|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Terri say she loved to the point of distraction?
2. Where is Mel when Terri's ex-boyfriend is brought to the hospital?
(a) At the hospital.
(b) At his home with Terri.
(c) At the restaurant.
3. How does Terri's ex-boyfriend eventually kill himself?
(a) He runs his car over a bridge.
(b) He stops eating.
(c) He shoots himself in the head.
(d) He stabs himself in Mel's kitchen.
4. Which of the characters is clearly an alcoholic?
5. Why does Mel's wife want this to happen to his ex-wife?
(a) Because she is draining Mel financially and emotionally.
(b) Because she is possessive of Mel.
(c) Because she wants to have a place to stay when she and Mel go overseas.
(d) Because she enjoys Mel's ex-wife's company.
6. What can the narrator hear near the end of the story?
(a) Wine being poured.
(b) Everyone's heartbeats.
(c) A childhood song.
(d) A fire burning.
7. Why does Mel hope his ex-wife will get injured?
(a) So he can come see her in the hospital.
(b) So he can come and save her.
(c) So he can have an excuse to call his children.
(d) So she will die.
8. What hits the old couple's car?
(a) A deer.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) A falling tree limb.
(d) A car.
9. How does the old couple appear in the hospital?
(a) They appear to hate each other.
(b) They are encased in body casts.
(c) They are unresponsive.
(d) They appear overly happy and excited.
10. Who suggests that the group go to dinner?
11. What time of day does the story take place?
(c) Late night.
(d) Late afternoon.
12. Who notes that the characters "are all from someplace else"?
13. What is the old couple's condition after the accident?
(a) They have multiple injuries.
(b) They are incredibly angry at the hospital and doctors.
(c) Their individual blood pressure readings skyrocket simultaneously.
(d) They are not injured other than scrapes and bruises.
14. How old is Laura?
15. What does Mel say he would have liked to have done as a profession?
(c) Wedding planner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character spent five years in a seminary?
2. What does Nick do as a sign of romantic love?
3. What is Mel's ex-wife's name?
4. What is the old couple's prognosis?
5. Who says they know what love really is and has an example to share?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)