.
(d) She will pay him back alimony and child support.
9. What is the beverage of choice throughout the duration of the conversation?
(a) Gin and tonic.
(b) Rum and Coke.
10. Who is married to Nick?
11. Which of the following does Mel wonder about new love?
(a) Where it goes.
(b) Why it feels so comforting.
(c) Who really believes it will last.
(d) What chemical imbalance causes it to happen.
12. Who ends up going to get the snacks?
(c) No one.
13. Who claims that abusive behavior is not love?
14. Who decides that calling Mel's children might not be a good idea?
15. Who feels as if the group is "enchanted" as the conversation continues?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the spilled glass?
2. What does Terri suggest Mel do to make himself feel better?
3. Which character contends that abusive behavior is, in fact, love?
4. What is the geographic setting for the story?
5. What is the old couple's condition after the accident?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)