|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Terri's ex-boyfriend attempt suicide the first time?
(a) Drinking rat poison.
(b) Hanging himself.
(c) Overdosing on psychiatric medication.
(d) Cutting his wrists.
2. What happens immediately after the story of the old couple is over?
(a) The fire alarm goes off.
(b) No one speaks.
(c) One of the couples decides to get a divorce.
(d) The wine bottle crashes to the floor.
3. Who is distracted from his story about love by having another drink?
4. In addition to the beverages, what else is passed around during the conversation?
(a) A photo album.
(b) A journal.
(c) An ice bucket.
(d) A guitar.
5. How old is Laura?
6. Who is the narrator?
7. Why does Mel's wife want this to happen to his ex-wife?
(a) Because she is possessive of Mel.
(b) Because she enjoys Mel's ex-wife's company.
(c) Because she is draining Mel financially and emotionally.
(d) Because she wants to have a place to stay when she and Mel go overseas.
8. Where are the characters sitting for the duration of the story?
(a) On a windowsill.
(b) On the floor.
(c) In chairs.
(d) On a bench.
9. What is the main topic of the couples' conversation?
(a) The meaning of real love.
(b) The difference between marriage and cohabitation.
(c) The unrealistic hope of everlasting love.
(d) The ups and downs of married life.
10. Why does Terri chastise Mel?
(a) For being insensitive and drinking too much.
(b) For insulting others in the conversation.
(c) For acting childish.
(d) For showing her too much physical affection.
11. What is the relationship between Nick and Laura?
(a) Friends since childhood.
(c) Father and daughter.
12. How is the temperature of the area the group is sitting in described?
13. What does Mel say he would have liked to have done as a profession?
(d) Wedding planner.
14. Who asks for something to eat before dinner?
15. What reason does Terri give for her ex-boyfriend trying to kill her?
(a) He loved her so much.
(b) He fell in love with someone else.
(c) Terri tried to kill him first.
(d) He was having hallucinations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the cause of the old man's depression?
2. Who claims that abusive behavior is not love?
3. What happens at the end of the story?
4. Who does Mel wish to talk with on the phone?
5. Why is Mel hesitant to call?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)