|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Fleck need immediately?
(a) 22,000 dollars.
(b) 3000 dollars.
(c) 1000 dollars.
(d) 10,000 dollars.
2. What does Fleck call the nursing home director?
(a) The Mad Man.
(b) The Fat Man.
(c) The Ugly Man.
(d) The Mean Man.
3. What does Leaphorn learn about auranofin?
(a) It is a code word for a priceless Native American relic.
(b) It is a code word for a CIA operation.
(c) It is a code word for a CIA operative.
(d) It is a drug.
4. What is the criteria upon which the Smithsonian will return a skeleton to a tribe?
(a) If they get a court order.
(b) If the tribe pays for the past storage of the skeletons.
(c) If the tribe signs a no-sue clause.
(d) If a family connection is shown.
5. Who does Chee confront as he and Janet leave Highhawk's office?
(a) A man trying to break into Janet's car.
(b) A policeman being rough with a young black man.
(c) The man in the Chevy.
(d) A youth trying to steal an elderly woman's purse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Highhawk wish to speak with Janet Pete privately?
2. What does Hartman worry if she returns one of the objects of her display?
3. How does Leaphorn learn the killer's address?
4. For whom does Elkins work?
5. What is Leaphorn's typical outfit at home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the prosecutors offer Highhawk and what is his response?
2. Who comes to Leaphorn's hotel room and what do they want and how does Leaphorn handle the situation?
3. What happens while Highhawk and Chee are sitting in Highhawk's office and what does Chee do?
4. What lesson does Fleck remember from his childhood?
5. What does Leaphorn learn when he calls his office?
6. What does Jim Chee find in Highhawk's office and what does he think of it?
7. What has Fleck done to the nursing home director and why?
8. What does Leaphorn observe about the handwriting on papers in the victim's luggage and what does he realize about one of the papers?
9. Why do Chee and Highhawk agree to meet at the museum?
10. What does the man who was the conductor on the Amtrak train which stopped in the desert in New Mexico tell Joe Leaphorn?
This section contains 1,026 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)