|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a song on the recorder found on Highhawk?
(a) A song from the Night Chant.
(b) An explanation about why he killed Yoakum.
(c) A song from a Zuni Rain Dance.
(d) There are no songs; just talking.
2. For what is Fleck still searching?
(a) His missing daughter.
(b) A man he is supposed to incapacitate.
(c) A nursing home for his mother.
(d) His wife who leaves him.
3. What does Chee do when Highhawk receives a phone call and excuses himself?
(a) Pretends disinterest.
(b) Writes down what he overheard from the call.
(c) Checks the time.
4. In what State penitentiary does Fleck do time?
(b) San Quentin.
5. About what do Chee and Leaphorn disagree?
(a) If Leaphorn should tell the press that the FBI did not identify the desert corpse.
(b) About whether or not Highhawk was insane.
(c) About the bones of Navajo people.
(d) If Chee should date Janet Pete.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Highhawk found?
2. What does Chee wonder about the Yeibichai mask?
3. Who is at Highhawk's townhouse when Chee and Leaphorn arrive?
4. Who had collected the Indian skeletons that the Smithsonian has in its possession?
5. About whom does Leaphorn ask his interrogators?
Short Essay Questions
1. With whom does Chee have breakfast and what amazes Chee?
2. What is Fleck's association with Eddy Elkins and why does Fleck think of him in this chapter?
3. Describe Fleck's conversation with "The Client" after reading the newspaper articles.
4. What does the man who was the conductor on the Amtrak train which stopped in the desert in New Mexico tell Joe Leaphorn?
5. What does Leaphorn observe about the handwriting on papers in the victim's luggage and what does he realize about one of the papers?
6. What does Leaphorn learn when he calls his office?
7. Describe the conversation between Leroy and Delmar Fleck.
8. Why do Chee and Highhawk agree to meet at the museum?
9. Who does Fleck follow to the Smithsonian?
10. How does Fleck's childhood lesson serve him while he is in prison and as a hired killer?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)