|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Fleck need immediately?
(a) 22,000 dollars.
(b) 3000 dollars.
(c) 1000 dollars.
(d) 10,000 dollars.
2. Why does Chee finally leave Highhawk's office at the museum?
(a) He gets a call from Janet Pete.
(b) He gets a call from Joe Leaphorn.
(c) Highhawk does not return.
(d) He is to meet a police officer for lunch.
3. What is Leaphorn's typical outfit at home?
(a) Jeans and flannel shirt.
(b) Business suit.
(c) The uniform of the Nez Pez Tribal Police.
(d) The uniform of the Navajo Tribal Police.
4. For what is Fleck still searching?
(a) A nursing home for his mother.
(b) A man he is supposed to incapacitate.
(c) His wife who leaves him.
(d) His missing daughter.
5. Who takes credit for the identification of Elogio Santillanes y Jimenez?
(a) The FBI.
(b) The Navajo tribal police.
(c) The CIA.
(d) The Washington, D. C. police department.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Leaphorn's interrogators act?
2. What does Leroy Fleck locate?
3. What does Hartman worry if she returns one of the objects of her display?
4. Why is Highhawk unwilling to accept what Janet tells him?
5. Who does Leaphorn call to fill him in on what Leaphorn has learned in Washington, D. C?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Leaphorn find an address for the victim that was dumped in the desert?
2. What is Fleck's association with Eddy Elkins and why does Fleck think of him in this chapter?
3. What has Fleck done to the nursing home director and why?
4. What does Leaphorn observe about the handwriting on papers in the victim's luggage and what does he realize about one of the papers?
5. What does Fleck read in the newspaper about Cardona and about the man Fleck murders in the desert?
6. What lesson does Fleck remember from his childhood?
7. What does Chee conclude about the Yeibichai mask and how does he come to that conclusion?
8. With whom do Chee and Leaphorn meet and what does Chee tell the person?
9. Who comes to Leaphorn's hotel room and what do they want and how does Leaphorn handle the situation?
10. How does Fleck's childhood lesson serve him while he is in prison and as a hired killer?
This section contains 994 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)