Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who notes that the characters "are all from someplace else"?
2. What time of day does the car accident occur?
(c) Early morning.
(d) It is unclear.
3. Which of the characters is clearly an alcoholic?
4. What is the geographic setting for the story?
(a) Bar Harbor.
5. Who reminds Mel that it is for the best that he has his current profession?
(d) Himself (Mel).
6. How long does Terri's ex-boyfriend live after his final suicide attempt?
(a) Five minutes.
(b) He died instantly.
(c) Three days.
(d) Four years.
7. Which character claims that no one really knows about love, because "everyone is really just a beginner"?
8. Why is the story of the old couple told?
(a) To describe how vulnerable people become as they age.
(b) To give an example of true love.
(c) To demonstrate the difference between male and female views of love.
(d) To show how love does not outlast everything.
9. How long has Nick been married?
(a) Ten years.
(b) A year and a half.
(c) He has not yet married.
(d) Two weeks.
10. What does Nick do as a sign of romantic love?
(a) Gives his wife a rose.
(b) Recites poetry.
(c) Kisses his wife's hand.
(d) Writes a love song.
11. What does Mel say would happen if any of the main characters died?
(a) Their partner would grieve and would then search for a new partner.
(b) Their partner would die also.
(c) All of the characters' ideas about love would change drastically.
(d) The other couple would take their partner in as part of the family.
12. What does Terri suggest Mel do to make himself feel better?
(a) Go to bed.
(b) Have a drink.
(c) Call his parents.
(d) Take medication.
13. What does Terri say she will bring out for everyone to nibble on?
(b) Cheese and crackers.
(d) Homemade cookies.
14. How often does Mel check in on the old couple?
(a) Every ten days.
(b) Every day.
(d) They are never seen again.
15. What is Mel's profession?
(a) Marriage counselor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the old couple's prognosis?
2. Why does Mel hope his ex-wife will get injured?
3. How does Terri's ex-boyfriend eventually kill himself?
4. Who bumps Nick's knee under the table?
5. Who feels as if the group is "enchanted" as the conversation continues?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)