|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Terri say she loved to the point of distraction?
2. Who notes that the characters "are all from someplace else"?
3. What can describe Mel's behavior as the conversation progresses?
4. In what part of the story does the exposition appear?
(a) The middle.
(b) There is not exposition in this story.
(c) The end.
(d) The beginning.
5. What happens to the teenager after the accident?
(a) The teenager is bruised but not as badly injured as the older couple.
(b) The doctors are not sure.
(c) The teenager suffers multiple brain injuries.
(d) The teenager dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can be said to be a motif in Carver's story?
2. According to the author, what is the ultimate conclusion about the meaning of love?
3. Who asks Mel to continue the story of the old couple?
4. According to the author, what characteristics are typically granted to the heart?
5. How does the author characterize Nick?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)