|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the story take place?
(a) A parking lot.
(b) Mel's kitchen.
(c) Nick's porch.
(d) A coffee shop.
2. Who is the narrator?
3. What does Mel say he would have liked to have done as a profession?
(b) Wedding planner.
4. What is Nick's understanding of Terri and Mel's relationship?
(a) It is unromantic and hostile.
(b) It is strong and full of love for each other.
(c) He is neutral toward their relationship.
(d) It is something he wants to work toward.
5. Which of the following is the resolution to the story of the old couple?
(a) They recover and are discharged from the hospital.
(b) They realize that they are not meant to be together.
(c) There is no resolution.
(d) They both end up dying.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mel hesitant to call?
2. What purpose does foil serve in this story?
3. Who can be said to be Mel's foil in this story?
4. How does the author characterize Terri and Mel's relationship?
5. What can be said to be a motif in Carver's story?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)