|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the old couple's prognosis?
(a) They will have to live at an assisted living facility the rest of their lives.
(b) They die soon after the accident.
(c) Good, if they get divorced.
(d) They will be fine after recovering.
2. Who bumps Nick's knee under the table?
3. What is the beverage of choice throughout the duration of the conversation?
(a) Gin and tonic.
(c) Rum and Coke.
4. Who says that Terri's ex-boyfriend is so inept that he can't even kill himself properly?
5. Who threatens to kill Mel?
6. Who tells the story of the old couple?
7. Where does the story take place?
(a) A parking lot.
(b) Mel's kitchen.
(c) Nick's porch.
(d) A coffee shop.
8. What happens to Terri's ex-boyfriend after he tried to kill himself?
(a) He is unable to speak.
(b) His face is severely deformed.
(c) He becomes more violent.
(d) He can't walk.
9. How does the old couple appear in the hospital?
(a) They appear overly happy and excited.
(b) They appear to hate each other.
(c) They are unresponsive.
(d) They are encased in body casts.
10. Who asks for something to eat before dinner?
11. "What We Talk About When We Talk About Love" is a(n) ________ story of ____________ couples.
(a) Descriptive; mild-mannered.
(b) Abridged; unhappy.
(c) Short; married.
(d) Non-fiction; divorcing.
12. What reason does the character give for asking for something to eat before dinner?
(a) She/he wants to give the hostess something to do.
(b) She/he is very hungry.
(c) She/he is getting bored.
(d) She/he is drunk and needs to sober up.
13. Where are additional beverages kept?
(a) The cabinet.
(b) In the refrigerator.
(c) In the trunk.
(d) On the table.
14. Who turns on a light in the room?
(c) No one.
15. Which of the characters is clearly an alcoholic?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mel's profession?
2. How long does Terri's ex-boyfriend live after his final suicide attempt?
3. Who tells Mel that every person is different when it comes to love?
4. Who does Terri say she loved to the point of distraction?
5. What is the relationship between Nick and Laura?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)