|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is at Highhawk's townhouse when Chee and Leaphorn arrive?
(a) No one.
(c) Janet Pete.
2. For what is Fleck still searching?
(a) His missing daughter.
(b) A nursing home for his mother.
(c) His wife who leaves him.
(d) A man he is supposed to incapacitate.
3. Why does Chee finally leave Highhawk's office at the museum?
(a) Highhawk does not return.
(b) He gets a call from Janet Pete.
(c) He is to meet a police officer for lunch.
(d) He gets a call from Joe Leaphorn.
4. What did Fleck kill three inmates?
(a) He only killed one man who stabbed him.
(b) They raped him.
(c) They threatened to send someone to kill his mother.
(d) They were doing time for really heinous crimes.
5. What is the purpose of the dance for Anges Tsosie?
(a) To restore her to harmony with her fate.
(b) To entertain her in her last hours.
(c) To cure her of liver cancer.
(d) To cure her of her brain tumor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Chee, Leaphorn and Rodney checking in the museum?
2. Who does the reader learn is "The Client"?
3. Why is Highhawk unwilling to accept what Janet tells him?
4. Who kills a cop in Chapter 18?
5. What does Chee do when Highhawk receives a phone call and excuses himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens while Highhawk and Chee are sitting in Highhawk's office and what does Chee do?
2. What does Leaphorn observe about the handwriting on papers in the victim's luggage and what does he realize about one of the papers?
3. Describe Fleck's conversation with "The Client" after reading the newspaper articles.
4. What do the prosecutors offer Highhawk and what is his response?
5. Who comes to Leaphorn's hotel room and what do they want and how does Leaphorn handle the situation?
6. Describe the conversation between Fleck and the Client and Fleck's reaction afterward.
7. Besides a Yeibichai mask, what else does Chee find of interest in Highhawk's office?
8. What does Leaphorn learn when he calls his office?
9. Who does Fleck follow to the Smithsonian?
10. With whom does Chee have breakfast and what amazes Chee?
This section contains 1,001 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)