|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chee wish to see?
(a) The Vietnam memorial.
(b) The White House.
(c) The Tano God of Rain fetish.
(d) The Tano Twin War God fetish.
2. About what do Chee and Leaphorn disagree?
(a) About whether or not Highhawk was insane.
(b) About the bones of Navajo people.
(c) If Chee should date Janet Pete.
(d) If Leaphorn should tell the press that the FBI did not identify the desert corpse.
3. What does Leroy Fleck locate?
(a) A hidden microphone in his office.
(b) A valuable Native American artifact.
(c) The phone booth to which he was directed.
(d) A valuable ring.
4. What does Fleck want to photograph?
(a) His daughter with a gang.
(b) His partner embezzling.
(c) The client.
(d) His wife with another man.
5. How do Leaphorn's interrogators act?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Fleck need immediately?
2. What does Chee do when Highhawk receives a phone call and excuses himself?
3. How long did Elogio Santillanes y Jimenez have to remained a "John Doe" for Fleck to be paid by The Client?
4. Why does Highhawk wish to speak with Janet Pete privately?
5. What is under Highhawk's body?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Fleck's conversation with "The Client" after reading the newspaper articles.
2. Besides a Yeibichai mask, what else does Chee find of interest in Highhawk's office?
3. Who comes to Leaphorn's hotel room and what do they want and how does Leaphorn handle the situation?
4. What does the recording found with Highhawk reveal?
5. What do the prosecutors offer Highhawk and what is his response?
6. What does Leaphorn learn when he calls his office?
7. What lesson does Fleck remember from his childhood?
8. Describe the conversation between Leroy and Delmar Fleck.
9. Why do Chee and Highhawk agree to meet at the museum?
10. What does Jim Chee find in Highhawk's office and what does he think of it?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)