|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Leaphorn learn the killer's address?
(a) From Henry Highhawk.
(b) Through the Washington, D. C. police.
(c) Through a want ad circled in the paper on the victim.
(d) By a pharmacist.
2. What myth do the surreal drawings represent that Chee studies in Highhawk's office?
(a) Water Girl.
(b) Holy Boy.
(c) Water Boy.
(d) Holy Girl.
3. Why does Leaphorn miss Emma particularly at this moment?
(a) Because he feels lonely in such a large city.
(b) Because she would love to see the Native American exhibit at the Smithsonian.
(c) For her reassurance that he is not a failure.
(d) Because they had their honeymoon near the area.
4. What does Fleck think about after making a phone call?
(a) Killing his mother.
(b) How to get 3000 dollars.
(c) Leaving town.
(d) How to kill the nursing home director.
5. What is Leaphorn's typical outfit at home?
(a) The uniform of the Nez Pez Tribal Police.
(b) Business suit.
(c) Jeans and flannel shirt.
(d) The uniform of the Navajo Tribal Police.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Chee finally leave Highhawk's office at the museum?
2. What is one thing a brief newspaper article says about Elogio Santillanes y Jimenez?
3. What other Native American artifacts are in Highhawk's office?
4. What does Chee do when Highhawk receives a phone call and excuses himself?
5. What is the name of the exhibit Highhawk is setting up?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Leaphorn find an address for the victim that was dumped in the desert?
2. Whose body is found in some bushes and what is the cause of death?
3. What does Leaphorn learn when he calls his office?
4. Who comes to Leaphorn's hotel room and what do they want and how does Leaphorn handle the situation?
5. What does Leaphorn observe about the handwriting on papers in the victim's luggage and what does he realize about one of the papers?
6. With whom does Chee have breakfast and what amazes Chee?
7. What is Fleck's association with Eddy Elkins and why does Fleck think of him in this chapter?
8. What does Chee conclude about the Yeibichai mask and how does he come to that conclusion?
9. What lesson does Fleck remember from his childhood?
10. What has Fleck done to the nursing home director and why?
This section contains 1,007 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)