|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who kills a cop in Chapter 18?
2. What does the Amtrak conductor find when he looks in the roomette?
(a) A note addressed to the conductor.
(b) A note addressed to the police.
(c) A strange man.
(d) No one.
3. What does Highhawk invite Chee to admire?
(a) His kachina collection.
(b) His fetish collection.
(c) His pipe collection.
(d) His drum collection.
4. Where do Chee and Janet go on the Metro?
(a) Janet's office.
(b) The Smithsonian.
(c) Highhawk's home.
(d) Janet's apartment.
5. Who is coming to visit the Smithsonian?
(a) The President of Ecuador.
(b) The President of Mexico.
(c) General Ramon Huerta Cardona.
(d) General Jose Juarez.
Short Answer Questions
1. How can Chee tell the Yeibichai is a replica?
2. What does Leroy Fleck locate?
3. About whom does Leaphorn ask his interrogators?
4. Who does Chee discuss with Leaphorn?
5. What is under Highhawk's body?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Leaphorn find an address for the victim that was dumped in the desert?
2. What lesson does Fleck remember from his childhood?
3. Besides a Yeibichai mask, what else does Chee find of interest in Highhawk's office?
4. With whom do Chee and Leaphorn meet and what does Chee tell the person?
5. Describe Fleck's conversation with "The Client" after reading the newspaper articles.
6. What does the man who was the conductor on the Amtrak train which stopped in the desert in New Mexico tell Joe Leaphorn?
7. What is the possible history of the Inca mask of the god Viracocha?
8. Who comes to Leaphorn's hotel room and what do they want and how does Leaphorn handle the situation?
9. Who does Fleck follow to the Smithsonian?
10. Whose body is found in some bushes and what is the cause of death?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)