|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leaphorn learn about auranofin?
(a) It is a code word for a CIA operative.
(b) It is a code word for a priceless Native American relic.
(c) It is a drug.
(d) It is a code word for a CIA operation.
2. Why does Leaphorn miss Emma particularly at this moment?
(a) Because he feels lonely in such a large city.
(b) For her reassurance that he is not a failure.
(c) Because they had their honeymoon near the area.
(d) Because she would love to see the Native American exhibit at the Smithsonian.
3. Who does Leaphorn call to fill him in on what Leaphorn has learned in Washington, D. C?
4. Who is Alice Yoakum?
(a) Fleck's mother.
(b) Jim Chee's contact in the Washington, D. C. police department.
(c) Highhawk's fence for stolen goods.
(d) The security cop at the museum when Jim Chee was there.
5. What does Chee wonder about the Yeibichai mask?
(a) If the mask is one of the objects Highhawk robbed from a grave.
(b) Why they would put a Yeibichai mask on a manikin.
(c) How the museum came to own such a sacred object.
(d) If the museum knows it is a fake.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom does Elkins work?
2. About whom does Leaphorn ask his interrogators?
3. Where does Captain Rodney meet Leaphorn?
4. What is different between the list and the notebook in the luggage Leaphorn inspects?
5. What is the name of the exhibit Highhawk is setting up?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whose body is found in some bushes and what is the cause of death?
2. What is the possible history of the Inca mask of the god Viracocha?
3. Describe Fleck's conversation with "The Client" after reading the newspaper articles.
4. What does Leaphorn observe about the handwriting on papers in the victim's luggage and what does he realize about one of the papers?
5. Describe the conversation between Leroy and Delmar Fleck.
6. What is Fleck's association with Eddy Elkins and why does Fleck think of him in this chapter?
7. Describe the conversation between Fleck and the Client and Fleck's reaction afterward.
8. What does Leaphorn learn when he calls his office?
9. What does Chee conclude about the Yeibichai mask and how does he come to that conclusion?
10. Who does Fleck follow to the Smithsonian?
This section contains 1,006 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)