|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Captain Rodney meet Leaphorn?
(a) The downtown police station.
(b) Janet Pete's office.
(c) Highhawk's townhouse.
(d) A coffee shop.
2. How is Highhawk killed?
(a) His head is bashed in with a heavy object.
(b) Knife wound through the heart.
(c) His throat is slit.
(d) Gunshot to the head.
3. Who had collected the Indian skeletons that the Smithsonian has in its possession?
(a) The United States Army in the early 1900s.
(b) Earlier generations of anthropologists.
(c) The Indian Bureau.
(d) It is not known how the skeletons were gathered.
4. What is under Highhawk's body?
(a) A note.
(b) The Yeibichai mask.
(c) A Rain God fetish.
5. What does Chee wish to see?
(a) The Vietnam memorial.
(b) The Tano God of Rain fetish.
(c) The White House.
(d) The Tano Twin War God fetish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of the dance for Anges Tsosie?
2. Who is at Highhawk's townhouse when Chee and Leaphorn arrive?
3. About what does Leaphorn learn?
4. What does Leroy Fleck locate?
5. What is different between the list and the notebook in the luggage Leaphorn inspects?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Fleck's conversation with "The Client" after reading the newspaper articles.
2. What happens while Highhawk and Chee are sitting in Highhawk's office and what does Chee do?
3. What does the man who was the conductor on the Amtrak train which stopped in the desert in New Mexico tell Joe Leaphorn?
4. What does Leaphorn observe about the handwriting on papers in the victim's luggage and what does he realize about one of the papers?
5. What does the recording found with Highhawk reveal?
6. What does Chee conclude about the Yeibichai mask and how does he come to that conclusion?
7. What does Fleck read in the newspaper about Cardona and about the man Fleck murders in the desert?
8. Besides a Yeibichai mask, what else does Chee find of interest in Highhawk's office?
9. How does Leaphorn find an address for the victim that was dumped in the desert?
10. Who comes to Leaphorn's hotel room and what do they want and how does Leaphorn handle the situation?
This section contains 1,046 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)