|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following describes the literary device Carver uses when Terri and Mel talk about Terri's past relationship in detail?
(c) Dramatic irony.
2. Mel claims he loved:
(a) Feeling sober.
(c) His first wife.
(d) His job.
3. After Mel finished his story, who does the narrator think knows the meaning of true love?
(c) No one.
4. Which character becomes increasingly offensive over the course of the story?
5. Why does Mel hope his ex-wife will get injured?
(a) So he can have an excuse to call his children.
(b) So he can come and save her.
(c) So she will die.
(d) So he can come see her in the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters are able to loosen up over the course of the story?
2. Who is the first one to turn on a light?
3. How does the tone change as the story progresses?
4. Which of the characters is clearly an alcoholic?
5. In what part of the story does the exposition appear?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)