|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mel say he would have liked to have been born in medieval times?
(a) So he could have had a shorter lifespan.
(b) So he could have worn armor.
(c) So he could have courted a woman more properly.
(d) So he could have cooked better food for "the masses."
2. What does Mel's wife hope will happen to his ex-wife?
(a) She will fall in love with Mel all over again.
(b) She will pay him back alimony and child support.
(c) She will move to another country.
(d) She will remarry or die.
3. How long has Nick been married?
(a) A year and a half.
(b) He has not yet married.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Two weeks.
4. Who does Mel say he would go after if his wife died?
(b) Mother Earth.
5. What does Terri suggest Mel do to make himself feel better?
(a) Have a drink.
(b) Go to bed.
(c) Call his parents.
(d) Take medication.
6. Who wants to know what the characters are going to do after the glass is spilled?
7. Who is the first one to turn on a light?
(b) No one.
8. What is the main topic of the couples' conversation?
(a) The difference between marriage and cohabitation.
(b) The unrealistic hope of everlasting love.
(c) The meaning of real love.
(d) The ups and downs of married life.
9. What is the beverage of choice throughout the duration of the conversation?
(a) Gin and tonic.
(b) Rum and Coke.
10. Who does Terri say she loved to the point of distraction?
11. Who says they know what love really is and has an example to share?
12. Which of the characters is clearly an alcoholic?
13. Terri recalls a period of her life during which she lived like a:
14. Who ends up going to get the snacks?
(c) No one.
15. How does the old couple appear in the hospital?
(a) They appear overly happy and excited.
(b) They are unresponsive.
(c) They are encased in body casts.
(d) They appear to hate each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often does Mel check in on the old couple?
2. Who is married to Nick?
3. What is the relationship between Nick and Laura?
4. Who shakes the empty beverage container at Mel?
5. Where does the story take place?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)