|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose body was discovered under some bushes?
(c) No one.
2. What does Fleck do after seeing the article about Elogio Santillanes y Jimenez?
(a) Calls a Washington, D. C. police detective.
(b) Calls The Client.
(c) Calls the FBI.
(d) Shoots a hole in the wall of his apartment.
3. How can Chee tell the Yeibichai is a replica?
(a) There is no corn pollen on it.
(b) He cannot tell if it is original or not.
(c) The colors are slightly the wrong hue.
(d) There is a made in China sticker on it.
4. To what is the cassette recorder found in Highhawk's pocket wired?
(b) A small camera.
(c) A watch.
(d) A low voltage meter.
5. Where does Captain Rodney meet Leaphorn?
(a) The downtown police station.
(b) Highhawk's townhouse.
(c) Janet Pete's office.
(d) A coffee shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fleck think about after making a phone call?
2. Who is coming to visit the Smithsonian?
3. Who had collected the Indian skeletons that the Smithsonian has in its possession?
4. In what State penitentiary does Fleck do time?
5. About what do Chee and Leaphorn disagree?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the prosecutors offer Highhawk and what is his response?
2. Why do Chee and Highhawk agree to meet at the museum?
3. How does Fleck's childhood lesson serve him while he is in prison and as a hired killer?
4. Who does Fleck follow to the Smithsonian?
5. How does Leaphorn find an address for the victim that was dumped in the desert?
6. Describe the conversation between Fleck and the Client and Fleck's reaction afterward.
7. What has Fleck done to the nursing home director and why?
8. What does the man who was the conductor on the Amtrak train which stopped in the desert in New Mexico tell Joe Leaphorn?
9. What does Fleck read in the newspaper about Cardona and about the man Fleck murders in the desert?
10. What does Leaphorn observe about the handwriting on papers in the victim's luggage and what does he realize about one of the papers?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)