|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Elogio Santillanes y Jimenez have to remained a "John Doe" for Fleck to be paid by The Client?
(a) 14 days.
(b) 45 days.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 30 days.
2. What other Native American artifacts are in Highhawk's office?
(c) Hopi and Zuni.
(d) Nez Pez.
3. For what is Fleck still searching?
(a) His missing daughter.
(b) A man he is supposed to incapacitate.
(c) His wife who leaves him.
(d) A nursing home for his mother.
4. What does Dr. Hartman show Chee?
(a) An Inca mask of Viracocha.
(b) A mask from Ecuador belonging to the Cañari tribe.
(c) An Azteck mask of Huitzilopochtli.
(d) A Rain fetish of the Pueblo Acoma.
5. Why is Highhawk unwilling to accept what Janet tells him?
(a) He wants to be seen as a militant Indian.
(b) He believes what he did was not illegal.
(c) He is willing to accept the plea bargain.
(d) He believes he is being framed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Chee confront as he and Janet leave Highhawk's office?
2. Where do Chee and Janet go on the Metro?
3. How can Chee tell the Yeibichai is a replica?
4. Who is Alice Yoakum?
5. What myth do the surreal drawings represent that Chee studies in Highhawk's office?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Fleck done to the nursing home director and why?
2. Besides a Yeibichai mask, what else does Chee find of interest in Highhawk's office?
3. With whom does Chee have breakfast and what amazes Chee?
4. Why do Chee and Highhawk agree to meet at the museum?
5. What does Chee conclude about the Yeibichai mask and how does he come to that conclusion?
6. Describe the conversation between Leroy and Delmar Fleck.
7. Who does Fleck follow to the Smithsonian?
8. Describe Fleck's conversation with "The Client" after reading the newspaper articles.
9. Describe the conversation between Fleck and the Client and Fleck's reaction afterward.
10. What lesson does Fleck remember from his childhood?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)