|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are additional beverages kept?
(a) In the trunk.
(b) In the refrigerator.
(c) The cabinet.
(d) On the table.
2. Terri recalls a period of her life during which she lived like a:
3. What does Mel's wife hope will happen to his ex-wife?
(a) She will remarry or die.
(b) She will fall in love with Mel all over again.
(c) She will pay him back alimony and child support.
(d) She will move to another country.
4. Who claims that abusive behavior is not love?
5. Which character contends that abusive behavior is, in fact, love?
6. What happens to Terri's ex-boyfriend after he tried to kill himself?
(a) He becomes more violent.
(b) He can't walk.
(c) His face is severely deformed.
(d) He is unable to speak.
7. How old is Laura?
8. What does Nick do as a sign of romantic love?
(a) Gives his wife a rose.
(b) Writes a love song.
(c) Recites poetry.
(d) Kisses his wife's hand.
9. What is the main topic of the couples' conversation?
(a) The difference between marriage and cohabitation.
(b) The ups and downs of married life.
(c) The meaning of real love.
(d) The unrealistic hope of everlasting love.
10. Why does Terri chastise Mel?
(a) For acting childish.
(b) For insulting others in the conversation.
(c) For being insensitive and drinking too much.
(d) For showing her too much physical affection.
11. How is the depression revealed?
(a) Mel discovers it in a dream.
(b) Hospital staff find a letter.
(c) The old man tells someone.
(d) Mel makes a guess.
12. Terri teases the other couple for acting as if:
(a) They don't like each other much.
(b) They are on their honeymoon.
(c) They have been together for ten years.
(d) They aren't drunk.
13. How often does Mel check in on the old couple?
(b) They are never seen again.
(c) Every day.
(d) Every ten days.
14. What is the relationship between Nick and Laura?
(c) Friends since childhood.
(d) Father and daughter.
15. What does Mel say he would have liked to have done as a profession?
(b) Wedding planner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Terri's ex-boyfriend's name?
2. How does Terri's ex-boyfriend eventually kill himself?
3. What is the old couple's prognosis?
4. Which character spent five years in a seminary?
5. Where do the old couple move to?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)