|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mel, did Terri love her ex-boyfriend?
(a) She loved him only after he died.
(b) The author does not address this topic.
(c) No, she only thought she did.
(d) Yes, she must have.
2. What does Nick notice after the story is over?
(a) Everyone is crying.
(b) The afternoon light is waning.
(c) The narrator has his arm around someone else's wife.
(d) The sun is rising.
3. What does Mel's wife hope will happen to his ex-wife?
(a) She will pay him back alimony and child support.
(b) She will remarry or die.
(c) She will move to another country.
(d) She will fall in love with Mel all over again.
4. What term best describes Mel's nature?
5. What reason does Mel give for drinking?
(a) He does not have to go to the restaurant.
(b) He does not have to go to the hospital.
(c) He thinks it will cure his cold.
(d) Everyone else is drinking just as much as he.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day does the car accident occur?
2. According to the author, what characteristics are typically granted to the heart?
3. Who asks Mel to continue the story of the old couple?
4. As Carver's story progresses, how do Mel and Terri's attitudes toward each other change?
5. What happens to the teenager after the accident?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)