|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nick notice after the story is over?
(a) The sun is rising.
(b) Everyone is crying.
(c) The narrator has his arm around someone else's wife.
(d) The afternoon light is waning.
2. Who decides that calling Mel's children might not be a good idea?
3. What is the relationship between Nick and Laura?
(a) Friends since childhood.
(c) Father and daughter.
4. Who tells the story of the old couple?
5. How often does Mel check in on the old couple?
(b) Every day.
(c) Every ten days.
(d) They are never seen again.
6. How long has Nick been married?
(a) Ten years.
(b) He has not yet married.
(c) A year and a half.
(d) Two weeks.
7. What is dysfunctional about Terri's previous relationship?
(a) She would help him commit crimes.
(b) Her boyfriend beat her.
(c) They never lived together.
(d) They gave away their children.
8. Where are additional beverages kept?
(a) The cabinet.
(b) In the refrigerator.
(c) In the trunk.
(d) On the table.
9. How does Terri's ex-boyfriend eventually kill himself?
(a) He stops eating.
(b) He stabs himself in Mel's kitchen.
(c) He shoots himself in the head.
(d) He runs his car over a bridge.
10. Who is the narrator?
11. Who brings up the topic of "spiritual love"?
12. What is Terri's ex-boyfriend's name?
13. What reason does Terri give for her ex-boyfriend trying to kill her?
(a) He fell in love with someone else.
(b) He was having hallucinations.
(c) He loved her so much.
(d) Terri tried to kill him first.
14. Who feels as if the group is "enchanted" as the conversation continues?
15. What is the old couple's condition after the accident?
(a) Their individual blood pressure readings skyrocket simultaneously.
(b) They are incredibly angry at the hospital and doctors.
(c) They are not injured other than scrapes and bruises.
(d) They have multiple injuries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the cause of the old man's depression?
2. What happens to Terri's ex-boyfriend after he tried to kill himself?
3. Who does Mel wish to talk with on the phone?
4. Why is Mel hesitant to call?
5. What does Mel's wife hope will happen to his ex-wife?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)