|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What other Native American artifacts are in Highhawk's office?
(b) Nez Pez.
(c) Hopi and Zuni.
2. About whom does Leaphorn ask his interrogators?
3. What myth do the surreal drawings represent that Chee studies in Highhawk's office?
(a) Water Boy.
(b) Holy Boy.
(c) Water Girl.
(d) Holy Girl.
4. What is under Highhawk's body?
(a) The Yeibichai mask.
(c) A note.
(d) A Rain God fetish.
5. What does Fleck want to photograph?
(a) His daughter with a gang.
(b) His partner embezzling.
(c) The client.
(d) His wife with another man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Chee discuss with Leaphorn?
2. How long has it been since Elogio Santillanes y Jimenez is murdered when Fleck reads about him?
3. Who does Leaphorn call to fill him in on what Leaphorn has learned in Washington, D. C?
4. How do Leaphorn's interrogators act?
5. About what does Leaphorn learn?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jim Chee find in Highhawk's office and what does he think of it?
2. Describe the conversation between Fleck and the Client and Fleck's reaction afterward.
3. What does Leaphorn observe about the handwriting on papers in the victim's luggage and what does he realize about one of the papers?
4. What has Fleck done to the nursing home director and why?
5. What is Fleck's association with Eddy Elkins and why does Fleck think of him in this chapter?
6. How does Fleck's childhood lesson serve him while he is in prison and as a hired killer?
7. With whom does Chee have breakfast and what amazes Chee?
8. Whose body is found in some bushes and what is the cause of death?
9. What does Chee conclude about the Yeibichai mask and how does he come to that conclusion?
10. Describe Fleck's conversation with "The Client" after reading the newspaper articles.
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)