|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mel begin telling his story?
(a) Others ask him if he has any stories to tell.
(b) He is intoxicated and doesn't know what he is doing.
(c) To explain the meaning of real love.
(d) He is bored.
2. Which of the following is a symbol in this story?
(b) The heart.
3. What happens to the teenager after the accident?
(a) The teenager dies.
(b) The doctors are not sure.
(c) The teenager suffers multiple brain injuries.
(d) The teenager is bruised but not as badly injured as the older couple.
4. With whom does Mel appear to be in conflict over the concept of love more than any other character?
5. Why does Terri chastise Mel?
(a) For being insensitive and drinking too much.
(b) For insulting others in the conversation.
(c) For showing her too much physical affection.
(d) For acting childish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nick notice after the story is over?
2. Which of the following does Mel wonder about new love?
3. What is Mel unable to do in this story?
4. Which of the characters seems to realize first that Mel's desire to experience real love is not yet fulfilled?
5. Who is distracted from his story about love by having another drink?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)