|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main topic of the couples' conversation?
(a) The meaning of real love.
(b) The ups and downs of married life.
(c) The difference between marriage and cohabitation.
(d) The unrealistic hope of everlasting love.
2. What does Mel suggest after the story is interrupted?
(a) That everyone go home to bed.
(b) That everyone have a drink and go to dinner.
(c) That everyone pitch in to help cook dinner.
(d) That they stop drinking for awhile.
3. What happens at the end of the story?
(a) The sun sets.
(b) Everyone goes home.
(c) Everyone starts crying.
(d) The sun rises.
4. How old is Laura?
5. What does Nick notice after the story is over?
(a) The sun is rising.
(b) Everyone is crying.
(c) The narrator has his arm around someone else's wife.
(d) The afternoon light is waning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mel wish to talk with on the phone?
2. Why does Terri chastise Mel?
3. Where does the story take place?
4. Who bumps Nick's knee under the table?
5. What happens to Terri's ex-boyfriend after he tried to kill himself?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)