|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What other Native American artifacts are in Highhawk's office?
(b) Hopi and Zuni.
(c) Nez Pez.
2. What does Leaphorn realize the purpose of the list is?
(a) To remind the victim of meetings.
(b) To mislead the police as to the reasons for the murder.
(c) To remind the killer of what to dispose of.
(d) To point the figure at the wrong person.
3. What interests Captain Parker about the incident at the museum when Highhawk disappears?
(a) There was nothing stolen at the museum.
(b) The alarm system did not go off.
(c) The sprinkler system went off.
(d) The security guard was not at her station.
4. What does Fleck want to photograph?
(a) His partner embezzling.
(b) His wife with another man.
(c) The client.
(d) His daughter with a gang.
5. What is the purpose of the dance for Anges Tsosie?
(a) To restore her to harmony with her fate.
(b) To cure her of her brain tumor.
(c) To entertain her in her last hours.
(d) To cure her of liver cancer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills a cop in Chapter 18?
2. Who refuses to pay Fleck for a job he did?
3. Who does Fleck consider asking for money?
4. What is Leaphorn's typical outfit at home?
5. About what do Chee and Leaphorn disagree?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Fleck's childhood lesson serve him while he is in prison and as a hired killer?
2. Besides a Yeibichai mask, what else does Chee find of interest in Highhawk's office?
3. How does Leaphorn find an address for the victim that was dumped in the desert?
4. With whom does Chee have breakfast and what amazes Chee?
5. What has Fleck done to the nursing home director and why?
6. What does the recording found with Highhawk reveal?
7. Why do Chee and Highhawk agree to meet at the museum?
8. Whose body is found in some bushes and what is the cause of death?
9. Who does Fleck follow to the Smithsonian?
10. With whom do Chee and Leaphorn meet and what does Chee tell the person?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)