|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the resolution following the climax?
(a) The acceptance of Laura by Terri and Nick.
(b) The characters meditating on the meaning of love.
(c) The compromise between Nick and Mel.
(d) The sun rising.
2. Who asks Mel to continue the story of the old couple?
3. What is the relationship between Terri and Nick?
4. How long has Nick been married?
(a) He has not yet married.
(b) Ten years.
(c) A year and a half.
(d) Two weeks.
5. Over what length of time does this story take place?
(a) One evening.
(b) About thirty minutes.
(c) One week.
(d) Two days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Mel wonder about new love?
2. Which of the following literary techniques does the author use in comparing Mel's profession with the topic of conversation?
3. When the author uses the term 'universal', to what is he referring?
4. What literary tool is used in the story of the old couple and Mel and Terri's relationship?
5. Who tells Mel that every person is different when it comes to love?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)